GUESS THE ET.

-
Could you also share rear gear, tire diameter and rpm limit please? Thanks!
Yes sir. 4.88 gear. Rear tires are 14.5 X 32 Phoenix radial slicks. We shift 1-2 at 6500 and 2-3 at 6800. And as far as rev limit we've turned it over 7k before. I don't think that it makes any more power above 6800. It's a long stroke 4.125" and a conventional style head.

Yes sir. 4.88 gear. Rear tires are 14.5 X 32 Phoenix radial slicks. We shift 1-2 at 6500 and 2-3 at 6800. And as far as rev limit we've turned it over 7k before. I don't think that it makes any more power above 6800. It's a long stroke 4.125" and a conventional style head.
I'll guess 9.7 @ 136...but I don't know how high you're willing to rev the motor. Have fun!!!

I'll guess 9.7 @ 136...but I don't know how high you're willing to rev the motor. Have fun!!!

What the heck are you guys talking about. Lol

IMG_1169.jpeg

We ran it in the quarter last year and I am pretty sure it went 9.38 @ 141

And honestly it should be quicker than that in the 1/4 with your 1/8 mile times. My Indy headed 422 was dead in the water at 1000 foot with a solid lifter cam, 850 cab, 5 year old springs, and 4:88 gears and it ran

422 Indy headed small block
[email protected] mph
[email protected]

I was thinking higher converter slip and/or less rpm would limit your speed more...but my vote is cast. Let us know how you do!

That thing is going to rip azz if there’s half decent weather which has been hard to find this year. Humidity kills alcohol so he may be fine for a 9.20 something pass. We shall see.

That thing is going to rip azz if there’s half decent weather which has been hard to find this year. Humidity kills alcohol so he may be fine for a 9.20 something pass. We shall see.

Heat advisory in effect down there currently. Gonna be in the 90’s from now through the weekend.
3500 foot of air currently at 2, sure it will get worse later in the afternoon.
Won’t be anything approaching decent conditions.
I don’t know with his current setup and racing deep in the South if he has had the car in decent air.
It stands to reason his car would be quicker to the 1/8, he has a 3 speed and smaller head, which would contribute to better early track numbers than a bigger head and a glide

That thing is going to rip azz if there’s half decent weather which has been hard to find this year. Humidity kills alcohol so he may be fine for a 9.20
To be honest with you if it goes anything in the 9.20 's at 144 or 145 I will be very very happy. If it goes in the 30s at 144 or 143 I will be happy. Those et's and speeds with this engine at 2870 pounds with a flat nose like a brick is pretty good.

To be honest with you if it goes anything in the 9.20 's at 144 or 145 I will be very very happy. If it goes in the 30s at 144 or 143 I will be happy. Those et's and speeds with this engine at 2870 pounds with a flat nose like a brick is pretty good.

Your savior at that track is your barometer readings that we Dont see till Fall probably due to the 564 track elevation. Your humidity is also great for 90 plus degree temps. Hopefully everything comes together towards evening. My closest track elevation wise is Norwalk but or humidity kills us in the summer. Good luck.

IMG_4255.jpeg

Barometer right now at Keystone, Norwalk and Steele is pretty much identical.
Barometer is related to calm weather/ a high pressure ridge

Air is very unstable on the gulf coast in summer, thunderstorms all the time and rain

If all goes well we're going to Steele, Al to test and tune in the 1/4 mile tomorrow afternoon and early evening. The AMX has went a best of 1.240 at sixty', 5.842 at 660' @ 116.4 mph. The car will weigh 2870 with the driver tomorrow night. The person that guesses the closest to the actual ET I'll PayPal them $10.00 If the ET guesses tie the mph will be the tie breaker. We will be using alcohol for the fuel. Let the fun begin

Patiently waiting. Some of us need our beauty sleep.

33IMP won the contest but it's with an astric. The AMX had developed a pop or misfire. It does it a couple of times in first and second and then several times from about 1100' on. And it's also popping on deceleration after the finish line. It's not mph'ing like it should. It went two 9.32's @138. This combo has never had a misfire or pop on acceleration or deceleration since I put it together. I think the valve springs are getting weak or it has a broken one. I'll get it checked out soon. I believe that it'll run 9.25 at about 143 or 44 when I get it straightened out. So 33IMP send me your PayPal account and I'll send you the $10 . We'll do this again when I get it fixed and when I get the Dakota going. Thanks to everyone who participated!

I wanted to ask you about this test day but figured you had your hands full. Your flat nose like a brick comment. Do you think your car is less arro than a Dart, Duster, Scamp, Demon.

I wanted to ask you about this test day but figured you had your hands full. Your flat nose like a brick comment. Do you think your car is less arro than a Dart, Duster, Scamp, Demon.
No their all like a brick.... lol

Yes, it's a really short wheel base about the same or a little less than a Vega. And those cars didn't come with a rear seat. Their like 3000 lbs from the factory. Mine is 2630 less driver.

-
Back