Greatest singers

-
Rock - Robert Plant, Ann Wilson. New - Frank Bell Corner - James Darren, Frank Sinatra. I love just about everything except pop and rap, and classical.

Ramcharger, Have you ever heard Allison Krauss sing with Robert Plant?? It is awesome!!

You read my mind Keith. My wife bought me the "Raising Sand" cd they made together a little while back. Its good stuff. "Walking Into Clarkesdale" (Page and Plant) was also kick ***!!

Tony Bennett, Sinatra, Ronnie James Dio, Elvis, Gary Wright, Andrea Pucelli (sp?), Pat Benetar, and John Denver are a few of my favorites.

Good thread guys.

George

king.gif

I've seen quite a few shows in my time and must say the sweetest voice I've ever heard was GG ALLiN.

Go to you tube and check him out , great stage show too....

Who's the guy that sang "Jane"................???

Come on brain....(my brain, that is)...............That guy always had incredible range and control.....just flowed like water..........

Was he with "Starship"??

Yep PT. He was with Starship. But I don't remember the name either

1. george strait
2. roy orbison
3. john fogarty
4. johnny cash
and to avoid the ridicule after posting this I will log off and go finish the engine swap in my Valiant.
5. Willie Nelson

1. george strait
2. roy orbison
3. john fogarty
4. johnny cash
and to avoid the ridicule after posting this I will log off and go finish the engine swap in my Valiant.
5. Willie Nelson

None from me ..If I had to choose one from this list as a fav it would be a tough decision but I would have to go with Roy. The range and the purity of his voice was remarkable. Sorry to see him pass away. His last album was excellent and the work with the Travelling Wilbury's was great.

Karen Carpenter. How about Johnny Mathis? A new one. Nora Jones. Any of the boys from Gold City Quartet. That's southern gospel for those of you that don't frequent that on XM.

I remember on a Elvis documentry.Elvis said Roy Orbison had the best voice of all time. Jim

Ramcharger you are right on I totally forgot Allison Krouse she has a voice like no other, I have alot of her stuff dowloaded. Her band is an awesome bluegrass band. Like you I listen to a wide variety of stuff!!

Who's the guy that sang "Jane"................???

Come on brain....(my brain, that is)...............That guy always had incredible range and control.....just flowed like water..........

Was he with "Starship"??

Alvin Bishop was with Starship Great voice.....

That`s Mickey Thomas and he did sing "Jane" with Jefferson Starship as well as songs like "Fooled around and fell in love" with Elvin Bishop. Elvin Bishop is/was the/a guitar player.

Sorry I was wrong on that one.OK Mickey Thomas a great voice .I thought Elvin did some of the singing but I was totally off on that.
Jim

Allison Krouse-her redition of "When yo Say Nothing At All" with Keith Whitly is awesome!

Noah Hunt (front man for KWS Band for a long time) has an amazing blues voice.

Robert Plant, Linda Rondstat, Freddie Mercury, Patsy Cline.....ther are many more!

-
Back