got problems 426 small block

-

robert 68 cuda

Reaction score
well i Brock a rocker stud off ,and now thinking a stud girdle will fix that but when i was in there what i thought was condensation turns out to be antifreeze everything in this engine is new,. it a magnum engine head studs arp um block was bored line honed fel pro gaskets total seal rings . just wondering if coolant could come around the head stud and put coolant in the engine haven't took the thing apart. I'm so pissed i could :vom: on the floor eddy heads if you guys have any ideas I'm open to suggestions thanks in advance.

head studs are dry as far as I know on a small mope..

Sentences! Not run on sentences. So hard to read.

sorry about the run on sentencing just up set sorry , well guess i will find out when i take her apart.

Did you put sealer on the head studs before you put them in the block? Magnum head bolt holes are not blind, they go into the water jacket. You could possibly have coolant leaking around the timing cover, intake, head gaskets, etc. Time for a little search and destroy mission.

Thanks Guitar, I did not know magnum head bolt holes went into water jacket. I think ARP has a good head bolt sealant.

thanks for all the repels guys i dint think i did put it on the head studs definitely going to check will report back with findings

well hears your up date its the head gasket leaking not very happy with felpro right know think I'm going to flat out gaskets and go from there. the part that rely makes me mad is you take every precaution IE re torque and this happens very unhappy with felpro but i guess every one is able to produce duds.

Maybe the cause or effect of the breaking rocker stud caused the blown head gasket??

well hears your up date its the head gasket leaking not very happy with felpro right know think I'm going to flat out gaskets and go from there. the part that rely makes me mad is you take every precaution IE re torque and this happens very unhappy with felpro but i guess every one is able to produce duds.
when you say..flat out gaskets and go from there..your not re-using these are you:tard:?I would definetly look into some new gaskets,before catastrophy.These stroked sb aren,t cheap.Good luck.

s\

S\

S\B have a problem blowing Head gaskets if the comp ratio is more than 10 to 1 FEL-Pro gasket 8553 PT do not work for me but I have found that if you use Fel-pro #l008 they work great but they are costly I have a comp ratio of about 11.4 to 1 and have not blown a gasket using the 1008 gaskets

Was the block deck checked for flatness, or decked to make sure it was flat? I've seen it more than once a gasket gets blamed when it wasn't a true surface.

Was the block deck checked for flatness, or decked to make sure it was flat? If you, check it. I've seen it more than once a gasket gets blamed when it wasn't a true surface.

Yup. With the right finish, and truly flat, the Fel-Pro Blue will seal with bolts up to 12:1 with no issue. No gasket will seal if the surfaces are not truly flat.

well thanks for the replies guy the head gasket flaked apart block was true and flattened brand new eddy's. arp head studs and i re torqued them to after the first heat cycle , i think its just a junk set of head gaskets. my comp is 11. to 1 first time i have ever had a problem with there stuff. i think I'm going to try a company called flat out gaskets , theys gasket are meant for blower and nitrous engine , any how now time for the clean up and hope and pray it did not screw the rods and main bearings.

I use the FelPro 1008's also, 13:1 with ARP studs and a W5 head. I've yet to have a problem and they were on there for ten years.

well guys i run the fel pro 1008 in it for 659 miles and now there toast i think they are just a set of bad ones and know I'm going to FTG 919544180 which i think is a better gasket . in my opinion.

well thanks for the replies guy the head gasket flaked apart block was true and flattened brand new eddy's. arp head studs and i re torqued them to after the first heat cycle , i think its just a junk set of head gaskets. my comp is 11. to 1 first time i have ever had a problem with there stuff. i think I'm going to try a company called flat out gaskets , theys gasket are meant for blower and nitrous engine , any how now time for the clean up and hope and pray it did not screw the rods and main bearings.
the eddy heads -
Were they checked? or did you just bolt them on?

Just looking to help out - as it would really suck if you had to do this again.

I checked them with a big square and it has about 0.005 thousands warp to it which is way acceptable. I think personally it just one bad set i have run Felpro in all my big block without any problems buy i do appreciate all the reply though.

good luck with the re-assembly and keep us posted!

I checked them with a big square and it has about 0.005 thousands warp to it which is way acceptable. I think personally it just one bad set i have run Felpro in all my big block without any problems buy i do appreciate all the reply though.

All the factory specs I see for aluminum headed engines are around .002.

-
Back