Guess who has remote power door locks now?

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
30 bucks so I figured what the heck.
The kit comes with four servo's (for four door cars) so I have a couple of extras just in case.
Got it done yesterday and it works great.
If you pull the drivers lock up by hand it also unlocks the passenger door, and locks the passenger door if pushed down.
Then there's the remote key fob for locking or unlocking from up to about 100 feet away.
I got the basic version that doesn't flash the parking lights or horn.

Mounting the servo's in a place where the glass doesn't hit it and the control rod being in a suitable position was the hardest part.

NOOO, actually the hardest part was when it was all done and my dash lights and parking lights would come on when I push the brakes. :D

Come to find the drill tip for the wiring through the door hinge area hit my rear light wire harness on the back side and cross connected a couple of wires.

(The brake lights and tail light wires to be exact.) :D
All fixed now though, so the wife doesn't have to stand out in the rain while I get the drivers door unlocked, get in, turn the stereo on and find a good station and then unlock her door from the inside. (JK) :D

30 bucks so I figured what the heck.
The kit comes with four servo's (for four door cars) so I have a couple of extras just in case.
Got it done yesterday and it works great.
If you pull the drivers lock up by hand it also unlocks the passenger door, and locks the passenger door if pushed down.
Then there's the remote key fob for locking or unlocking from about 100 feet away.
I got the basic version that doesn't flash the parking lights or horn.

Mounting the servo's in a place where the glass doesn't hit it and the control rod being in a suitable position was the hardest part.

NOOO, actually the hardest part was when it was all done and my dash lights and parking lights would come on when I push the brakes. :D

Drill tip for the wiring through the door hinge area hit my rear light wire harness and cross connected a couple of wires.
(The brake lights and tail light wires to be exact.) :D
All fixed now though, so the wife doesn't have to stand out in the rain while I get the drivers door unlocked, get in, turn the stereo on and find a good station and then unlock her door from the inside. (JK) :D

Something I want for SURE!!!
What kit....where?

Jeff

does it come with a trunk popper too?

how long did it take to install ?

and where did you get it?

want to do mine next?

I got this one off of ebay from speed daddy at:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170865866364

It took me about 6 hrs to install it but about the first hour of it was used holding it in place (after I found a place) and considering mounting of the servo and wire routing with waterproof tubes from the door to the body for the wires to run through.

No trunk popper unless you wanted to pop the trunk every time you wanted to unlook the doors. (they are a 4 servo kit) :D
And no thank you on installing another one, but I'd bet I could do it again in half the time.

I like it a lot 8)

Unfortunately, if it took YOU 6 hours to install, I probably would have a very difficult time getting it done at all LOL :)

It took me just as long to install mine, but i had to sit and think about how to route it into the side of the rear door before I figured out just below the lower hinge was perfect. Also my setup came with an extra lead meant to be used to pop the trunk or anything else for that matter. It activates if you push and hold the unlock button.

I have an issue with range on mine now that it is about 2 years since I installed it. You have to be right up on the car to open it. I mostly got it because I wanted people to hear it lock and the lights flash when I walked away from it in a parking lot. That way they didn't assume it was unlocked and ready for shopping.

Now you need power windows.

View attachment 1714841794

:D

Have you seen the power window kits for older vehicles that uses your OEM window regulator?
This is a Walmart kit, and there are a bunch of others out there that are easy to find by doing a search for "Power window conversion"
The drive unit goes inside the door, and the boom goes between the door and the door panel and slips over the existing handle stud.
This way you can have a handle just like the car was made but it will be power operated, or you can take the handle off and put a cap where the handle was.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/35524551?...39525752&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78653215112&veh=sem

Have you seen the power window kits for older vehicles that uses your OEM window regulator?
This is a Walmart kit, and there are a bunch of others out there that are easy to find by doing a search for "Power window conversion"
The drive unit goes inside the door, and the boom goes between the door and the door panel and slips over the existing handle stud.
This way you can have a handle just like the car was made but it will be power operated, or you can take the handle off and put a cap where the handle was.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/35524551?...39525752&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78653215112&veh=sem

That's a real cost effective kit.

Bitchin' Rides did a custom job with the handle as the actuator, push down window went down, push up it went up.

I thought that was pretty cool.

Lol, that's what I was thinking, I wouldn't have the patience for it.

I could help 6pak get it done, but you would be kinda on your own.
We could write encouraging PM's for you though.:D

I could help 6pak get it done, but you would be kinda on your own.
We could write encouraging PM's for you though.:D

I'll be happy to write the encouraging PM's & a "How To" thread with lots of pics...

When should I come over LOL :)

I just noticed this is 4 years old when the Ebay link no longer worked. Haha
How has it held up? Do they still work?

Ya, me too. I was "liking" and thanking posts. :BangHead: I have a factory electric trunk latch but i would need to hook it up with a relay and transmitter. It would be real handy at the car show or cruise.

Ya, me too. I was "liking" and thanking posts. :BangHead: I have a factory electric trunk latch but i would need to hook it up with a relay and transmitter. It would be real handy at the car show or cruise.

They still work great which surprised me for what they cost.
That link is dead but the kits are still out there.
Just search Ebay for door lock kits.

Why not install a momentary switch with one side to a hot and the other to your trunk switch?

-
Back