have you ever seen a $100,000 Duece

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I had one park next to me at the car show today in Versailles, Indiana. It was a nice ride. Had a 425 ci. engine in it. 4 speed car. since my son is a body man he got to talking to him about the paint on it. The guy didn't know what kind of paint was on it as he had someone do it but my son told me that the paint cost him probably $10,000. I just about ****. He did pull a trophy for best paint. Shame some of that didn't rub off on to mine. Here are some more pics of the show today.

Attachments

• DSC04712 (Copy).jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 555
  • DSC04705.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 554
  • DSC04717 (Copy).jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 554
  • DSC04716 (Copy).jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 568
  • DSC04715 (Copy).jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 567
  • DSC04686 (Copy).jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 550
now some Mopars.

Attachments

• DSC04701 (Copy).jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 542
  • DSC04700 (Copy).jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 562
  • DSC04696 (Copy).jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 542
  • DSC04695 (Copy).jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 540
  • DSC04693 (Copy).jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 550
  • DSC04691 (Copy).jpg
    130 KB · Views: 543
  • DSC04694 (Copy).jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 557
  • DSC04692 (Copy).jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 539
  • DSC04690 (Copy).jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 563
  • DSC04687 (Copy).jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 542
a few more Mopars.

Attachments

• DSC04714 (Copy).jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 535
  • DSC04713 (Copy).jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 534
  • DSC04711 (Copy).jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 561
  • DSC04710 (Copy).jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 552
  • DSC04707 (Copy).jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 539
and then the Mopar that won " Best Mopar" today. My son felt like he had to stand next to me while my wife took the pic because he was afraid I would drop it. The look says it all. This trophy is 42" tall. It will not go on my shelf.

Attachments

• DSC04718 (Copy).jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 549
  • DSC04719 (Copy).jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 533
  • DSC04722 (Copy).jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 537
uh............... the blue car in the first pic is a 1966 Chevy 2. that is what is called a deuce. The guy who owns it said he has over $100,000 in it. I don't know but that is what he said. I don't see it but maybe I am missing something.

uh............... the blue car in the first pic is a 1966 Chevy 2. that is what is called a deuce. The guy who owns it said he has over $100,000 in it. I don't know but that is what he said. I don't see it but maybe I am missing something.

Most of the cost is Labor. That and a fool and his money soon part.

Man congrats on the trophy! It was well deserved.

I don't see any possible way anyone could spend that much money on a Chevy II . That would be the same thing as a $100,000 Dart . You simply couldn't spend that much on one without platinum plating every possible part on the car . He MAY have half that in it , but even thats a butt-load of cash for any run-of-the-mill Chevy II .

thanks, that is what I thought. he said he done all the work except the paint job. The place that painted it is in Cincinnati,Ohio. I know the place. he told us that he had a contract with the shop that it being a special paint color that once that car was painted that color, they could not paint any other car that same color. I think he was trying to blow smoke up our ***. I don't see any way that especially a Chevy could have that much in it with parts so readily available and him doing the work his self. But I wasn't going to call him a liar.

Well deserved trophy,and you certainly have a nice car. That Deuce/Chevy II/Nova is definately in a class of it's own.I have never seen it up close but from what I see he could easily have 100 000 in it.

He could have a bunch of money in the engine but its not (probably the most expensive Chevy engine) the LT5 quad cam motor, which ain't cheap to working with/on/bump the power. The LT5 is by far the coolest motor ever to come out of Chevy (and yes I know lotus designed it).

That show looked close to "home" for me. Northern KY or Cincy?
Looked like a nice one.

I like the 66/67 deuce, but 100K.....not even for a 2,000 mile original 66' 327/350 for me.

Congrats Bill, on your trophy, well deserved :thumleft:.

The green 69' Charger peaked my interest also.....

Well deserved trophy,and you certainly have a nice car. That Deuce/Chevy II/Nova is definately in a class of it's own.I have never seen it up close but from what I see he could easily have 100 000 in it.

I agree, congrats on your win.
Also, $100k is a lot of money but there's a LOT of custom modification on the Chevy. And when you are paying someone to design, fabricate, build, and finish all of those modifications, the bill adds up to a whole lot of cash.
Dallas

The pictures of the Duece don't due it justice. My club judged that show today and I'm the one that originally judged that car; all of the top cars are judged twice. He didn't have any of the 4 extra items for the additional 4 points, but of all the Chev's there today I'd say it was the best. The car was almost immaculate for what it was; a custom build.

That GTX was awesome. I visited with the owner for a minute while others judged it. He said the drivetrain was all original. It was a 440, 4-speed, Dana 60 car.

The black 69 RR Conv, red 68 Satellite Conv, green 69 Charger, and purple Challenger are all fellow club member cars. You can see my dd, black 2010 Aveger RT, next to the Challenger in a couple of your photos. I've got to get the Barracuda done soon so I can have something cool to drive to shows soon.

Congratulations on your trophy!

where I live in Southern Oregon a hundred grand is nothing. They have rods here with twice that into it. Here's a link to a friend of mine and one of our most famous builder Randy Grubb, he builds things for the heck of it, because he can..
http://www.randygrubb.com/

You will not be disappointed :)

Congratulations taking home best Mopar that's awesome!

That Nova is pretty darn nice. That would be at least a $20,000 paint job here in California.

Never heard of a Chevy II being called a Deuce - a regional thing, maybe?

Deuce = '32 Ford to me (as in 'Little Deuce Coupe').

I agree.

And if he did all the work himself and just had someone else paint it, he did not have $100K cash in it. I think he's putting in a factor for his time at some labor rate. You know, I guess that owner can say whatever makes that him happy. Doesn't mean you have to believe it.

I wouldn't say that. Calling it just "deuce" is a tad unusual. Generally, you'd hear is called a Chevy deuce (or Nova) and Ford deuce so people can tell which one you are referring to. Personally I call it a Nova which the same as the Barracuda and Cuda, same car just one was standard the other performance.

-
Back