HDK Tubular Coil Over for Stock Steering

-
what did you do that for.????....now someone (Spare Parts maybe) is gonna tell me they invented the poly-bushing.....and I should not use them.

I am sorry for even talking you into starting them again ;) If you remember correctly

Was JR's issue with the longer machined pivot stud? Does anyone sells just those? I may want to buy a set.

HD- Will you sell just the pivot studs? Any pics of the bolt in rear support???

Was JR's issue with the longer machined pivot stud? Does anyone sells just those? I may want to buy a set.

FYI, Denny is flying to Houston early tomorrow and I don't know if he will be back on
here anymore tonight. I got to see the trick 2-piece interlocking rear support the other
day but alas, I didn't have my camera with me. As soon as he gets back Sunday night
I'll try to get some pictures (Monday). If he doesn't want to publish them I'm sure that
he could PM them to you. It wraps around the frame and uses through bolts with non-
crush sleeves so although it could be welded on, it is not necessary. Hope I didn't reveal
too much here! You can see a lot of them in this pic but not the interlocking part.

Coil%20Over%20Only%20Pkg_zpshwolby7a.jpg

FYI, Denny is flying to Houston early tomorrow and I don't know if he will be back on
here anymore tonight. I got to see the trick 2-piece interlocking rear support the other
day but alas, I didn't have my camera with me. As soon as he gets back Sunday night
I'll try to get some pictures (Monday). If he doesn't want to publish them I'm sure that
he could PM them to you. It wraps around the frame and uses through bolts with non-
crush sleeves so although it could be welded on, it is not necessary. Hope I didn't reveal
too much here! You can see a lot of them in this pic but not the interlocking part.

Looks good. I've been waiting for this when i first heard rumors that he was developing this kit. Denny has a reputation on here and in the mopar community that I trust. I don't know Denny personally but you don't get the reputation he has by being a scumbag. Just saying.

Ive met Denny in person last August at Moparfest and have talked with him on the phone about his products and I agree he is a stand up guy and his HDK's are top notch.
I'm sure he will sell a ton of these too.

ehm, what is what on the picture? thingi to determine riding height and the part for the upper mounting of the shock is clear. ( good english huh? :D )

ehm, what is what on the picture? thingi to determine riding height and the part for the upper mounting of the shock is clear. ( good english huh? :D )

In the picture....

HDK re-enforced upper mounts
HDK chromoly support hoops
HDK 4-way adjustable hide height simulators

new.... 3-piece bolt on rear LCA support bracket
new....lower control arm featuring......
adjustable LCA bump stop utilizing factory frame pad
one piece tapered ball joint end
chromol;y tubing
accepts factory strut arm

Not shown.....
Hardware for above
CNC axle /pivot shafts
Optional chromoly UCA. Most aftermarket tubular UCA's should work but not the factory arm

ALL components will be available separately.

Testing will start shortly.

Prices to be determined.....I have not received all the bids for the production components.

Thanks all for your interest.

Do not know.

other than the retained factory profile that attaches to the K....mine is different than any....in material, diameter, and length.

When available..... sure, I will sell them separately. I really do not want to pay to have them built to sit on the shelf.

Will there be provisions for the sway bar tabs on the lower control arms?

Wow. I know HemiDenny builds quality stuff. I am not getting involved. But I know where my money will be going once I have it. HDK

Wow, just read entire thread, some childish behavior from the haters . I have 2 rms front ends and 1 HDK in my cars . Both bill and Denny where awesome to work with talented and good business men . Also read in jrs post where Denny complimented his work. It was not necessary for Denny to show off his wares in another thread. And I hope all this bs does not stop him from helping others. And to jr you have mad fab skills and will do well, but in my opinion have probably lost customers with your behavior. I have been in business building custom,over the top whacked out houses for 25 years and have mad skills of my own. Very few have the mad skills and the business sense and no when and when not to talk ****. Good luck. Nwdart

Denny, please say that this will be available for 66-70 B-body applications soon as well. I would buy it right now.

