Getting over an ex carfriend?

-
So there may be some good out of this mess, I may be able to buy the val back and I found a 67 dart 4-door thats a nice resto but cheap so I may get that car but it doesn't have power steering so if I wanted to could I put power steering on it using the parts from a 76??

LOL Yup I was messed up good ... still hurts when it comes on to rain or cold . But i guess that means im getting old

Yeah right, I am just now getting old and I am more than twice as old as you. You are just maybe barely past the young gun age if you still aren't considered a young gun.

To be honest I may go for a 2000's ford ranger, I may wait till im older to get another old mopar lol

Just remember they aren't making vintage Mopars now days and the prices will just go up. When I started buying 67 to 69 Barracudas in 1996 you could buy a real decent builder for less than what just the grilles bring today.

Just remember they aren't making vintage Mopars now days and the prices will just go up. When I started buying 67 to 69 Barracudas in 1996 you could buy a real decent builder for less than what just the grilles bring today.
Ohhh trust me for the time now I am still keeping an eye out for them but I think im only going to look for a shell and build it up over time

I must say i did get outta the old mopar game thats how that dakota came along lmao if you go for some thing newer i have to say the dakotas from 91 to 96 rock . Im outta the game right now as amatter of fact my barracudas just sitting wating on me to work on it

I must say i did get outta the old mopar game thats how that dakota came along lmao if you go for some thing newer i have to say the dakotas from 91 to 96 rock . Im outta the game right now as amatter of fact my barracudas just sitting wating on me to work on it
Well well ladies I am going out today to test drive the 67 Dart I found so ill have to give you guys an update on it when I return but I think if I go for another more-door ill love that I have another one again. I hate having to drive a ford escape lol

lmao Cool cant wate to see if you get it .. BTW we never got pics of the val ? lol
I can't put them up for some reason? And I liked the dart alot I MEAN ALOT but I am about to be 18 and college and what not so I may have to let it slide for something more reliable to drive daily for 2 hours back and forth. It ran good but I saw its flaws in person and well I just don't know im going to give it time

It happens man . I can see you not wanting to get an old car to make that run . Like i said if you gotta go newer check out the Dakotas ive had 2 one just died at 250### miles the other ones still going i see it driveing all the time lol it had 245### when i sold it . The 3.9 V6 is a good little motor but it will not out run a 4.3 v6 in a 87 s 10 lol . Test drive a dakota see if you like it . PS If you get a dakota and drop it like i did with mine put new shocks on it lol You will still not clear big speed bumps intell you flattin out the cross over pipe lol

My first car was a 68 charger back in 1985. I was just.a kid, and even tho i did a cosmetic resto, interior and bodywork and it looked nice, it was starting to nickel and dime me to death. It was my only source of transportation. I had to let it go so i could have a more reliable car to get to school and work.

I missed it and later bought a 69 charger, and was able to restore it. As i had reliable wheels to drive while it was apart. Eventually she too headed down thd road to a new owner, as lifes circumstances had their way with me. A move clear across the country for a job that i love and have been at for 18 years. A marriage, a house then a divorce , and payout to keep the house, pay off the house a second time, get married again have a baby boy, and 3 step daughters. Now im at a time in my life where i want the charger back again.

Cost prohibitive with a family, plus the fact that they are a bit hard to find nowadays. I found my sad little cuda coupe complete with leaning tower of power for a Grand and snapped it up. It needs a lot of work, but im not in a hurry to get it done, as for me the fun is the restoration part.

At 17 im sure many mopars will go thru your life. I have owned 27 of them in my 45 years. Most were drivers, some were projects, some i bought to fix and flip .for a profit. enjoy it for what it is a cool old car you dont see too many of anymore, plus uts got a nice back seat for you and your girlfriend at the drive in movies .

Sorry I haven't been on here in awhile guys I have been busy with school and work but I haven't found a nice looking dakota around here for sale but then again I haven't really looked lol but if I get one I think I am going to lift it, not sure?

Sorry I haven't been on here in awhile guys I have been busy with school and work but I haven't found a nice looking dakota around here for sale but then again I haven't really looked lol but if I get one I think I am going to lift it, not sure?

I think you would be better off with a Ford Ranger than a Dakota. The good years of the Dakota are really too old and they are getting thinned out in the salvage yards to source cheap parts. There was a whole bunck more Rangers manufactured too.

Always remember to look for things that may not look the best. People tend to discount cars pretty heavily if paints crap, interior ripped etc..

When I am in the market for a car I dont really go by visual, thats what 90% of people care about...its all about how it looks when you first see it. Look past that and as has been said just think about making it you. I realize you may not have the ability to replace panels, paint, interior work and so forth while your in college but still something to consider.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 2.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 3.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 4.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 65
  • inter1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 67
  • inter2.jpg