Grudge match

-

DERICKS

Reaction score
Well I'm heading back to the track on Saturday not really for any tuning but for a grudge match against a friend of mine and his 70 Chevelle. My car is tapped out anywhere from 12.00 to 12.20's at 112mph so cant pull anything out of the hat. His car is a 468 with ported iron oval port heads, hyd roller cam in the mid .500 for lift not sure on duration, pump gas, dual plane with an 850 Holley, 3 inch exhaust, 3500 stall and 3.90 gears , running ET Streets. Two years ago I didnt get to race him but driving it to the track w/o cooldown it went 12.48 at 113mph and no other passes, since then he has changed the intake and had it on a chasis dyno so now he's after me. Its kinda friendly kinda not because were both brand loyal and competetive. Well what do you guys think? Do I have a shot?

Well I'm heading back to the track on Saturday not really for any tuning but for a grudge match against a friend of mine and his 70 Chevelle. My car is tapped out anywhere from 12.00 to 12.20's at 112mph so cant pull anything out of the hat. His car is a 468 with ported iron oval port heads, hyd roller cam in the mid .500 for lift not sure on duration, pump gas, dual plane with an 850 Holley, 3 inch exhaust, 3500 stall and 3.90 gears , running ET Streets. Two years ago I didnt get to race him but driving it to the track w/o cooldown it went 12.48 at 113mph and no other passes, since then he has changed the intake and had it on a chasis dyno so now he's after me. Its kinda friendly kinda not because were both brand loyal and competetive. Well what do you guys think? Do I have a shot?

The one with the better light will win this one.Put some NOS on it and all he'll see is tail lights.8)

Well if his car ran right he should be well into the 11s,so any way you look at it its a win win for you.1.He beats you but with alot more engine-and probaly more money in it.2.He beats you and you point out to him that his build should be running alot faster any way but thats to be expected with a chevy!.3.You beat him and he has to cry like a sissy because his roller cam,ported head 468 got beat by a small block.

Well sinc my first post he has leaked out that it made 400hp at the rear tires i'm getting more confident as I go

Don't know your experience level but, make sure you drive like nobody is in the other lane. Just do your regular thing.

I got da Mopar! I got da Mopar!!!

Is the Chevelle lightened up at all. Those cars are tanks... DAMHIK!

The bad... you can make those cars hook in a sandbox.

400hp at 3600 will get about a 12.10 in the 112 range if right.

The one thing I learned about drag racing real quick in order to acquire a good shot at a win, you need the following;

Cut a great light
Reduce that 60 ft time as low as possible
BE the FIRST one to 100 mph

I have gone up against alot of superior powered cars and while being down in HP and/or cubes, the car was allways set up to take as much advantage of the starting line as much as possible.

Drag radials/slicks, suspension tweaks, lightened front ends, battery relocation, etc...

I gotta tell ya, it is sweet when the big block guys *****, scream and moooan about being taken out by a small block car. And they allways have a comment like, "I was comin up on you like a house on fire, or I almost had ya.

Ha ha ha, yea, I agree, but the bottom line is, I was there first and that is all that matters, nothing else.

My (73) Cuda was well set up for the street and I new what it liked and what I could do to it. I'd redline at the finish line and call it quit's.

If you see green your to late . I love spanking those big block guy's. just remember ( only little boys where bow ties )

Is the Chevelle lightened up at all. Those cars are tanks... DAMHIK!

The bad... you can make those cars hook in a sandbox.

400hp at 3600 will get about a 12.10 in the 112 range if right.

No its a full weight car and I think he said he was gonna disconnect the sway bar so he's lookin for some traction

Yeah if ya crunch the numbers on mine by the speed and ET and weight I make about 350 at the wheels. The car is loaded and ready to go so I'm going into a deep trance now so I can cut the ultimate light! LOL

Kick ***!!!! We all pulling for you.

.592 Reac 1.12
1.78 60ft 1.96
7.38 594f 7.57
7.86 1/8 8.05
92.8 1/8 95.0
12.21 12.32
111.16 113.43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL3LkBmPp58

.608 .978
1.71 1.95
7.28 7.50
7.77 7.97
92.25 95.76
12.14 12.22
110.77 114.70

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEyHUPUR1vk

.410 whoops .848
1.76 1.96
7.31 7.62
7.80 8.09
93.32 95.09
12.12 13.74
111.79 68.99

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVHEtutQUXE

This last pass was 1/8 mile only fr him since he has no d-shaft loop. Out side of racing eachother I ran a best of 12.01 at 112mph. He made one last pass to get thrown out and ran 12.17 at 114mph disconnecting his sway bar and knoking a tenth off of his 60 foot, I dont know the reaction time.

(Sung to the tune from the 50's, "The Monstermash")

He did the mash! He did the chevy mash
THE CHEVY MASH!
It was a graveyard smash.
THE CHEVY MASH!
It was a all out bash.
THE CHEVY MASH!
He got off in a flash.
THE CHEVY BASH!

Good work kid! YA baby!

OH, by the way, what were your final tricks/mods/upgrades to the Duster?

The duster reacts like the old song too, when they refered to the Super Start Dart! But in that song the Dart lost. Yeah, Right. That's just a song.
Nice car and you cut the lights like they are suppose to be done. Your not on vacation at the track.
Thanks for sharing.

Excellent, you consistantly smoked his *** on the 60ft times by 2 tenths and that land yacht chevelle couldn't make it back. Hell he's probably got 700# on ya. You've done us proud.

Terry:-D:-D:-D

I've never seen my car going down the strip so a buddy of mine took it down twice. This is the first pass agaisnt a good running turbo Laser, later in the day the Laser ran in the mid 12's or better and 111-112 MPH. Dale made a 12.47 pass then a 12.29 pass in my car first time out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_d6j3_QG-I

Good going:cheers:,,that chevy has all that under the hood and ONLY runs those numbers:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:,once AGAIN a Mopar with a SMALLBLOCK,kicks a brand-x with a BIGBLOCK arse,i love it!!!

Good going, I am glad to you beat him. I race at Lapeer, maybe we will see each other some time soon.

-
Back