Help decoding the fender tag on my LP27D7

-
I always wondered why someone wouldn't want a spare. I mean, even if you had no ability or desire to change a tire, you would still want someone else to be able to, right? :realcrazy:

My guess is they had plans for day two wheels.
The question is do you get a jack?

Alan

It has disc brakes. Does it have a factory sway bar? Might have the rallye package. I'll dig out my son's '67 convertible fender tag later.

My son's fender tag. Pretty basic convertible. 273 two barrel, gold exterior, black bench interior, 13" wheel, AM radio, drum brakes, heater, outside remote mirror.

And, just for grin, my old '67 hardtop. 273 two barrel, gold exterior, black bucket/console interior, 13" wheels, AM radio, drum brakes, heater, outside remote mirror.

Jeff original fender tag.jpg

My old Dart fender tag.jpg

No Rallye wheels in 67
What's your thoughts about 5 wheels vs 4 wheels?

Was it an option that saved the buyer money. Like radio delete???

I don't see it as an option on my darts sales recept. ( it has all 5)

What's your thoughts about 5 wheels vs 4 wheels?

Was it an option that saved the buyer money. Like radio delete???

I don't see it as an option on my darts sales recept. ( it has all 5)

In 67 the 3rd digit of the tire code refers to the Spare tire.
xx4 Tire Quantity = 4 (Less Spare)
xx5 Tire Quantity = 5 (With Spare)

The 135 code on the two fender tags above Decodes to 7.00 x 13 White walls 2-4 ply steel with spare.
If it was 134 it would Decode to 7.00 x 13 White walls 2-4 ply steel without spare.

In 67 the 3rd digit of the tire code refers to the Spare tire.
xx4 Tire Quantity = 4 (Less Spare)
xx5 Tire Quantity = 5 (With Spare)

The 135 code on the two fender tags above Decodes to 7.00 x 13 White walls 2-4 ply steel with spare.
If it was 134 it would Decode to 7.00 x 13 White walls 2-4 ply steel without spare.
We know it could be done as the tag from the original poster has a tire code of 284
Help decoding the fender tag on my LP27D7

Alan

For 1967 284 Tire Decodes as D70 x 14 Red 2-4 Ply Nylon-Special without spare
Yes, we know that.

Dana was asking your thoughts on the ordering as it doesn't show up on the Dart option list.

Alan

Mine and the OPs are both front disk cars. So require 14 inch wheels.

My buddies has front drum.

My car decides to 14" black
Side wall.

Same as the build sheets and the bill of sale call for.

Not on an old car, but some time after we bought our 2020 Elantra I found out that not only did it not come with a spare, it didn't come with a jack. I did, however, come with a small air compressor. I bought a jack off ebay and bought a full-size spare wheel and tire. I thought it was a dumb idea.

true, no "branded" rallye wheels in 67, BUT the D70 - 14 tires came on 5.5 inch wide steel wheels - exact offset and configuration as the later rallye wheels.

A friend is working on a 6 cylinder 67 2 door post that has those wheels, the sway bar and KH discs. Where and what is the code for the rallye package and the disc brakes???

Rallye package code was 357 in 1967 (368 in 1966). According to my OLD code book it seems like it is not on the fender tag. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this info, though.

Rallye package code was 357 in 1967 (368 in 1966). According to my OLD code book it seems like it is not on the fender tag. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this info, though.
The Plymouth Formula S is 367 F-7, I bet the Dart is also F-7

Alan

Window sticker, Rallye suspension in 67 dart is 624.

Note 21 on BOS is 6.95 x14 BSW tire.

Screenshot_20230902-020504.png

624 ibm punch card
Screenshot_20230902-022157.png

Last edited:
You are correct Jim.

Here is the Window Sticker for my Ole Blue.

No Sales Code shown on it but 357 is what Galen's book shows.

Ole Blue Window Sticker.jpg

I have 2 pristine build sheets for my car and access to another 67 dart convert fender tag.

We might be able to piece together what some of the codes mean.

Your fender tag is very close to mine.

But mine is a split bench with no power anything and tinted front window only.

It is a factory front disk car with the Rallye package. Sway bar, hd ball joints, 6 leaf rear springs.
Sounds like you have the 273 4 bbl option.

-
Back