Gen III / A body...high 10's / low 11's...street strip car. Anyone?

-
Ocp makes a nice carb intake. Yes it will bolt to a small block pattern trans

Wow. That's awesome. I'm sure alot more parts for this swap will start coming out. Theres a few of these in my local salvage yard. Never would have thought they would bolt up to those trans.

Last edited:
Wow. That's awesome. I'm sure alot more parts for this swap will start coming out. Theres a few of these in my local salvage yard. Never would have thought they would bolt up to those trans.
You'll need a few small swap specific parts, but they are all available.

Great thread following , a 6.4 would be my choice into a 3200lb Aussie Valiant Charger right hand drive, no stroker kit needed to achieve 11s

Hi guys, The OCP dual plane is my manifold. My early forged stock cube 5.7L with ported early 5.7L heads ran a best of [email protected] on pump gas and big gears and a sheet metal Hogan cross ram and 11.20s with an OCP dual plane and a single old school 850dp. It ran 11.50s with 4.10s and drag radials on pump gas. This engine was built in 2007 so there wasn't as much out there as there is today so a lot more is possible in every way. I just got off the dyno yesterday with my stock long block early 5.7L dyno mule and it put down some good numbers for what it is. 337hp and 343ftlbs at the tire with nothing more than a 6.1L cam as an internal modification. I am going to send the carb out to have it worked a little to try and pick up a few more HP. It uses an old school 750 double pumper, OCP dual plane, MSD Hemi 6, and TTI 1 3/4 swap headers. I run high 12s at just over 104mph with just this setup in my 3670lb 68 Cuda with 3.55gears, 28" drag radials, 2500 stall converter with a 727 on 22 degrees total timing.

Last edited:
May have to start looking into a hemi swap for when my magnum let's go. Looks like parts availability is getting better.

Hi guys, The OCP dual plane is my manifold. My early forged stock cube 5.7L with ported early 5.7L heads ran a best of [email protected] on pump gas and big gears and a sheet metal Hogan cross ram and 11.20s with an OCP dual plane and a single old school 850dp. It ran 11.50s with 4.10s and drag radials on pump gas. This engine was built in 2007 so there wasn't as much out there as there is today so a lot more is possible in every way. I just got off the dyno yesterday with my stock long block early 5.7L dyno mule and it put down some good numbers for what it is. 337hp and 343ftlbs at the tire with nothing more than a 6.1L cam as an internal modification. I am going to send the carb out to have it worked a little to try and pick up a few more HP. It uses an old school 750 double pumper, OCP dual plane, MSD Hemi 6, and TTI 1 3/4 swap headers. I run high 12s at just over 104mph with just this setup in my 3670lb 68 Cuda with 3.55gears, 28" drag radials, 2500 stall converter with a 727 on 22 degrees total timing.

Wait...what? A Hogans intake for a Gen III? I'd love to see pics of that!

Also, what is a "big gears" ratio?

Thanks!

4.88 gears and 27" tires. I was shifting at 7500. Let me see if I can link a pic. It's the pic in my signature. Are you on Facebook?

IMG_4638.JPG

This is what the cross ram looked like when I had it on the car.

7500 rpm????
Yes sir! 7500 I have had it up to 7800. It's been the same engine for about 10 years now. I just pulled it out for my stockish swap testing. The engine is going to be freshened and put into my 72 Dart.

my ignition ( msd6 ) is cutting at 6100 or something... thought first it is the fuel delivery or carb but it makes the same noise like a Turbo Honda into the limiter... strange. I have the same gears like you, but Manual shifter and 26" m/t tires... and been sticking at 12.97 sec @ 110 :(

Very cool intake! I had never seen one before...awesome!

Next question: what front cover do you have that has heater hose provisions?? I'd like to see more motor pics if you'd like to share. Thank you!!

Very cool intake! I had never seen one before...awesome!

Next question: what front cover do you have that has heater hose provisions?? I'd like to see more motor pics if you'd like to share. Thank you!!

I used a modified truck cover for the old alternator. For the hose mod I used a truck water pump, knocked the bypass welch plug out, tapped it NPT, put some epoxy on the fitting when I screwed it into place. The other line was the stock line that was cut down and slightly modified for the second heater line.

IMG_3189.JPG

IMG_3242.JPG

IMG_0668.JPG

Some of the wheel hp figs quoted on this thread are completely unrealistic - a stock 6.1 simply can not make 400 at the wheels..that would mean its losing 25 hp thru the drivetrain which is ridiculous.

In general...accepted loss figures through a stick and factory diff is about 60hp, through a 727 and 9" its closer to 90-110.. depending on converter.

HemiJoes rwhp figs are far closer to reality.

Mine..fwiw..

6.1, stock heads, shorty headers, Inertia cam (8 deg retarded) , Edelbrock dual quad, stacked spacers, 4.11 8.75, 727, 3600 converter.

Cam - Problem with aftermarket sticks is theres very little pist-valve clearance with stock motors...so they grind them to go in retarded...so the piston doesnt clash with the valve.

Now this doesnt hurt EFI cars too bad...but it kills torque in carb cars.

Thats why my motor is coming out...new slugs with reliefs...and a new cam....aiming for 11.5.

The earlier intake valve opening from a more advanced camshaft may mean I wont need the 4 hole spacers either.

-
Back