Goodbye Torqstorm, hello Spoolius Ceasar

-
Do those new MS3 “lite” boxes support sequential injection for 8 cylinders? I think that may be the trade off for the lower price.
This one does and supports an iac stepper valve as well as pwm iac. I was looking at the ms3 evo mini. But this efisource box apparently does. Seems pretty cool.
MS3 Gold Lite with 8ft Harness – EFI Source

I use a trigger wheel cut from the CAD diagram Subcom sent me. It cost me under $40 to have it made. I probably have the diagram if he can’t find it. I use an unmodified magnum distributor; cap and everything! I went with a 4150 style throttle body because I wanted to retain my carb hat and existing charge pipe configuration. There is also airflow distribution to consider when converting a carburetor manifold which tilted my decision towards 4150.

I use a microsquirt which has a similar number of inputs/outputs to the unit you’re looking at, and I regret it. I’d strongly suggest choosing something with more inputs/outputs especially since you’re already interested in data logging. You may also want to look at slightly bigger injectors(120lb?) unless you’re sure to be done with e85. I’m at 85% injector duty cycle at 15psi, 12:1afr, and 50% ethanol with 96lb injectors.

-
Back