Guess that bolt ....new game

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Try and guess what part the bolt is for based on the caption given which is a clue along with the specs. of each bolt.

Caption: I live with five of my buddies for a total of six of us. we have large shoulders as seen in the pic which makes us fairly unique.

the is a lot of PRESSURE on our shoulders ....but together we do an important job keeping it together and share the pressure equally amongst us

Attachments

• CIMG3013.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 406
  • CIMG3014.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 412
Caption: me and three of my buddies for a total of four of us live under the car ......we carry a great weight on our shoulders to make sure things stay UP where they are supposed to be

Attachments

• CIMG3015.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 370
  • CIMG3016.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 418
so boltkeeper, you know they'retechnically screws, right? Just like a motor is electric and so on

cross member 70 up

interesting .....yes I was looking for transmission cross member .....but I was sure these came off a 69 dart .....

do you know what the difference is supposed to be from 69 back and 70 up ...I would like know the difference to get them right ....these could have been put in my 69 dart any time in the last 40 years.

Caption: me and five of my buddies for a total of six of us go round and round.

we prefer to work with automatic transmissions

Attachments

• CIMG3017.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 374
  • CIMG3018.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 382
Dang Rani, chase those threads with a die and get that crud off of them....

To make it a bit more challenging - try starting with just the bolt pic and add the clues if nobody gets it....

interesting .....yes I was looking for transmission cross member .....but I was sure these came off a 69 dart .....

do you know what the difference is supposed to be from 69 back and 70 up ...I would like know the difference to get them right ....these could have been put in my 69 dart any time in the last 40 years.

There are 2 different sizes....5/16" and 3/8"!! I believe that the smaller 5/16" are 68 and earlier!! Geof

To make it a bit more challenging - try starting with just the bolt pick and add the clues if nobody gets it....

10/4 you got it

There are 2 different sizes....5/16" and 3/8"!! I believe that the smaller 5/16" are 68 and earlier!! Geof

you learn something new everyday ...I didn't know that ...now you gave me something to look for in the yard

They were still using the one pictured on 75 Duster. I'm sure changes were phased in, probably starting with easiest/ least obvious first. So something like this may have been officially for a 70, but they could have made the switch sometime in 69.

Bolt size for 69 back wre usually 1/2 13 don't know the cut of but I have them. They are from 67 -69 Here are some pics of the difference

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 334
  • Picture 016.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 361
If they are from an engine you can pretty much bet they will be from a big block......lol

Found 2 more of these while cleaning up some parts today.... Slant 6 power steering bracket. One's exact, other has a fixed nut.

Caption: me and three of my buddies for a total of four of us live under the car ......we carry a great weight on our shoulders to make sure things stay UP where they are supposed to be

Caption: me and five of my buddies for a total of six of us go round and round.

we prefer to work with automatic transmissions

Anyone know why those flex plate bolts are designed that way?

-
Back