Hello all, Im Back again

-

BillyBBad

Reaction score
Well Well Well, I leave for a little bit and things change so much here since the birth of this place.
Just wanted all to know that the Cuda is doing well but have a serious qustion.
What is the nomal cost to have body work done?
I have a 68 FB Cuda that I want to hang new quarters, Fenders, FG hood, re-work the doors and change colors. Current color is Surf Turquise green going to silver with black hood and stripes.
I was was told no less then 10,000.00 to do it. Seems high to me, I was thinking close to 6k.
Floor board and trunk floor is fine, So no need to mess with it. Im buying all the parts and paint. Not to mention Im removing all the chrome and glass but they are re-installing it later (if they do it).
The motor and Trans will not be in the car and Im not asking them to put it on a rotisore (sp?).

What have you guys spent and what do you recomend?

I would think that they have been watching Barrett Jackson to much. If all your doing is quarters and paint. And your buying the parts. Check around.

64dartwagon said:
I would think that they have been watching Barrett Jackson to much. If all your doing is quarters and paint. And your buying the parts. Check around.
I had someone here in town tell me the same thing (was today in fact, He belongs to this sight)...."Someone has been watching Barret Jackson to much".
Just thought Id ask around and get some insight.
Brett? What do you think?

did they actually see the car? it does sound like they dont want the job..for that kind of money i would consider buying a few more tools and doing it myself.....look around and ask questions you may find a decent body man that moonlights out of his garage, ask at car shows, swap meets, etc

Welcome back billybbad,

I have learned the hard way during resto's.
Like any task or Classic Vehicle improvement these days...if anything has a price, almost doubble that cost, then in the end when completed you will be at least happy if it was indeed cheaper.

Billy, I know your in Missouri but my buddy is a body guy who does moon lighting out of our garage. He's one of the best in this area and does the type of work you have all the time. I know he would do what your talking about for much less than that. I wanna say at least half that but without seeing it its hard to say. He's been doing this stuff for over 20 years and is lead body guy during the day at a local place. I don't know if your willing to take the car out of state though. He painted the car we had on pinks thats now on ebay right now from someone they sold it to after we did the show. And he did the body work and threw this paint job on in only a few DAYS, check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...Z6236QQitemZ4628756712QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
If your interested let me know, just PM me (I'm in PA), if you want to send pics for him to look at or something and give you a quote. BTW he has a 73 challenger and a 69 dart so he loves mopars!

-
Back