Grundys Insurance, anyone use it?

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was checking out different insurance places for the Coronet and our other cars. Right now we have Progressive, and have no complaints they are pretty good.

It is $114 a month for full coverage on a 99 Explorer, a 79 Monte Carlo and the Coronet.

I did a online quote with Grundy's and it was $198 a yr, for the three cars. I couldnt see that possibly being right, so i called them.

Told the guy i was talking to the price quote, and he said yes, this is probably right. I must have been the tone of my voice, but i asked "how can that possibly be?" And he cracked up.

Any one else use them? What do you think?

I've had them for the Duster. Got it in 2002 when I bought it.
I'm valueing the car for $15,000. I only pay $240.00 a year.
Haven't had any claims yet. I think it's a good price.

I have Grundy Insurance on two of my cars. They insure for pleasure driving
only. You can drive all you want but not as an everyday vehicle like for driving
to work, school,etc.

hmm i wonder why they asked on the quote if they are a daily driver.

RP23G7,

I looked into collector car insurance for my 67 Barracuda. I checked out Hagerty Insurance, and if memory serves, there are some restrictions that must be adhered to:
- The car must be garage kept.
- The car cannot be a daily driver. You must have a daily driver for everyone in your household.
- The vehicle must be limited use - limited pleasure driving, car shows and club events (sometimes governed by the State issuing an Antique/Classic plate)

Since I am driving my car on a regular basis, the insurance was not for me, but others I have spoken to were very pleased with the coverage.

Good luck,

BlindSquirrel

I have Grundy on the duster very happy with service,i recently had the windshield replaced they handled all the paperwork and payments at NO cost to me...

I'm very happy with my insurance thru Grundy. If you go to their website
and look under coverage it states "Collector vehicles must be used for show,
hobby, and pleasure purposes only. They should be owned in addition to your
vehicles used for daily transportation for all operators of your household."
Since I only drive my cars occasionally on the weekend it works great for me.
I would definitely reccomend them since regular insurance companies get
nervous when you start talking agreed value (mine did). They just look at
them as old cars. I've had to call Grundy a couple of times to add a car
and ask a question and they have outstanding customer service.

I'm very happy with my insurance thru Grundy. If you go to their website
and look under coverage it states "Collector vehicles must be used for show,
hobby, and pleasure purposes only. They should be owned in addition to your
vehicles used for daily transportation for all operators of your household."
Since I only drive my cars occasionally on the weekend it works great for me.
I would definitely reccomend them since regular insurance companies get
nervous when you start talking agreed value (mine did). They just look at
them as old cars. I've had to call Grundy a couple of times to add a car
and ask a question and they have outstanding customer service.

Yeah, i read that part too, but then in the FAQs, it states that you dont have a mile limitation, )

How many miles can I drive my car each year?
Unlimited - The Grundy Family owns cars dating back to 1909, and recognizes that an attempt to monitor or audit mileage would be nearly impossible. In addition, the Grundy's personally drive thousands of miles a year in organized touring events and simply enjoying and maintaining their cars. You can too!

Dont know if there is some fine print there somewhere that says for pleasure or hobby only, but then you can define that your own ways too.

I am driving it and enjoying it, when i drive it to and from work.

I'm very pleased with Grundy. The best part to me is the "agreed" value. This lets you at least set the value of your car at something close to it's true value and not just a "book" value which we all know would be ridiculous.

The question is at claim time do you have to fight with them?I have State Farm and have $18K on the GTS and $28K on the 71 Road Runner I just wonder how much I would have to fight with them if I had a big loss claim.I have thought about switching to Grundy but would it be better than State Farm???

yes, since state farm doesnt sell agreed upon value insurance.

I have not dealt with State Farm peraonally, but I have yet to hear one good comment about the way they handle claims. Everyone I have spoken with who has ever had a claim with State Farm has had nightmares getting claims straightened out and settling for far less than what the car is worth or the cost of repair. I would only insure with a collector car specific insurer and only under an agreed value policy.

-
Back