HDK Installation and Driving Experiences

-
front wheels are weld racing knockoffs, sold by jegs, summit, and the Actual company called "ultra wheel" i think they are a zero offset 4 inch wheel. I run a 28 inch tall skinny, which i think i would probably go down in size on tire in the future. no real reason other than looks, and i only run a 26 on the rear.

The brakes were basic wilwoods "if there is such a thing" Denny should be able to tell you what all your options are there. Dyna pro? somehting like that. basically the cheapest 4 piston calipers that they had, that fit this kit. I recommend the solid wilwood rotors, not drilled and slotted....i bought drilled and slotted, and they stress cracked with very little use. actually broke on me...and got told to pound sand. (by wilwood, not Denny) Denny was great. I'd buy a 2nd one of these in a minute.
Thanks, I already have dennys HDK kit, but need to start shopping for brakes, shocks, ect. I keep hearing problems with center hub size issues with Wilwood brakes. I had been pretty stuck on 15" wheels, but if I go larger, I like the looks of your wheels and may go 12" brakes instead of the 11" I had been thinking to keep the 15" wheels. Thanks again!

Thanks, I already have dennys HDK kit, but need to start shopping for brakes, shocks, ect. I keep hearing problems with center hub size issues with Wilwood brakes. I had been pretty stuck on 15" wheels, but if I go larger, I like the looks of your wheels and may go 12" brakes instead of the 11" I had been thinking to keep the 15" wheels. Thanks again!
yeah. mine are 100% a 15 inch wheel, and i did not have hub issues. the "welds" do however have a large center bore...i wouldn't have any idea if a mag 500 would go over the hub.

Wilwood publishes their hub specs for all of their brakes on their website. Look up the part # for the brakes you want, go to the website and download the wheel clearance diagram they put on every brake kit.

Pretty much all the A-body Wilwood hubs require a wheel with a hub bore larger than 3” though, which means aftermarket wheels only.

-
Back