Help CUDACHICK

-
OUTSTANDING JOHN! Thank you very much ... and the young guns thank you too, I'm sure.

Time for an updated Prize List!!!

1. $100.00 Gift Certificate from Phoenix Specialty Coatings

2. Cash donation (based upon number of members) from Small Block

3. FABO t-shirt from Memike

4. Some kind of parts or something that can be used on a variety of A Bodies from 65 Dartman

5. $20.00 cash donation from 65BCODA, and another $40.00 for future Young Guns giveaways

6. '67-'76 black 4 speed carpet set for a 2 door A-Body from FASTBACK340

7. [Your donation could be here!]

A big hug and thanks go out once again to all those you've donated!!!

Ok ya'll..the generation gap is steppin into play a lil' bit so all us younger generation need to speak in a manner in which the smarter generation can understand or theres gonna be a rukkuss...ya'll got it? if not pm rumblefish360...he'll make ya understand quickly.....:toothy10:

Oh c'mon guys, it's not that hard.

"Help CudaChick" is the fund/prize raising thread for discussion concerning all items that will be awarded to the winner of the Young Guns Story Contest and for any other commentary relating to the contest.

Simple enough. Sorry I saw some other comments, encouragement, and advice and the I went too wordy, and too detailed.

Aside, considering a thread title change would attract more views. It will help you get more prizes and more young guns participating. This thread will be alive for a long time, it deserves good signage. Use some of the keyword and phrases your posted above in it.

EDIT:
Leanna actually did change the title to: PRIZE LIST for the Young Guns Story Contest. But I think the orginal poster,Small Block, has to do that.

Let's do what we can to help pass the torch. Someone passed it to us once.

Let's do what we can to help pass the torch. Someone passed it to us once.

And there were times I wanted to tuck that torch under my car and watch it burn.......

Let's get these guys rolling with materials things, then we can tell `em what to do if they need the help. We never have to worry about experience and knowledge from our membership.

You guys & gals are the best!

I can donate a Lokar throttle pedal. Do you want me too ship it you Leanna or wait and ship it too the winner?

lokar pedal.jpg

Where do I sign up?.....is 23 considered a young gun still?

And where is the balance point between young gun and just an average mopar head and the old geezer mopar head lol?.

If I qualify ,I would like to sign up and...heck,I will even try to find something to donate also.

And where is the balance point between young gun and just an average mopar head and the old geezer mopar head lol?.

If I qualify ,I would like to sign up and...heck,I will even try to find something to donate also.
sign up here and dont forget to follow dirrections that cudachick has. email the story as well as post it..
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=78242

OUTSTANDING JOHN! Thank you very much ... and the young guns thank you too, I'm sure.

Time for an updated Prize List!!!

4. Some kind of parts or something that can be used on a variety of A Bodies from 65 Dartman

5. $20.00 cash donation from 65BCODA, and another $40.00 for future Young Guns giveaways

6. '67-'76 black 4 speed carpet set for a 2 door A-Body from FASTBACK340

7. [Your donation could be here!]

A big hug and thanks go out once again to all those you've donated!!!

Don't forget the tools! toolmanmike

I can donate a Lokar throttle pedal. Do you want me too ship it you Leanna or wait and ship it too the winner?

That's terrific avarageerod!!! Wooooo Lokar makes great stuff. Thank you for your generous offer!

As far as shipping goes, no decisions have been made as of yet but I'm open to suggestions. The main thing is to try to keep it as affordable as possible for everyone.

DD72, I see Fredsmedina has already pointed the way to the entrance (thanks Fred! :-D). The contest is open to anyone 25 and under as of January 30, 2010 who works on their own car. Be sure to email me at [email protected] with a link to your post so I can add your name to the entry bucket.

I'm not gonna touch your "balance point" question with a 10-foot pole. LOL (I think at some point during Cuda ownership I've gone from semi-young gunette to geezerdom but hate to admit it.)

Any and all donations are truly appreciated if you'd like to add something to the Prize Package DusterDude72. Shoot me an email or private message, or just add it here to this thread and I'll put it on the next update of the list.

Don't forget the tools! toolmanmike

Sorry about that toolman ... I copied an old list without thinking and blew it when I left your sweet tool donation out; it won't happen again because I've saved it as a separate, easily modified Word file now :-D.

Some of you already know I've been working on a fairly large bracket contract the last few weeks with a lot of late nights in the shop :clock: and burning the candle at both ends trying to keep up with everything. It's coming back to haunt me. BUT if I hadn't been so dang tired and suffering from insomnia the other night I probably wouldn't have formalized this contest idea either. So it's both good and bad. Sorry for any confusion.

Anyway, Fredsmedina and toolmanmike, thanks for helping steer the way and for helping me keep this booty straight :bootysha:. Not that booty, THIS booty:

PRIZE LIST AS OF OCTOBER 26, 2009

4. 'Some kind of parts or something that can be used on a variety of A Bodies' from 65 Dartman

5. Mac Tools 29-piece screwdriver/bit set from our very own Mac Tools dealer ToolmanMike

6. A 3" high by 36" long decal of the model name of the winner's car (Duster, Demon, etc.) in his/her choice of color, along with 6 smaller decals (1 1/2" x 12" or so) donated by GTGrinly

7. From 65BCODA, a cash donation of $20 towards an aftermarket supplier’s gift certificate (i.e., Summit Racing, Jegs, etc.) for the winner of the January 31, 2010 drawing, as well as $20 in gift certificates for any future monthly drawings to be held (a total of $120, up to six months’ worth of drawings!!!)

