Help confirm where to fill top reservoir please.

-

Greg D.

Reaction score
Greetings

I have a 1964 Dart GT convertible, and want to confirm the level of fluid in the top pump reservoir. They guy I bought it from (4 or so years ago) said it likely needed more fluid. The top mainly stays down and the up/down motion isn’t too bad/slow. Sometimes I feel I need to help it when going up. This being said, I have no idea what the correct speed is either. Could be that it’s working perfectly.
Anyway, I’d like to confirm where I check and add more fluid. On the passenger side of my pump there isn’t a slotted screw, but rather a rubber grommet. Is this what I need to pop out to check/fill?

thank you very much,
Greg

5B434406-7D85-48D4-853A-DE03993C61FD.jpeg

EB662DA4-7102-421A-BCED-8754A532505F.jpeg

Factory service manual would be your best source of info, BUT IIRC just under the inspection hole, and rubber gromett is most likely the inspection hole. Pretty sure the center bolt clamps the resivore to the pump.

I seem to recall seeing a how to on top pumps

Factory service manual would be your best source of info, BUT IIRC just under the inspection hole, and rubber gromett is most likely the inspection hole. Pretty sure the center bolt clamps the resivore to the pump.

I seem to recall seeing a how to on top pumps

Thanks for the quick response. Hey did look in my service manual, and in the convertible section it went into care, up/down, and top adjustments; but nothing that I could find on fluid maintenance.
So, if I’m reading your response correctly, the inspection/fill hole is the rubber grommet?

thank you again!
Greg

-
Back