Got me a Toy Hauler

-
Very Very Nice!

Nice Rig! I've got a 40 footer as well. If you are ever heading out to Ocotillo Wells, let me know.

One thing - with a rig that size, the glorious state of California requires you to have to have a Class A non-commercial drivers license. this requires both a written (standard Class C and Class A) test and a driving skills test. The CHP will look for a BS reason to pull you over (tinted windows etc...), then check for the license requirements. I know a couple of friends who have been sited, but I have heard stories about the CHP literally making people drop their rigs on the side of the road - especially the routes leading in and out of Glamis. Not common knowledge, but true - check with the DMV. PM me if you have any questions, and happy "camping"!!!

Thats a huge *****! I would also check on the capacity of the door since most weekend warriors have a light weight door made for dune buggies. Congrats, what are you going to pull it with.

I have a FS30 tag weekend warrior and have used it for car events including Vegas. They work out nice and I have been very happy with it.

Thats a huge *****! I would also check on the capacity of the door since most weekend warriors have a light weight door made for dune buggies. Congrats, what are you going to pull it with.

Rear ramp door is fine. If I remember right when I bought mine they had like a 1500 pound per axle rating or more. I have never had any issues.

If the car hangs up while loading, the easiest way to circumvent the problem is to purchase a 2"X10"X 8ft plank, cut it in 2 four foot sections.

Next taper the pieces on both ends, place them on the ramp nearest the trailer and test load the car.

If it solves the problem, you can attach them to the ramp.

An alternative may be to back your Dart into the trailer. You have more car behind the rear tires than you do in front of the front tires. Don't know how that might effect your 5th wheel balance and hitch weight.

That may be an option. It would also help to take some tung weight of the truck. When I get home it is dark out so I am waiting for this weekend to see what it takes to get her in there.

Nice Rig! I've got a 40 footer as well. If you are ever heading out to Ocotillo Wells, let me know.

One thing - with a rig that size, the glorious state of California requires you to have to have a Class A non-commercial drivers license. this requires both a written (standard Class C and Class A) test and a driving skills test. The CHP will look for a BS reason to pull you over (tinted windows etc...), then check for the license requirements. I know a couple of friends who have been sited, but I have heard stories about the CHP literally making people drop their rigs on the side of the road - especially the routes leading in and out of Glamis. Not common knowledge, but true - check with the DMV. PM me if you have any questions, and happy "camping"!!!

I drive buy Ocotillo on my way out to Glamis. Been there a few times and have had a lot of fun. Was just staying with my dad in his trailer so now that I have my own I may try and make it down there some time. Be cool to hook up with you so time. My dad has a Peterbuilt we use to haule hay up from the vally with so I think I am just going to get my CDL and be done with it.

Should be ok. The guy said he was hauling a land cruser with it and there some thing like 4000lb. The Dart is only 3250.

For right now all I got is a 99 F-250 V-10. I am only going to be hauling two quads for a while so I think it should be fine. I have another chassis with a 7.1L diesel I am going to put the bed and cab off of my truck on. So I should be good to go then.

Is that when Mopars at the strip is? I am going to try and make it out for that. Do they let you camp out over night there?

April 8-10, 2011. Yeah, they do allow dry camping only since there aren't any hookups.
See you there! Inland Mopars Car Club will be directing parking in the show car field. My wife and I will be parking the A-bodies. Make sure you say 'Hi'.

WOWWAWOOW, That is going to make some great trips so much nicer :cheers::happy10:
Congrat's Bunt!! :happy10:, I see room for a picnic table and a card table =P~ Keep it all hooked up at home for a dog house or when you need to get out of everyone's way :toothy10:.

If I had that here it would stay rented out on the Strongends here on the hill :toothy10: Very Nizze=P~=P~

Enjoy :cheers: What is this thing on the wall ?

Attachments

• post-40164-1289370319_thumb.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 170
Thanks for the kind words guys. I have been saving for 8 years to get some thing like this.

Mike that is a couch/bed. If you look at the pic below you can see it made up in to a coch. There is also a table you can put down and eat there. Or you can flold t down again in to a bed a sleep on it. Then when you go to load up the car it can fold up against the wall like in that pic you showed.

Attachments

• post-40164-1289370210_thumb.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 170
April 8-10, 2011. Yeah, they do allow dry camping only since there aren't any hookups.
See you there! Inland Mopars Car Club will be directing parking in the show car field. My wife and I will be parking the A-bodies. Make sure you say 'Hi'.

I will mark that day down and try to be there. Dry camping is fine buy me. If I make it down I will come buy and talk to you for sure.

Should be ok. The guy said he was hauling a land cruser with it and there some thing like 4000lb. The Dart is only 3250.

For right now all I got is a 99 F-250 V-10. I am only going to be hauling two quads for a while so I think it should be fine. I have another chassis with a 7.1L diesel I am going to put the bed and cab off of my truck on. So I should be good to go then.

Right on! Your a hot rodder at heart!

Right on! Your a hot rodder at heart!

Ya I am useing parts from 3 different trucks to make one good one. Will see how it goes. Have the chassis all set up. next is to do the bed and cab swap. Not looking forwered to the wiering. Been sitting for a long time. Need to get motivated and find the time to do it. Have to many projects going on.

Ya I am useing parts from 3 different trucks to make one good one. Will see how it goes. Have the chassis all set up. next is to do the bed and cab swap. Not looking forwered to the wiering. Been sitting for a long time. Need to get motivated and find the time to do it. Have to many projects going on.

haha I hear ya!

-
Back