Go for A ride slant under 10.sec?

-
That is some fantastic engineering.
Thanks for sharing

wwwhhhaatt the heelllll was that!!! 9.85??!$% what! with a slant 6? i bet the camaro guy put a for sale sign on his car at the turn off. that just made my day.

Hello redfastback, yes it was sold one week later, at least I would have sold it. Glad you enjoyed the ride. Don

That is awsome. Who would of ever thought you could pull those no. with a /6. There is a 63 Valiant wagon that runs on the strip close to me and the last i head it did have it in the 10"s

You would be surprised what you can do with those engines.

My Dad had a 36 Plymouth with a flat head six... blew it up at 13,000 rpms... kept the frozen tach as a memory. He did that back in the 1940's... said that his car was "One fast S.O.B."

I never did believe his story until 2 years ago. My Dad died and I was back home helping my brother clean out the garage. I was going through a cabinet of junk when I found a box with that tach in it... sure enough, it was stuck @ 13,000.

Slants are great motors if you get the right one. 68-75 had forged crankshafts so they are perfect for boosting. Plus with a compression ratio of about 8.4:1 you add stock dimension forged pistons and your ready to put some boost to it with some ARP studs.

That is awsome. Who would of ever thought you could pull those no. with a /6. There is a 63 Valiant wagon that runs on the strip close to me and the last i head it did have it in the 10"s

Are you sure it is a 63 Wgn? Dave Mueler is from up that way. I understand his Valiant wgn (64 or 65 I think), has broken into the 10's. He is runnig alky and a Lenco 5 speed.

At the present time there have been 3 slant six powered door slammers, that I know of, in the 9's. Charles Myers, Cox Bros, and Tom Drake.
Also, Cameron Tilley in Austrailia, has run in the 10's with his "daily driver". There could be several other fast slants that that do not go on line, so they are not known.
There are also many 12, and 13 sec "street legal" slant six cars (mine included). :)

66 Cuda 170 nitrous, 13.16 at 98.42 street legal
65 Valiant 170 turbo 13.39 at 104 street legal
66 Valiant 225 nitrous 13.64 at 92.59 low budget race car ($1500)

Now I dont usually like to brag, but thought I better say somethint here.
I took my 66 Dart with a slant to Bandimere Speedway (Elevation about 5800) last year. After some tuning and getting used to the track I was able to post a best time of 19.64 (yes, I said NINETEEN) with a trap speed of 70.07mph...

Seriously...that is a killer video. That car leaves pretty hard!

Actually that is respectable. When I started with slant sixes, I turned a 22.8 the first day out.That was with my 65 Valiant 4 dr sdn. with a 170. Over the years, that evolved into my turbo car. Started in 1974, and still have the same drivetrain, but the car went from a 200 four dr, to a 100 four door, to a 100 two door.

There are many cars in the slant six racing series, that are totally stock, or have mild mods, and run in the 18's, 19's or 20's. The best thing about a slant is, it responds favoretly, to almost anything. You can have fun on a budget.

"It runs a turbocharged slant 6 EFI on methanol."

Turbo, EFI, Methanol......Hmmmm, I wonder if Nikki would be mad if I played with the 225 in her 72 a little bit more than I already have?

The best one is the Slant six vs big block chevy!!! :cheers:

Are you sure it is a 63 Wgn? Dave Mueler is from up that way. I understand his Valiant wgn (64 or 65 I think), has broken into the 10's. He is runnig alky and a Lenco 5 speed.

I am thinking it is a 63, but it might be a 64, It has been a while since i hav eseen him run. He runs up at the Woodburn Drag Strip here in Or. It is a baby blue. And Yeah I heard he did get into the 10's with it

I am thinking it is a 63, but it might be a 64, It has been a while since i hav eseen him run. He runs up at the Woodburn Drag Strip here in Or. It is a baby blue. And Yeah I heard he did get into the 10's with it

That sounds like Dave's car. You can check it out in person, to be sure. There will be a slant six race this season, up there. Not sure of the date, but will check, later.

EDIT: Actually you folks up in the northwest have four slant six races, this season.
May 31-June 1, Medford Dragstrip, Medford OR. Nostalgia Hot Rod & Gasser Meet. Slant six race on Saturday.

June 21-22, Woodburn Dragstrip, Woodburn, OR. Oldies but Goodies, Pre 72 slant six, inliners, and flatheads.

Aug 9-10, Hot Rod Nationals, Woodburn Dragstrip, Woodburn, OR. Pre 72 slant six, inliners, & flatheads

Sep 6-7, Northwest Reunion, Medford Dragstrip. Medford, OR.

May 31 and Sep weekends will award points for the Slant Six Racing News Series. Points races will be on Sat. All slant six powered cars are welcome. Stock or modified.

those vids are cool

i have always wanted to turbo a slant , I just never got around to it but im still breathing so i guess i stilll have time.

Damn! I love those cars. I like the thought of building the unusual. When I built my Duster originally everyone I talked to said I couldn't build a streetable 340 that would run 10's. Of course that was before the explosion of aftermarket parts and heads that became available. Still I did it, but damn a 9 second /6 is way cool indeed. My hat's off to those guys.

I've seen Charlie's car run 13's. Pretty awesome. Mine will run 18.4 on a good night. :) Don has his down to 17.7. I won't run against him any more. LOL Thinking about putting a manual tranny in it and a gear. I'd rather put the money in my Twister though. When he gets done with his /6, I'm going to need the 318 to compete with him.

-
Back