Hello fellas!

-

Tastic

Reaction score
I am new to the site, but not new to being a classic mopar fan, and owner. I just bought a 1970 Dart GT. I HAVE TONS OF QUESTIONS ABOUT IT, but from my searching on here, it seems the GT "brains" passed away (Bruce). The car seems to be nicely optioned... Although not numbers matching. I bought the car for the right price, and have some things to do to make it how I want it. However, I have a pretty good platform!

Noticeable options include:
FY1 paint. (Top banana/Lemon twist)
A65: GT package
Rear window defroster
Front disc brakes
AC
PS
Was a 318 2bbl car...
And is now a 340 car (year matching)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 129
Anymore info on these cars would be great. I see the registry is no longer active. :'(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 102
Welcome to FABO! Man that is nice. My neighbor bought a new 70' Duster in FY1 when I was younger, and it just lit up the neighborhood when it was clean. :thumleft:

Give us some more details when time permits. Curious what trans & rear is behind that 70' 340.....My favorite stock smallblock by the way. :D

It is a 727, with a 8 3/4, 3.23:1 suregrip. Alson, not what came with the car from the factory. But, for what I paid for it, I'm thrilled. It will be a cruiser and occasionally a weekend bracket racer. Plans for the car are just some motor stuff (internals, will probably go with a 422 stroker) but will keep the stock trim. I like sleepers. :)

...no significance with "years matching".. it is either numbers matching or not...

..the main thing is that you like it.... there is still lots of info on the i'net..

Grassy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 77
Got her pretty straight. :D (999 paint code, Omaha orange)

Too bad I can't get pic to load the correct way. Sigh...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 80
Welcome to FABO!! You bringeth some mighty fine iron there Tastic, you should be rightly proud!! Glad to have you join our ranks! Make sure you register the GT on Bruce's list...he would've loved that car!! Geof

Welcome to FABO!! You bringeth some mighty fine iron there Tastic, you should be rightly proud!! Glad to have you join our ranks! Make sure you register the GT on Bruce's list...he would've loved that car!! Geof

The GT site seems to be down. Every link I have tried, comes up with a "page not found" message. :(

-
Back