8. '67-'76 black 4 speed carpet set for a 2 door A-Body from FASTBACK340

9. A Lokar throttle pedal from avarageerod

10. [Your donation could be listed here ... ]

It's gotten to be a pretty impressive list in just four days ... and just think, there's THREE MONTHS STILL TO GO! Thanks to everybody who has participated in the Young Guns Story Contest and kicked in something for the prize package!!!

Check out the latest additions to the Young Guns Story Contest Prize List!!!

4. 'Some kind of parts or something that can be used on a variety of A Bodies' from 65 Dartman

5. Mac Tools 29-piece screwdriver/bit set from our very own Mac Tools dealer ToolmanMike

6. A 3" high by 36" long decal of the model name of the winner's car (Duster, Demon, etc.) in his/her choice of color, along with 6 smaller decals (1 1/2" x 12" or so) donated by GTGrinly

7. From 65BCODA, a cash donation of $20 towards an aftermarket supplier’s gift certificate (i.e., Summit Racing, Jegs, etc.) for the winner of the January 31, 2010 drawing, as well as $20 in gift certificates for any future monthly drawings to be held (a total of $120, up to six months’ worth of drawings!!!)

10. Lightweight master cylinder, AR Engineering billet adapter and heat shield from a FABO member who wishes to remain anonymous

11. [Your donation could be listed here ... ]

How about a home crafted valve block? :)
What is a valve block ramcharger, is it something that holds the valve up going through the spark plug hole to change out seals and spring?

32 confirmed entries have been received so far! If you've posted your story in the Young Guns -- Sign In and Win thread but have NOT received a confirmation email from [email protected], please re-read the rules in the first post. You MUST email your post link to qualify for the giveaway.

Here's the updated Prize Package:

10. Lightweight master cylinder, AR Engineering billet adapter and heat shield from a FABO member who wishes to remain anonymous

11. Handcrafted valve block donated by Ramcharger

12. [Your donation could be listed here ... ]

Thanks for posting those stories and keeping this alive!

32 confirmed entries out of 11000 members? I thought we had more youngsters on here than that. Lets keep this up front and if you guys or gals have any spare change or parts, feel free to consider a donation to those that will carry on the Mopar name for all of us old fuddy duddy's.
Small Block

i have two bbp rally wheels with tires to donate but i cant afford to ship sorry im out the cash right now

Hang onto em Chad. If ya still got em when the time comes, we'll worry about shipping then. Thanks for the gesture.
Small Block

4. *** Revised Donation! *** Winner’s choice: Rebuilt lower control arms with new bushings or ’63 – ‘66 V8 centerlink donated by 65 Dartman, to be powder coated by PSC

8. '67 - '76 black 4 speed carpet set for a 2 door A-Body from FASTBACK340

12. Two big bolt pattern rally wheels with tires donated by amzchad

13. Small block Mickey Thompson valve covers purchased from oldschoolcuda by Small Block … shipping them here so the winner can choose the powder coat color(s) and I’ll work them up custom

14. [Your donation could be listed here ... ]

Please send me a PM or an email ([email protected]) if you'd like to add something to the Young Guns Contest Prize Package!

I'm fully enjoying my busiest time of the year now with Fall tear down season upon us, so bear with me if I don't reply immediately or post an update for a few days.

Thanks to all the kids for posting their stories and for the great members of FABO for jumpin on the bandwagon with a wonderful assortment of goodies. Ya all make my "job" of doing this a lot easier.

Barely 24 hours since the latest Prize Package update and already it's time for another one!!! Two more great prizes have been added.

4. *** Revised Donation! *** Winner’s choice: Rebuilt lower control arms with new bushings or ’63 – ‘66 V8 centerlink donated by 65 Dartman, to be powder coated by PSC

8. '67 - '76 black 4 speed carpet set for a 2 door A-Body from FASTBACK340

12. Two big bolt pattern rally wheels with tires donated by amzchad

13. Small block Mickey Thompson valve covers purchased from oldschoolcuda by Small Block … shipping them here so the winner can choose the powder coat color(s) and I’ll work them up custom

14. For a 1967 Barracuda: 2 taillight lenses, 2 outside door handles, 2 inside door handles, 2 front armrest bases, and 1 original steering wheel donated by DRENO

15. $50.00 cash donation from Floorman. I plan to combine these funds with 65BCODA’s monetary donation toward an aftermarket gift certificate (see #7 above) unless I receive objections to the contrary

16. [Your donation could be listed here ... ]

if the winner wants to arrange a pickup i will donate a 318 block everything there but carb and intake

I have a question... this seems like a whole lot for ONE random winner to get all to him/herself. Why not get together with some other members here and split the prizes up so we can have multiple winners? Is it planned that everything will be awarded to one person?

By the way... to all of you that donated. Thanks for supporting me and the other young guns on the forum. I can't speak for everyone... but I promiss to keep this hobby going and represent the FABO family in the best way possible. Thanks again.

Zach, when I came up with this I had no idea what kind of response I'd get. It's been pretty overwhelming and honestly a LOT more than I expected or hoped for!

One of the other entrants suggested giving away 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes; others have indicated that multiple drawings would be preferable to spread the contest out for awhile, generate more interest / membership, and give more than one person an opportunity to win something.

As I've said all along, I'm open to suggestions so bring 'em on! At this point --- with well over two full months of donation time still left to go -- fifteen prizes could be split three ways for a drawing in January, another in April, and another in August.

What do ya'll think??? Please post your ideas here for open discussion instead of putting this all on me in the form of private messages. FABO is and always has been a democracy and I'm not much of a dictatress. :-D

-
Back