header question

-

74Dusterkid

Reaction score
does buying a set of hooker headers give more performance than say a hedman or is it just the finish and style that is different. cause a set of hookers are alot more expensive than any others that i have seen. just wondering if the extra money gets me more performance.

All the headers will work the same performance wise at your engines level.

The cheapies, hooker, hedman, etc., drivers side all hang below the centerlink. They tend to get crushed.

Dougs and tti are the only two that I know of that don't hang below, but, are more expensive. Ranging from 370 and up.

so if i was to drive the car like a daily driver it would smash the tube on the drivers side. or is there any way i can use stock manifolds and still do the rest of the motor work and not choke the engine to where it wont perform like it should?

wow i went to tti and have gotten completely lost in all the choices cause i dont know what would be good on my motor like x pipe and step and all the diameters so any help would be appreciated

looking into a set of 1 3/4 to 3'' two piece hookers if hes willing to part with them for a some $$.

1 5/8 if it is a street car..

1 3/4 if you are heading for track...

been there ...done that

but when the price is very cheap for a set of race hookers that are two peice so the front end doesnt have to come apart. im gonna jump on them if they are available. this car is going to go to the track and beat upon once it gets new metal and everything not just a street car

I didnt need to do anything with the oil filter with my headers either.. I run the shorter oil filter thats all.. I bought Hookers because the were in my price range and the car has a basic stock 360 in it.. nothing wild or crazy.. I did have to take the steering apart to get them in, and I will say this, the drivers side does hang quite low.. but I like that.. did ding one tube hitting it off the ground, but that was my own dumb fault.. when converting to V8, I left the slant 6 torsion bars in it.. the front end kinda floats.. So driving over dips in the road a little faster than I should resulted in a nice smack against the ground LOL ..

I say if your not building some kind of radical race monster, buy what you can afford, and what fits the direction your heading with the car... just my 2 cents..

well speedracerX i was also thinking about putting a set of cut outs on when i change over to headers cause i do like the sound of open heads. my friend with the torino put a set on his car and it sounds good. i dont want to go electric cause i dont like electric at all. id rather lay on the ground and take 3 wing nuts off and for cheaper.

I just bought a set of cutouts from Summit.. thats part of this winters project. So now I have to have the exhaust redone lol.. but it will be worth it. I too like the sound of open headers, but actually my girlfriend likes it more. Ever since I capped up the Dart she thinks its too quiet. I also didnt want electric ones.. I too will be laying on the ground taking off wing nuts LOL ...

about an hour ago i was laying on the ground taking off my friends cutouts and putting them back on lol

-
Back