Denny, please say that this will be available for 66-70 B-body applications soon as well. I would buy it right now.

No reason it cannot the adapted to the B-body. The upper mount and support are already finished.

Probably just have to tweek the rear support bracket.

Sounds like you might want to be a test candidate.

I'll put you on the list.....right at the top.

Wow, just read entire thread, some childish behavior from the haters . I have 2 rms front ends and 1 HDK in my cars . Both bill and Denny where awesome to work with talented and good business men . Also read in jrs post where Denny complimented his work. It was not necessary for Denny to show off his wares in another thread. And I hope all this bs does not stop him from helping others. And to jr you have mad fab skills and will do well, but in my opinion have probably lost customers with your behavior. I have been in business building custom,over the top whacked out houses for 25 years and have mad skills of my own. Very few have the mad skills and the business sense and no when and when not to talk ****. Good luck. Nwdart

Thanks for the excellent observations... and encouraging words.

It will take more than a little b.s. to get me to stop building or attempting to improve anything. Mostly because I continue to get asked to. (See above post)

In the defense of the complainers, I don't think any of them realized that versions of a poly bushed, single tube control arm....even ones that follows the profile of a stock one has been used for years....maybe even decades. I'm not sure how long Bobs been building his.

As evident by my remarks, I applaud the skill and enthusiasm of any member willing to pick up a wrench or a welder.

We need more of them.....us old farts are not gonna be around forever.

Wow...............I can't believe i wasted my morning reading this thread, all I was looking for is suspension information and options for for my '69 Dart.

Wow...............I can't believe i wasted my morning reading this thread, all I was looking for is suspension information and options for for my '69 Dart.

I think you are channelling my x-wife..... sorry I didn't meet your expectations.

:):)

No apologizes necessary, I figured that by page 3 all the Hoop-la of the copying, stealing ideas, reverse engineering, etc would be finished and the thread would be back of subject. I am in the research stage of upgrading my front suspension, would be very interested in the kit you will be hopefully offering.
Being that I am from other Linage then MOPAR (first one) the kit in this thread is of most interest to me.
By the way, I met you in passing at the MOPAR show at the Red Barns last July, commented that your Duster was far more impressive in person then the pics in your thread.

No apologizes necessary, I figured that by page 3 all the Hoop-la of the copying, stealing ideas, reverse engineering, etc would be finished and the thread would be back of subject. I am in the research stage of upgrading my front suspension, would be very interested in the kit you will be hopefully offering.
Being that I am from other Linage then MOPAR (first one) the kit in this thread is of most interest to me.
By the way, I met you in passing at the MOPAR show at the Red Barns last July, commented that your Duster was far more impressive in person then the pics in your thread.

yes....I remember.

sorry, I kinda thought you were bustin' my balls.....I am probably just a little sensitive right now....(channeling Mrs Bruce Jenner)

Not really the way I intended to announce the new coil over only package, but once the cat is out of the bag.....I just gotta roll with it.

keep grinnin,
Denny

No reason it cannot the adapted to the B-body. The upper mount and support are already finished.

Probably just have to tweek the rear support bracket.

Sounds like you might want to be a test candidate.

I'll put you on the list.....right at the top.

Sounds like a great plan. Sway bar tabs in the 70 b/e-body location would be my preference.

When it comes to design and we all are starting from a base product ( the car) apart from a few differences in design.
It is a fact to achieve the same goal the design will almost certainly look similar to others.
Being in Australia no- one makes any kits for coil over conversions here.
I have been looking at my own design but just for me.
My design is not too dissimilar to either designs.
However extra holes and welding is something I'm trying to avoid.
Even drilling through the frame rail behind the k frame is not a good idea.
The steering box on Aussie cars are mounted
by three bolts through the rail here and you do see cracked rails from time to time.
Anyway it's a free world and, I thought competition was a good thing to help improve ones product and reduce price.

Just wondering if a gusset on the attachment point for the strut rod might be appropriate. QA1 has the tube for the strut rod gusseted on both sides for added strength.

Attachments

• 2015-04-26 21.34.53.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 653
-
Back