Help!!! Buying 67 dart on saturday need front wheels..

-
alot of ford wheels will work. bolted my ralleyes to the wifes 2001 mustang once. hope this helps.

If this car has the original 67 bolt pattern, you need a set of small bolt pattern wheels. They are 5 on 4". If this car has disk brakes in front I'm sure you will need at 14" wheels.
Look around for A-body wheels off any A-body from 61 to 72 and they should work.
Need a few more details to help you further.

its either a 5 on 4 or a 5 on 4 1/2

Attachments

• wheel%20adapter%20bolt%20pattern%20measure.gif
    8.2 KB · Views: 168
Big bolt pattern Mopar wheels are 4.5". Often Ford wheels will work but the hub centers are a different size usually.

too bad you are so far away from me, i have a full set of 5 on 4 wheels taking up space, if in fact that is your pattern, which im reasonably sure it is.

Car is a 67 GT 273 V* and 7.25 rear....owner said it is a small bolt pattern but also stated they are 5 on 4.25....is this 4.25 possible? Only need 2 for front to get on/off trailer.
Will any other "common" junk yard wheels work?

Car is a 67 GT 273 V* and 7.25 rear....owner said it is a small bolt pattern but also stated they are 5 on 4.25....is this 4.25 possible? Only need 2 for front to get on/off trailer.
Will any other "common" junk yard wheels work?

No, they would be 5 on 4 as stated above if they are small bolt pattern.

Roswell Wrecking Co. Roswell NM 575-622-2831/800-624-0656 shows some for $25 each with 7 in stock.

Sweet...kind of....going West through flagstaff AZ to get car. Roswell is kinds SE.......dang I will buy them when I get back!!

Sweet...kind of....going West through flagstaff AZ to get car. Roswell is kinds SE.......dang I will buy them when I get back!!

You are making too big a deal about this. You don't NEED "Mopar" "A body" wheels

Many other Mopar cars used the SMALL 4" bolt pattern. The K cars, at least some of the Chrysler mini vans used 'em, I'm not familiar with the more modern heavier FWD Mopar cars.

IF you have a car that has the newer 4.5 pattern, do the same thing GET ON Craigslist or other local "nickel nik" ad newspapers and round up most any Ferd wheels, LOTS of junk on sale around here, snow tires, etc

But as others have posted your FIRST job is to MAKE SURE what the bolt pattern IS. Some of the newer cars ??72-3?? used drum brakes and may or may not have been the larger pattern. The car, if older, may have been converted to disk brakes, and it may be EITHER large or small, depending on who did the conversion and the parts they used.

You are making too big a deal about this. You don't NEED "Mopar" "A body" wheels

Many other Mopar cars used the SMALL 4" bolt pattern. The K cars, at least some of the Chrysler mini vans used 'em, I'm not familiar with the more modern heavier FWD Mopar cars.

IF you have a car that has the newer 4.5 pattern, do the same thing GET ON Craigslist or other local "nickel nik" ad newspapers and round up most any Ferd wheels, LOTS of junk on sale around here, snow tires, etc

But as others have posted your FIRST job is to MAKE SURE what the bolt pattern IS. Some of the newer cars ??72-3?? used drum brakes and may or may not have been the larger pattern. The car, if older, may have been converted to disk brakes, and it may be EITHER large or small, depending on who did the conversion and the parts they used.

Wrong... The above mentioned cars run 100mm wheels. They might be able to be forced on but they will not center the lug nut holes and it seems like the center hub is smaller also.

The op plainly states in post number #7 "owner said it is a small bolt pattern".

5 on 4.5 ford wheels do not work the center hole is too small. Buddy's 70 RT challenger got hit on ice due to the fact we only had 3 mopar and one ford wheel, had to go the next morning to pick car up with another mopar wheel. it got hit before getting it home

small bolt patter is 5 lug 4" ONLY, no such thing as 5 on 4.25 for chrysler A body

This is the info I need as to what other car/platform I could grab in a pinch just to get car on trailer but.........as oklacarcollecto reminded, it is a small bolt pattern.
Kinda hard to search CL when one does not know which wheels will work!! Hence my original post..

5 on 4.5 ford wheels do not work the center hole is too small. Buddy's 70 RT challenger got hit on ice due to the fact we only had 3 mopar and one ford wheel, had to go the next morning to pick car up with another mopar wheel. it got hit before getting it home

small bolt patter is 5 lug 4" ONLY, no such thing as 5 on 4.25 for chrysler A body

PERFECT!! I was wondering about the 4.25 as it did not sound right to me!! The search gets more narrow! thanks man!!

The 5x4" pattern can look like a 4.25" pattern sometimes when measuring, so that's probably why the guy told you it was 5x4.25". It's a little bit off of 4", but when speaking of bolt patterns, it is 5x4".

This is the info I need as to what other car/platform I could grab in a pinch just to get car on trailer but.........as oklacarcollecto reminded, it is a small bolt pattern.
Kinda hard to search CL when one does not know which wheels will work!! Hence my original post..

A-bodys only....Dart, Duster, Demon, Scamp, Valiant and the other a bodies from 1972 back plus Barracuda 1969 back is the original application for these wheels from the factory. You will find some 1973 thru 1976 of the above cars that could have the small bolt pattern wheels if they were drum brakes on all 4 corners with the Barracuda being the execption to the car list. Early cars will have 13 inch wheels and if your Dart has 10 inch brakes I don't know if they will clear the drums. All 1973 up A-bodies with disc brakes will be big bolt pattern.

Wrong... The above mentioned cars run 100mm wheels. They might be able to be forced on but they will not center the lug nut holes and it seems like the center hub is smaller also.

The op plainly states in post number #7 "owner said it is a small bolt pattern".

He's rolling it on a trailer, not running the Indy 500 there is a whopping SIX THOUSANDS OF AN INCH difference in the bolt pattern. I have SEEN the newer wheels on older cars in the junkyard. Pretty obvious when you run across them

He's rolling it on a trailer, not running the Indy 500 there is a whopping SIX THOUSANDS OF AN INCH difference in the bolt pattern. I have SEEN the newer wheels on older cars in the junkyard. Pretty obvious when you run across them

Yes, and some people put bow tie drive trains in Mopars too. Have you measured the center hole? Seems like the 100 mm has a smaller hole and won't go over the front hub if I recall correctly. Why spend money on something that won't even make a spare?

Yes, and some people put bow tie drive trains in Mopars too. Have you measured the center hole? Seems like the 100 mm has a smaller hole and won't go over the front hub if I recall correctly. Why spend money on something that won't even make a spare?

I think your statement above shows the depth of your knowledge. Honda used a 100mm wheel also are well as many other manufactures and they are not 4 inch bolt pattern.

The guys from Roswell hooked me up with another guy in Albuquerque....off 67 Valiant....PERFECT!!! this is a great example of how these post work!
Thanks to all who replied!

The guys from Roswell hooked me up with another guy in Albuquerque....off 67 Valiant....PERFECT!!! this is a great example of how these post work!
Thanks to all who replied!

Cool, Now you won't have to worry about stud damage or the wheels not clearing something.

EXACTLY!!! I will buy some nice ones later....just need to get it on/off the trailer for now...:newb:

-
Back