Goodbye Torqstorm, hello Spoolius Ceasar

-
Its a hugh learning curve at least for me with EFI, I just used the jeep cam position sensor with mine, I forget who made the adaptor to it or I have the one Mad Dart made with a stock distributor, if you want to use that you can. Coil near plug is the way to go with some ls coils, the MS3 drives them no problem, get some aluminum valve covers and drill and tap or if you tig weld some threaded bungs on them and mount.the coils there like mine if you want or off to the side like Chris did on his awesome car.
What did he do with the stock distributor? Gut it and add a sensor inside? I have extra stock distributors I could gut. The next thing I would still need a crank sensor right? But I could always get an msd crank trigger for that I suppose.

What did he do with the stock distributor? Gut it and add a sensor inside? I have extra stock distributors I could gut. The next thing I would still need a crank sensor right? But I could always get an msd crank trigger for that I suppose.
Yep exactly I'll post up a pic for you on what he did. Yeah get a 32 tooth crank wheel, Megasquirt sells them as well too along with all the sensors.

yeah i'm not relying on the water/meth.. it's just there as insurance (as much as I want to put all the boost to it, I'm trying to make things work right first. lol). But Honestly i'm tired of the carburetor being too rich then too lean. I have it very nice at idle and WOT with boost now, but the mid range cruise is just super fat. It was really bad, but I sorta got it to cruise around 11.8-12.2. Frustrating. So I think i'm going to make myself an EFI setup with MS3 as a winter project. Right now i'm reading, learning and creating parts lists. Not sure if I want to try and make a cam sync setup and make a coil near plug setup or just stick with the MSD 6 programmable and let the MS control it.
Man, I can relate to that... It's unfortunate you had to switch back to gas from E85 due to availability, because you can get away with cruising a bit fat on E and it won't foul plugs or run dirty. I battled my cruise AFR a few years ago, trying to clean it up. Just like yourself, I had idle and WOT dialed. I went down on main jet, but as I suspected, I was cruising on the idle circuit, so going down on primary jet didn't do anything. I had to restrict fuel to the transfer slots by reducing the idle feed restrictors. I measured mine, they were pretty large at .035" (as it came from Holley). I got blanks and started at .025" and the car was coughing on cruise, too lean. I'm almost positive I landed at .029" for my car. If your car is just fat on the gauge, but is cruising smoothly and without fouling plugs and hiccupping from being too fat, I'd almost be inclined to leave it, if you can live with it. But if you're like me and you gotta make it right, the above was the right path for me.

Man, I can relate to that... It's unfortunate you had to switch back to gas from E85 due to availability, because you can get away with cruising a bit fat on E and it won't foul plugs or run dirty. I battled my cruise AFR a few years ago, trying to clean it up. Just like yourself, I had idle and WOT dialed. I went down on main jet, but as I suspected, I was cruising on the idle circuit, so going down on primary jet didn't do anything. I had to restrict fuel to the transfer slots by reducing the idle feed restrictors. I measured mine, they were pretty large at .035" (as it came from Holley). I got blanks and started at .025" and the car was coughing on cruise, too lean. I'm almost positive I landed at .029" for my car. If your car is just fat on the gauge, but is cruising smoothly and without fouling plugs and hiccupping from being too fat, I'd almost be inclined to leave it, if you can live with it. But if you're like me and you gotta make it right, the above was the right path for me.
I'm a tinkerer.. and I check plugs pretty often. So if I know there is a problem, it drives me nuts.

Lol same here... check those idle feed restrictors! It's a lot simpler than swapping to EFI (and I'm an EFI guy too)
Im certain I can make it work, But I also want data logging. I figure by the time I get a data logging setup the way I like it and the carb just right. I could have spent just a bit more and moved the system up a notch. Plus it would be fun. I'm pretty sure I can sell my e85 blow through carb for a good bit and cover the ms3 And harness lol

I love my ms3 and all of the extra built in features that negate the need for all of the other extra “boxes”. For cam sync I use the factory Magnum distributor. Easy peazy.

-
Back