gonna start working on the dart

-
well got the pics resized and loaded..as most can see i took alot of bondo of the metal where some nut case did instead of just hammering the metal back out...also gonna cut the lower qter and replace the metal back there like i did on the driver side...all in all the car is good and solid ....mike

Attachments

• HPIM0662.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 240
  • HPIM0663.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 235
  • HPIM0664.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 249
  • HPIM0665.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 241
  • HPIM0666.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 240
anybody have any pics of how are where they cut the bumper mount for weight or what they made:toothy8: gonna take what ever weight i can out of this street machine:glasses7: so when i smash the go pedal :burnout:

well spent most of the day and some of the night in the shop working on the dart got a lot of the work done on 1 side of the qters and got a good look at the other side..had about 1/4 thick bondo in it for a little dent that could have been fixed if they would have took there time but hey i'll do it now..car is in really good shape just the dummy that had it made a mess....lol will post up the pics of the work tomm. left the sim card out side....i am really looking forward to getting this body work done so i can start on the motor....was going to be small block with some nos, but now i have changed plans and sold most of the small block stuff ...car will be powered by 400 big block

well spent today out in the yard with the dart nice day to do some bondo removal ..any way got a lot done to the car..way ahead of the game since i removed this thick bondo someone put in the qter and on the fender, for some small dents that could be banged out..any way here are some up date pics..also i found the build sheet under the seat...got a pic of it as well..:prayer::prayer:

Attachments

• HPIM0679.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 219
  • HPIM0678.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 231
  • HPIM0676.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 215
  • HPIM0675.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 220
  • HPIM0674.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 233
  • HPIM0673.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 218
  • HPIM0672.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 226
im not sure that this belongs in this section..i think it goes in the rest. section if so mods could you please move it..i see other build alike in that section..but its up to the higher powers thanks mike:prayer:

man just getting started good on this car and starting to see where it will be and got the call tonight.......damn guy gonna come over and take a look and see if he wants it...lol now the ???? is what do you guys think it may be worth...when i got it the car had a 7 1/4 someone had put in....everything on the car works map light,buzzer for the door rev. lights,was told the ac worked dont know didnt even try it just pulled it all out, but still have everything for the car except trans....anyway the car now has a 8 3/4 with ss springs and positive unit and has 4.56 gears to go .......i really have no idea what do you guys think is fair to ask??????:D:D

well here are some more up dates on the work with the dart today...i had to go out and get some metal to make the patch for the rust spots...got 1 patch in and will work on the other tomm...al so have a small spot that is going to be cut out behind the qter panel inside the truck..enjoy..let me know what you guys think the work looks like so for..lol mike:laughing:

Attachments

• HPIM0682.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 212
  • HPIM0683.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 202
  • HPIM0684.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 208
i am trying lol i keeps me from thinking of every day problems and out the bottom of a cold beer for the most part...+++++ i am starting to like this...and i want to do all the work right here in my shop so i can say i did it myself....got a little help from my son and his friend some time...but its coming along nicely ..mike

does that build sheet have v2x if so that is a factory painted hard top with vinyl top trim.Might want to think about putting that back as it would be rare.

i will have to check the sheet on that.. but thats good to know..thanks

well got some more work doe today...not done yet but getting there...

Attachments

• HPIM0691.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 197
  • HPIM0690.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 200
  • HPIM0689.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 193
  • HPIM0688.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 191
  • HPIM0687.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 204
  • HPIM0686.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 195
  • HPIM0685.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 197
well i have been working on the pass side off and on for a while now... i have it just about where i want but i keep finding damn high spots here and there..tonight i sanded everything down smooth and shoot some primer to see just where the problems are...got it all shoot did a light sanding and damn high spot again.:wack:..i tried to tap it in just a little but when i do it goes right back in:violent1:..what do you guys do in a case like this?????i am about to say f--k it and move on.....the car is not going to be perfect but i do want it to look good...as i look down it from the front and back and the side i dont see the spot, its about the size of a fifty cent piece .....other then that i like the work i have done...sprayed some rattle can after i finished a spot on the other side and let it dry hit it with about 3 coats and some clear and damn it looks good...i will get a pic of it and see how you guys like the color i am/was thinking of painting the car..:toothy7:......i am more ready to get a motor in it and drive it some then anything else......but thought i would do most of the body work while i can without the motor as i painted under the hod as well...not like most you guys that take everything from under the hood..its not that kinda build ..lol well any help or ideas on the high spot will be great...:violent1:

thanks valiant rebel....its been kicking my butt on the last part of body work....if i can get this pass side done i am ready to do primer on the whole car..right now im just shooting to find all the stuff you really cant see til its got something on it...i plan to use i high build primer once done and hope to fill in some little void where chips and stuff like that are....maybe by end jan. it will be running and painted....i still need to fig. out if i am going to mini tub it or not....i want a nice tire under it on the stock rally wheel if possible...i would love to put some drag radials on it...i plan to upgrade to motor once i have it in and running gonna collect parts..nice hyd/maybe small solid cam ,intake,i have a 950hp carb, headers,oh oh oh oh and a shoot of gas(100) lol gonna be me little street killer..lol but i have to be able to drive it as well and have fun...to many projects and not enough money:violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::violent1::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

well got the car in primer today...the first coat now i have to lok it over and see where it needs to be touched up on the body......was kinda fun to prime the car and learn how to do it...i just hate the block sanding now lol...anyway up date pics can be seen here

http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums/l548/bigmike540/

thanks for looking lol ..maybe i'll finish it by the summer so i cna drive it out to the track and bobs house ....:prayer:

:prayer::prayer::prayer: she coming or going 1 lol mike:D:D

well the motor plans are a nice 360 with kb 107 and about 10.1 comp and a comp cam 520/540 soild with a torker340 intake and ported j-heads 727 with 9.5 5000 vrta and 4.10/30 gears with ss springs and bout 150 shoot of nos.. i think im going to mini tube the car and add 1 of the 8 3/4 that i have so i can run a nice size tire 28/10.5 or i may keep the factory wheels and just put some m/t drag radials on it..gonna be a driver with the op. to fight.. got a set of headers and flow masters that i took of the duster that will go on it as well.. alot of the parts are from the duster with the 340 but since im going big block in it i can use them on the dart....i think i like the color just need to fix the rust spots...also plan to have the bench seat redone may take the old lady out to the move some times lol

I like the color combo! I'm just wondering if that 150 shot might be a little much on those KB107s with that much compression?

great work ! keep it red ! here's my red 74 *

Attachments

• 74 dart 001.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 147
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l548/bigmike540/utf-8BSU1HMDAxODItMjAxMjAxMjgtMTgwMy5qcGc.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l548/bigmike540/utf-8BSU1HMDAxODMtMjAxMjAxMjgtMTgwNC5qcGc.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l548/bigmike540/utf-8BSU1HMDAxODQtMjAxMjAxMjgtMTgwNC5qcGc.jpg

got the car all done in primer and she is ready for paint.......what do you guys think....mike:thumrigh::thumrigh::thumrigh::thumrigh:

gotta go back and touch up under the hood again as i didnt cover up where i had painted it..lol but thats the easy part ..mike

yes i put on 2 coats of primer at first then spray boomed it with black and block sanded the car and fixed at that i had to fix...got it to where i like and shoot 3 coats of primer today and came out great.. now i just gotta finfish the hood and under the hood ..mike:prayer:

-
Back