HELLCATS at Carlisle

-

Gib Warnick

'65 Valiant signet
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
There on Sat- incredible- had 3 Hellcats going non stop- Pick up passenger- pull up to Christmas tree- hammer it run full out through first gear- slam on brakes- wait for other 2 to make run- and then blast back down to do it over, and over, and over again...
Incredible testimony to durability and toughnes of package- I was there for 5 hours and they were going for another 6 hours straight
Couldn't believe they pulled it off- kind scary when cars blasting back to start

Another thought- what a job- to get paid for driving the car, doing burnouts all day.
Guy there told me the drivers were highly qualified- Indy 500, dragster qualified, etc

My GF waited 1 1/2 hours in line for the HellCat ride and had a smile pasted on her face when she got out. She said she would do it again. They did punish those cars for 3 or 4 days.

FIAT is keeping MOPAR alive.

when is someone going to get serius and start tuning on one of those things/ wonder how much you can turn the boost up on them. be interesting to see someone w/ some smarts put slicks on it and go for it all out!:burnout::burnout:

I'd have one of those "fiats" called Hellcats. Ya, sure, I'd drive one :D Shoot, I kinda like the Chally 3.6 V6's, might buy one.... :)

Sorry, I like radio delete, no a/c, leaded fuel warning stickers, 1970's horsepower, and being under the hood daily.

OLD SCHOOL FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

Our SRT 8 doesn't look or act like a import. 145 mph redlines in 4th gear. What about 5th and 6th? I will never know. They are kinda like a crotch rocket. They get there fast. The brakes work well also. You can stop them way faster than they accelerate.

Attachments

• 015 (2).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 429
I absolutely love the new Challengers. Mustang, ugly. New Camaro, not a fan. New Challenger, NAILED IT. Every time I see a 2015 one cruising around I can't help but drool a little as it drives by.

Sorry, I like radio delete, no a/c, leaded fuel warning stickers, 1970's horsepower, and being under the hood daily.

OLD SCHOOL FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

I went for a ride in the Hellcat at Carlile. When I got in I told the driver that my daughter drives a 5.7 Challenger R/T and my son has a Viper and I grew up driving Hemi cars so he would have to try hard to impress me. He was up to the challenge, When we blasted off the tires would spin a couple of seconds and then you would feel yourself being sucked into the seat and just about then you could feel the boost coming up and you would get sucked in even more.(Oh, by the way, the beginning was running uphill) I think the thing would have pulled that hard all way up the tach but since we were only running about an eighth mile he had to put on the brakes real hard to miss the barrier at the end. The first thing I said was that the brakes worked considerably better than the old Hemi cars. Then he took off spinning sideways back down the hill and pulled up at the bottom and ask me what I thought. I'm not going to kid you, the car is very impressive and would take some abuse. I wouldn't buy a used one out of Detroit anytime after this show season though!

I went for a ride in the Hellcat at Carlile. When I got in I told the driver that my daughter drives a 5.7 Challenger R/T and my son has a Viper and I grew up driving Hemi cars so he would have to try hard to impress me. He was up to the challenge, When we blasted off the tires would spin a couple of seconds and then you would feel yourself being sucked into the seat and just about then you could feel the boost coming up and you would get sucked in even more.(Oh, by the way, the beginning was running uphill) I think the thing would have pulled that hard all way up the tach but since we were only running about an eighth mile he had to put on the brakes real hard to miss the barrier at the end. The first thing I said was that the brakes worked considerably better than the old Hemi cars. Then he took off spinning sideways back down the hill and pulled up at the bottom and ask me what I thought. I'm not going to kid you, the car is very impressive and would take some abuse. I wouldn't buy a used one out of Detroit anytime after this show season though!

No serial numbers on those cars they used. They are going to CRUSH those test mules. So Sad. I would at least like to have a shot at the drive train. Oh Well !!

No serial numbers on those cars they used. They are going to CRUSH those test mules. So Sad. I would at least like to have a shot at the drive train. Oh Well !!

It is sad, but better than buying one later on lot as a demo...

I din't wait for ride- took an hour in line early on.
They did the same thing at BJ auction in AZ

I'm with ya Mope wouldn't be caught dead in a mexican hemi imported piece of **** like mopar/fiat is putting out...el' garbage:violent1::violent1::violent1:

tehy blew one up and imported a RED one on saturday. and old school guys thats all well and good but that fiat if you will runs stops out gas mileages and keeps the AC running old is cool but nobody can honestly down tat car for being anything but a monster

I'm with ya Mope wouldn't be caught dead in a mexican hemi imported piece of **** like mopar/fiat is putting out...el' garbage:violent1::violent1::violent1:

Your opinion. What would you buy then?(new only).

Darryl

Would love a new Hellcat Charger for my vacation wheels. Badass sumbitches. And those Mexican built Hemis and Cummins powered Rams are flat out keeping Dodge around.

I'd buy a Hellcat Challenger or Charger in an instant if I could afford one. I'm still amazed that they are being produced at all.

Check out the new Dodge commercial on you tube, the extended cut/predator. Totally rocks.

I'd buy a Hellcat Challenger or Charger in an instant if I could afford one. I'm still amazed that they are being produced at all.

Check out the new Dodge commercial on you tube, the extended cut/predator. Totally rocks.

agree w/ dustdevil, I`d buy one in a heartbeat if I could afford it . would also buy a new hemi shortbed standard cab p/u too .

I don't go to Carlisle to see what I can see in a mall parking lot

-
Back