Guy F***** me over

-

Ptdartfreak

Mopar freak
Reaction score
The guy i bought my car from really screwed me over.
My nine inch was supposed to be a posi. its not
My transmission was supposed to be rebuilt. its not
MY engine was supposed to have lightend rods. doesnt have them
My engine was suposed to be ready to run just needed a carb. Cylinder full of water and needs to be sleeved and possibly cracked block.

I was able to sell my tranny and i get abody 4 spd tomorrow.
Ended up buying a whole new rear and leaf springs.

Now i need a new motor.

and am out money for buying a new rear.

Anyone have a 440 or 400 block thats close to fresno Ca?

Chad

Hate to hear that but you've got to ask yourself "Did I just F... myself?" on this one. It happens to the best of us sometime or another no matter what you are buying. Sounds like the guy saw you coming.

That's why they say don't believe that crap unless they have some kind of proof, sales receipts or they are willing to let you check and inspect for your self, you have heard it run drove it. If it usually needs something to make it run be wary.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I have a complete 440 but it's in Iowa, not going to help you much. One thing I would say not just to you but to anybody else buying a motor ready to run is tell the seller lets fire it up. I have seen more then one friend screwed over on used motors. As a general rule if I can't hear it run I wont offer much more then core price for the engine plus whatever aftermarket parts are on it. Same with rear ends have to verify everything anymore. I bough a rear to narrow was supposed to have 3.23 SG had 2.76 open tag was missing and brake drums were rusted to shoes so couldn't turn it. I didn't pay alot so it wasn't a big deal. Alot of parts and cars change hands these days and often the seller is just repeating what he was told and doesn't care if it's true or not as he is re-selling anyway.

well that's not good
what promp'ed the buy
got photos to post and a price paid... I would like to see this de...al

sorry to hear of your problem. Next time bring a friend also to inspect. Two people looking is better than one.

i wasnt able to pull the car apart while i was there to find some of this off

didnt have a jack to test for a posi

i had a friend there

just eye-balling the car...$2500 seems OK. It took a look of an old project which is good, but having issues /lies...I would b pissed.
FYI I bought a stock 1968 Dodge Dart roller. pro mini tubed Calif car NO RUST a few dents for $3K and paid $1300 to ship to Maryland 17 months ago. It is our 440/4 speed project. I am happy as we live in an area where rust is the rule.
good luck w/project and forget about those lies..it does happen.

I'm sorry to hear about these downfalls man...But it happens to the best of us..You aren't the first person to get screwed over on a car, and you're certainly not gonna be the last. Keep your head up buddy, and continue to work on that car and square everything away...The 68 barracuda I'm working on is a hack job central, the previous owner was a jerry rigger for sure. It has been taking me MONTHS to fix all the stuff he hacked...So that definitely caused me to spend more more, and delay my project...

When I am buying a used item with history that can't be proven I have the attitude of once the money leaves my hand I now own it. It's just part of the game. The way I see it is, if someone pulls one over on me then shame on me. I bought a truck yesterday in the pouring rain and the owner claimed that it had a running 340 in it. I couldn't id the block because of the baked on grease and I didn't have a wire brush. I took his word for it after we fired it up and pulled it home. Come to find out it has a 318. Oh well, I am kind of dissapointed, but stuff happens. It is my fault for not bringing a rain coat and a wire brush. I could have bartered the price a little lower if I had been prepared. Just my $.02

I feel for you, I got F****D over by a member on this site for over $2200.00 on a set of heads and pistons..........I had to buy NEW and THROW THE CHITTTT in the trash! And another member who sold me a POS pair of Inboard Spring boxes for $51.00......believe that guy needs $51.00 soooooooooo bad that he would screw someone over?? I threw those in the trash also!!!!!!!!! I really wish he just said I need $51.00, I would have just gave it to him!

Be thankful that at least you still have something to work with and it seems like you got a good deal........Yes it seems you were lied to but you are on your way to a GREAT end result once you are done with it! I just bought a 67 Dart GT with a blown up 6cyl and 7 1/4 rear for 2k FWIW!

When I am buying a used item with history that can't be proven I have the attitude of once the money leaves my hand I now own it. It's just part of the game. The way I see it is, if someone pulls one over on me then shame on me. I bought a truck yesterday in the pouring rain and the owner claimed that it had a running 340 in it. I couldn't id the block because of the baked on grease and I didn't have a wire brush. I took his word for it after we fired it up and pulled it home. Come to find out it has a 318. Oh well, I am kind of dissapointed, but stuff happens. It is my fault for not bringing a rain coat and a wire brush. I could have bartered the price a little lower if I had been prepared. Just my $.02
x2....not trying to piss in your cheerios, but you bought the car. does not sound like you were forced into it. as a purchaser it is your obligation to verify that what you are being told is correct. when i bought my Fairlane I never seen the car in person until I picked it up. I was just going by pictures. The seller did an outstanding job making the roofing paper/tar look like floorboards. When I discovered it after getting the car home and owning it for a few months I just shrugged my shoulders. the world is full of crooked people..in a perfect world everybody would be honest and this kind of crap would not happen...

Sucks that the guy lied.... If I know I am in for a project car its always nice to buy a roller. That way you know what the most important parts are. I bought my 67 dart gt as a roller missing a ton of trim for 2200... rust free but also lots of dents and dings... had the smaller rear, no trans or motor.... so in the end if you can salvage anything you didn't get boned that bad.

Hate to hear that but you've got to ask yourself "Did I just F... myself?" on this one. It happens to the best of us sometime or another no matter what you are buying. Sounds like the guy saw you coming.

Right. Sometimes ... excitement, passion and possibly impatience make for a "not so sweet" deal for a young buyer. You can attempt legal recourse and no matter the outcome, I am sure this will be a good lesson for when it comes time to buy your next vehicle. Good luck.

-
Back