Hello

-

Rexone

Reaction score
Well since I had a long nap this afternoon and now Can't sleep :violent1: I'll say hi.

I actually arrived here in sort of a backdoor manner having followed a link provided in an ebay dispute message. I said my peace and am done with that topic hopefully. What I discovered in the process is that there are a number of great people on here, seen via posts and PM's sent to me.

My background briefly. Graduated High School in 1971 as was employed by my brother as a general mechanic for a couple years. We started a mobile auto parts business (a pie wagon as they were called) that serviced garages and service stations. Never made any money and sold that after a couple years. We then purchased an existing speed shop in El Monte CA called Marv's Speed and Marine, from then owner Bill Morse. I ran that shop until 1979 (moving from El Monte to West Covina). Well it didn't ever make money either. I moved to Baldwin Park and took the speedshop portion and started again doing general auto repair work. 3 strikes. Working too much for not much dough at all. An opportunity came along to go to work for a company called Rex Marine Engineering running the parts department so I closed up and took it. That was early 1980. As a company at that time we sold marine parts, had an engine machine shop, built engines and rigged high performance boats. Unfortunately the recession of 80-81 put that company under also. Founder Jack Rex moved on to another industry.

I started a company in the same facility called Rex Marine Hardware Co. since we already had the ball somewhat rolling when Jack left. It became successful and I was in that building (and some adjacent) for 17 years following. Today 3 moves later the company is called Rex Marine Corporation and is in San Dimas CA. right next to the 57 freeway. We sell mainly marine parts but are moving in an automotive direction somewhat because the high performance boat industry had been hit very hard by the current recession. (yes I know it's over... HA). We sell a few automotive lines such as AutoMeter, ARP, and others, and we are the manufacturer of Impy's Billet Steering Wheels. Its not my intention to spam your forum up so I'll leave it at that for now.

Outside of work I'm an amateur (aspiring pro) photographer, love dogs, I freelance write for Performance Boats Magazine, and am an admin and moderator on their forum for several years. I have a photo site some of you might find interest in. It is mikegeephotos.com. I have some car show galleries within along with quite a few boat race galleries.

Thanks to all who PM'ed the kind invites. Merry Christmas to all and lets hope 2012 is a better one than 2011. I know a lot of people who are hurting right now with lost jobs, lost homes, under employment etc.

Mike Guardalabene aka, Rexone

Welcome sir...glad to see you don't scare off easily.

Welcome Mike,
We are glad to have you here on FABO !!!
Thank you for the link to the photos,They are awesome.
Happy new year,
Martin

Welcome to FABO Mike and like was stated we're glad you don't scare easy LOL. Great photo's by the way.

Thanks again for welcome everyone. No I don't scare easily, the forum environment is one I'm very comfortable with mainly because I don't bs anyone so I don't have to worry about what I might have said 3 mo ago. And I'm known on the boating forum as one not to take any bs either. My business has been attacked by a few in the past there and it never turns out well for the purveyor of false accusations. If we did something wrong I'm the first to admit it and make it right with a customer, but false accusations and other bs I will hammer them.

You guys have a nice forum here it appears from the little I've had time to read so far. The closest I am to owning a mopar is a 70 gtx I owned back in the early 70's. It was a cool car and one I wish I still owned. I sold it to a guy in West Covina and I heard awhile back he still owns the car, which is also cool cause its been 35-40 years. The car was semi-show quality (a daily driver too) and I won some trophies with it when I had it. And that in a nutshell is my mopar history... long time ago.

On a positive note re the ebay deal the buyer retracted the neg feedback this AM and I'm back at 100%. So all is good there.

I wish I had the money or time to pursue photography full time but alas that's not the case right now. I barely have time to shoot a weekend race event these days. Keeping a small business going in a depressed economic environment is a full time job and a half. I shoot what I have time for and that's pretty sporadic this past year.

Thanks again for the welcome guys, I'll be around.
mike

Welcome to FABO, Mike, from another SoCal member. You're going to have fun here!
Small world! I remember Rex Marine from when I was the Sales Manager at Lockwell - you folks used to buy quick release pins from Lockwell in Azusa and later after we moved to Rancho Cucamonga.
Great pics! I particularly enjoyed the pics of the New Jersey. I'm sure you know by now that the Iowa is scheduled to open as an attraction in L.A. harbor July 4th, 2012.
Also enjoyed the pics from the John Force Holiday Show. My club, Inland Mopars, hosted several (including the last) monthly car shows that were held at Force's Yorba Linda shop. Loved the pics of the Helm's Bakery truck - I grew up in Montebello and remember the Helm's trucks that cruised the neighborhood with the great bread, donuts and pastries from the pull-out shelves in the back. That was a great time to grow up in SoCal!
Glad you joined FABO. You're right when you say there's lots of great people here.
PM sent.

Welcome to FABO Rexone!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• DSC06826.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 80
Welcome to FABO, Mike, from another SoCal member. You're going to have fun here!
Small world! I remember Rex Marine from when I was the Sales Manager at Lockwell - you folks used to buy quick release pins from Lockwell in Azusa and later after we moved to Rancho Cucamonga.
Great pics! I particularly enjoyed the pics of the New Jersey. I'm sure you know by now that the Iowa is scheduled to open as an attraction in L.A. harbor July 4th, 2012.
Also enjoyed the pics from the John Force Holiday Show. My club, Inland Mopars, hosted several (including the last) monthly car shows that were held at Force's Yorba Linda shop. Loved the pics of the Helm's Bakery truck - I grew up in Montebello and remember the Helm's trucks that cruised the neighborhood with the great bread, donuts and pastries from the pull-out shelves in the back. That was a great time to grow up in SoCal!
Glad you joined FABO. You're right when you say there's lots of great people here.
PM sent.

I'd heard that the Iowa was coming to LA but had no idea it would be in place and open that quickly. I guess that's what happens when you remove something from "government control" lol. I look forward to getting on it. Hopefully the weather will better than my USS New Jersey tour. It's cold there on Christmas Eve.

I remember the Helms truck well too from when I was a kid in Glendora.

Here's a shot of the 2010 Force show. I wish I could have got the people out of it but wasn't happening.

1116561805_HHhLw-L.jpg

I have a bunch of pics of the 2011 show I haven't uploaded yet. Hoping to have time Sunday to do it. I will post a link after they're up so you guys can see them. Several nice Mopar's in the mix. :D

-
Back