Head flow and power differences question / discussion

-
Thanks, my first car was a ‘69 340 blue notch when I was 15. I came across this one about 20 years ago. It was a 2 owner slant car always garaged.
I had an easy car to start with.

Thanks, my first car was a ‘69 340 blue notch when I was 15. I came across this one about 20 years ago. It was a 2 owner slant car always garaged.
I had an easy car to start with.
Great, I thought mine was going to be the same...but I got in the way of that quickly

Well if you are anything like me, the car always takes a back burner while the more important things in life are going on.
Yeah that's happening now+ it's been rather toasty for a uninsulated & no a/c garage.
I try really hard to wear long sleeves and pants when I do metal fabrication.

If you already have the Indy heads button it up and move on. I'd kill for a set of those.

If you already have the Indy heads button it up and move on. I'd kill for a set of those.
Yes, the Indy heads are on it. Took some thinking about which way to go. Some said Trick Flow and some said Indy.
It was on the dyno yesterday and I’m happy with the results.
Looking forward to running it in the car.
Thanks

Great post to go back and reread. I took my phone out on my porch and reread it during my breaks from weedwacking my front yard.

Yes, the Indy heads are on it. Took some thinking about which way to go. Some said Trick Flow and some said Indy.
It was on the dyno yesterday and I’m happy with the results.
Looking forward to running it in the car.
Thanks
I'm confused now????

So, what's the combo, and the power curve?
I don’t have all of the cam specs yet.

It’s a 1970 340 .040 over with a Molnar 4” stroker rotating assembly 418. 11.5CR +/- Solid roller cam, roller rockers. Of course the Indy heads with the Edelbrock tunnel ram and Holley 550 carbs.

So far all I have is this dyno sheet from yesterday. My builder is out of state and I should have everything else soon.
The cam is a custom grind for 5000’ and the rest of the combo.

IMG_1612.jpeg

-
Back