Getting over an ex carfriend?

-

RandomPlymouth

Reaction score
Ugh guys I like my valiant but it just doesn't have the I love it to death feeling like my satellite did its like an ex girlfriend well sorta lol but any ideas to get over my old car? I loved my old one way more but couldn't afford the gas millage and it sort of died one day but that car I don't know it just ugh :banghead:

ohhh both of them btw

Attachments

• 599647_291030771015411_793569704_n.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 441
  • 299686_320682461383575_738393403_n.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 451
Nice ride,CRUISE IT,DAMMIT!(lol).I can see you hating,missing the Satellite.Please have fun.

make the car fit you . Dont set it up to make others say thats a nice car or some thing like that set the car up to make you go i like that ......... Like if you car is all quite and you like loud cars make it loud ..... If you like the dont mess with me look then put a hood scoop on it ... stuff like that make the car fit you it is a nice car btw That what i had to do with my old dakota I didnt like it one bit intell i started messing with it droped it a coil in the front 3 inch blocks in the back hood scoop primer dog dish and a flowmaster dumped .... I was happy with it .

Attachments

• 27631570345_large.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 435
wow that is a sweet Valiant

its not about getting what you want ....its about wanting what you have .....im sure you would be very sad if the valiant left your life ......things happen for a reason and the car Gods have spoken and want it this way .....are you going to argue with them?

plus you never know what other car will come into your life later ......i have saved so many strays over the years ....you never know whats coming next.

i never thought i would be giving TLC to a 68 Coronet Wagon but suddenly one was in front of me...LOL of all the unusual cars LOL

Don't get me wrong though I would die alittle on the inside if I lost this car and I have made it loud by cutting the "rusty" exhaust out and straight piping it and I am going to lift the rear end and get deep dish mags and white letter tires to go on them but when I turn around after I get out of the car I wanna see this brut american muscle looking thing and I am greeted by this business casual car thing and I have only had this car a couple months and I still haven't adjusted so to say. But being 17 I have a long road ahead of me, I think I want to later on down the line take this little gold car and gas it out to full drag status and name it Business Casual in like retro 70's pinstripeing on the side. Most of my friends and co-workers have said its a pretty ugly car but I can see it for what I want it to be and the beauty in it even though it has 4-doors and its inca gold. I guess these things take time and im a stubborn teenager. But at this past car show I was the only person with a /6 and I felt unique in a world of 350 chevys and mustangs. But I do like Dart_Doctors Dakota with the steelies and hubs like that they hit me in the feels man I wouldn't mind having a black set for Val. But if one thing about this car so far has pissed me off already its that I can't figure out where it is leaking coolant >.>

You have to do what the wallet will let you unless you have a free supply of parts and someone else taking care of your daily needs. Enjoy the more door and put your touches on it. You will love the car more as time goes on but it will never be the same as your first love affair.

You have to do what the wallet will let you unless you have a free supply of parts and someone else taking care of your daily needs. Enjoy the more door and put your touches on it. You will love the car more as time goes on but it will never be the same as your first love affair.
I have to agree with him .... It took me almost 2 years to get the dakota to where it was in the 1st pic heres how i had to drive it for along time

Attachments

• 27631570093_large.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 410
I can't figure out where it is leaking coolant

Well, this is good place to ask for help:cheers:
Tell us more. Is there coolant on the floor/ground under it when it sits? Does the coolant level just drop after some few days of driving? Have you rented a pressure tester and pressurized the system? Does it have any white smoke? Any smell of coolant in the cabin? Any wetness on the passenger floor? Any oily residue in the radiator? Any tan colored foam on the dipstick or in the oil? How much coolant do you loose, over what period of time? Does it matter whether you drive it or not in this loss of coolant?

We have some /6 experts on here. Post up the answers and I am sure that you will be getting some good advise to track down your problem. How long have you owned it?
And, welcome aboard:cheers:
C

You are 17 and you own a cool old car...co-workers might have a case of 'Envy'?

Tell us more. Is there coolant on the floor/ground under it when it sits? Does the coolant level just drop after some few days of driving? Have you rented a pressure tester and pressurized the system? Does it have any white smoke? Any smell of coolant in the cabin? Any wetness on the passenger floor? Any oily residue in the radiator? Any tan colored foam on the dipstick or in the oil? How much coolant do you loose, over what period of time? Does it matter whether you drive it or not in this loss of coolant?

We have some /6 experts on here. Post up the answers and I am sure that you will be getting some good advise to track down your problem. How long have you owned it?
C
the little hose that gos to the water pump would be my 1st guess ever one ive ever had no one ever changed it its a bear to get to

I understand where you are coming from. Back in the day I had an E body that I LOVED. I let it go because I had bills to pay, but I miss that car even now which is 20 years later. I now have a 68 Dart that is my baby. It is not my e body but it is my now car.It is normal to miss cars that you were attached to but remember one thing- no matter how much we miss our old cars they are NOT coming back, so make the most of the car you have now. JMO

I had a Satellite Sebring Plus just like yours, only black vinyl top, and a 400. I really loved that car too, but it sure did like gas. 13 on the highway. I've been tempted a few times to buy another one.

C
I have had it since January and it has only come up recently and there is no white smoke and none of the hoses are leaking but it does drop after a few days of driving and after driving a puddle will appear when it is sitting, no oil in the rad and no coolant on the oil dipstick and I lose around 3/4 over like 3 days of driving daily but then on the 4th day everything seems to just drain out into a lake under my car but when I am driving I don't see a trail behind me and when it idles nothing leaks so I am stumped :-\"

I don't tend to get attached to cars. Sure I might love how it drives / looks but the feeling isn't the same as to people. Then again, I don't get hung up on many people yet sometimes there is that certain person that just seems so prefect for you.

Cars you can tinker with and make them more how you like them--or just buy that car that you can create just how you like. People are not like that, sure you might grow together and change but you just can't rip them apart and change them to how you so please.

Mind you, I totaled out 2 cars so far and the first was "my baby", I had so many good times and stuff happen with it but one day I wiped out and woke up in ER never to see that car again. (looking back I'm glad it happen, it was just a hunk of steel and noting else)

That Valiant is cool, i'd love to drive that around :glasses7:

But that Satellite was cool too, I have a soft spot for them, here is my 74 Satellite, bought it when I was 16 as my first car, still own it today.

Attachments

• DSC05419.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC05420.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 304
-
Back