Hard to Find Decent Accommodations near Sacrament Airport

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I fly to Sacramento tomorrow night, arriving near midnight. Then still need to clear customs (arriving from Mexico) and rent a car. Trying to find the real phone number for a nearby hotel/motel but only can find corporate 800 reservation numbers. Very frustrating. Don't want to find the hotel don't except late check ins is my main concern. The cheapest rooms I find have 1:00 AM check in listed on sites. Anyone local that can head me in the right direction? Thank you.

You pick the wrong time to fly with that computer glitch last week the airlines still haven't caught up and I would imagine a lot of hotels are booked up. good luck on finding one.

I fly to Sacramento tomorrow night, arriving near midnight. Then still need to clear customs (arriving from Mexico) and rent a car. Trying to find the real phone number for a nearby hotel/motel but only can find corporate 800 reservation numbers. Very frustrating. Don't want to find the hotel don't except late check ins is my main concern. The cheapest rooms I find have 1:00 AM check in listed on sites. Anyone local that can head me in the right direction? Thank you.
Which direction are you traveling?

OK thank you everyone. Online search finally revealed a Best Western in Roseville that had a local number listed. The website listed midnight as latest check-in. However, I called the local number and asked for an exception and was told I could check in later. I hope it works out as planned (lol).

Update: Evidently all the on-site car rental desks close at Sacramento International Airport close between 12:00 AM and 6:00 AM so I cancelled both reservations I had made at the airport for a vehicle. I made a Hertz rental reservation for the following morning in an office a mile from my motel in Roseville.

My smart phone does not have the newest updates so I can't load the Uber app. I will have to ride normal taxi from the airport to Roseville after I clear customs and pick up my baggage (probably around 1:00 AM). That will cost $4.00 plus $3.00 mile or about $70.00 minus senior discount of 20% or about $56.00. I'll probably give the taxi driver more or less my 20% as a tip, if all goes well. The Hertz rental in Roseville is a lot less than it would be at the Airport, so it all works out in the end. But it really takes a lot of research for someone who has not travelled in awhile (before the pandemic).

Oh, I arranged to drop off the Hertz rental off at the airport instead of the pickup office in Roseville. I made the rental reservation via Expedia, which offered what I believe is full coverage insurance for an extra $10.00 a day, which I thought was reasonable (but I didn't feel like reading all the fine print). I made the Roseville motel reservation with the actual front desk clerk, which I found later was about $10.00 cheaper by way of the internet (but I feel it's worth it since I told him I would be arriving after midnight). The motel in Roseville cost about half what the airport vicinity motels are asking.

Sounds like you figured it out but Roseville is not close to the Airport. Did you check Woodland? It’s less than 15 minutes and there are car rental places in town.

I did check Woodland, the prices are outrageous and some of the reviews were scary.
I don’t know your experience level with the Sacramento area but there are fentanyl zombies and crazy homeless people everywhere. I saw a dude smoking crack/meth/****** Right in front of the Chuck E Cheese on my son’s birthday. Thats in Roseville.

I lived in North Sacto and Del Paso Heights in the 1970's, low income area back then but not drug/crime ridden yet.

I lived in North Sacto and Del Paso Heights in the 1970's, low income area back then but not drug/crime ridden yet.
It’s sad because it’s in the nice areas too. Roseville is nice. Woodland is nice…during the day. It’s not scary or you have to be worried about getting mugged, it’s just gross really. Drugged out losers everywhere.

How much are you seeing $$$ in Woodland? I’m seeing $95-$130 a night when I google it. That’s not expensive for this area.

Those prices advertised don't include a bunch of fees and taxes.
Because you are from Mexico? This is what I get for a total.

IMG_7958.png

Holiday Inn Express in Woodinville of I-5 just north of the airport. I stayed there last year, nice place.

-
Back