Got my carbs done.

-

moparlee

64 Valiant
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures. I need to take some of the carbs and the Promax fuel line on the car, but.....this what I have for now.

Pic 1.jpg

Pic 2.jpg

Pic 3.jpg

Pic 4.jpg

Pic 5.jpg

Pic 6.jpg

Pic 7.jpg

Pic 5.jpg

Pic 6.jpg

Pic 9.jpg

That looks fantastic. I would switch to a 6-pack set-up in a heart beat if there would be a nitrous plate kit for one. Looks great Lee!

He's right. That looks fantastic! Whats up with the pro max equipment on the carbs.
Care to do a explanation on them and what there all about?

How's the hood clearance with that 6 pack? Did you have to cut the hood? Your hood & scoop are the same as mine, & I REALLY WANT a 6 PACK! :blob:

:burnout:

rumblefish360 said:
He's right. That looks fantastic! Whats up with the pro max equipment on the carbs.
Care to do a explanation on them and what there all about?

Thanks for the compliments.

Ok, in the first pictures of the Promax stuff is to be able to have jets plates in the outboard carbs for ease of jetting. That little plate is the orginal jet plate with factory staggard jetting which are just drilled holes that came out to be 70's on the passanger side and 75's on the driverside. Now I'm squared in with 80's in the outboards. Also in the first set of pics, I'm showing the factory base plate and the Promax baseplate on the carb. The cool thing about the factory six packs is that they have a six corner idling capability, but you aren't able to get to the back carb cause of the center carb is in the way. If you look hard enough you can see the screws going in at an angle so that you can adjust them with the carbs on the motor.

I wish that I would got some pictures of the center metering plate on the carb. I also jetted up from 62's to 64's and made it where you can't blow power valves anymore. I also got there 1/2 adapters plates under the carbs also and there fuel line.

Lee

[QUOTE='64 Cuda]How's the hood clearance with that 6 pack? Did you have to cut the hood? Your hood & scoop are the same as mine, & I REALLY WANT a 6 PACK! :blob:

:burnout:[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did cause I've got shims under the motor mounts for headers and I've just put those 1/2 adapters under the carbs so now I'm touching agian. I've got to work on that. I know a guy, his name is Max. He has a 340 in a 65 Cuda with a six pack and everything cleared.

Lee

Lee

Do you have a write up or photomontage of the installation of your hood scoop? I am planning to installa scoop on my early A Barracuda, and am hoping to have a sixpack at some point. Any tips for getting everything alligned would be great.

Lee who makes the scoop and where can I order it from?

Man that is a very awesome car Lee! Bet it would kill a 64 nova SS with a 327 or 350.

My 64 Dart is getting a make over this year from the ground up. I have had it for 30+ years and pulled the full race 273 and am doing 416 forged stroker 340.

I think with the airgap intake I need a scoop to get some space too.

thanks again for all your input everywhere!
Dyno Dave

As they say here,Dadburn Lee,That car is coming to life!! :thumbup:

And she has elegance to now. Great job :wav:

I'm pretty sure the scoop is a stock item from the early 70s. Used on Dusters, maybe Darts, too. I've got one like it on my car. I bought mine through a Mopar parts department nearly 30 years ago. I've seen used ones on ebay, but they go for a lot of money. Somebody was making a fiberglass reproduction. I don't remember where I saw it, but it might have also been on ebay. Here's a link to a hood with a factory Mopar scoop mounted on it that's on ebay now, but I think the price is a bit ridiculous

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPA...ryZ33644QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ya, it's a stock unit. There is an aftermarket one, the one that MMM used on there red car was aftermarket if I'm not mistaken. I think Year One sell it.

Thanks again guys.

Lee

Now that I know about it I'll try. Should have most of our field work done by then. Thanks for the heads up.

Hi there Moparlee! Great looking setup!!! :salute: Just a couple of quick questions if you don't mind. How much were the parts from Promax? Did you buy them all @ once or over the course of winter? Was wondering if they have a complete package also. I've went thru their site but not sure what everything is needed. I'm not to the point yet to fire it up yet, but getting closer.
Also, have you had a chance to tune it much and see the difference between the original and now?

Thanks Lee.... now I have a GOOD reason to drop another couple of hundred on my car. :|

All kidding aside, the ProMax mods you did are what I want to do to mine. Thanks for posting the info.

I spent around $800 for stuff. I bought the 1/2 in. spacer plates, Center carb metering plate, outboards plates. An fittings, blue pump...a bunch of stuff. The six pack fuel line on the carbs as you can see in the picture. If there is something your wanting to know the price on I can look at the price sheet at home. Oh, ya the rear outboard base plate also.

Lee

-
Back