Help I had an accident today ...

-
What a drag! Glad you are ok and nobody else was hurt. I am sure you will have her fixed up again.

Need some inner fenders and a core support? Just message and well get you fixed up!!

Absolutely going to need at least the core support. I appreciate the offer and I will let you know as soon as I find out what the insurance is going to do.

Damn, dude, I'm glad you're OK. These guys are right; it should not be too difficult to repair, based on your pictures. I know parts have been getting scarce for our old cars, but think of those that never lasted one year out of the factory.

By the way if you're not satisfied with what the Insurance Co offers you can usually persuade them to give more. What they pay out to fix our cars is small change compared to the new cars.

Remember to NOT let the insurance company total out your car and give you a stupid value on the vehicle. When I was in an accident in 2005 a woman turned in front of me and failed to yield to my right of way an I tweaked my front bumper, grille, hood, and passenger door. The insurance company tried to lowball ne into a total loss of $2000.00 but I sent them receipts of work I did on the vehicle and DEMANDED to either be paid what I had invested in the vehicle or for them to repair the damages. Well this worked because they ended up paying to repair the car. Good Luck and keep us posted. It happens man so do not beat yourself over it. Best thing is you were not hurt.

I got caught out in a massive hailstorm in a '66 Dart 270 (I had comprehensive on the car). The Insurance company offered me $2500.00 and they kept the car or $2000.00 to me to keep the car. The $400.00 represents the salvage value of the car and 100.00 the deductible on the policy.

What the insurance company is willing to do is going to depend on the coverage you had on the car. If you had only the minimum required by your state, you'll probably not going to get any help from insurance. Suggest you read the policy before you sit down with the insurance company reps. If they're obligated to pay, DusterManiac's ideas are good.

Depends on the insurance company he has. If he has a collector car insurance company, then there is an agreed value on the car and they will repair without totaling the car.
I feel for you. In 2005 I was rear ended in my '69 cougar. I got stuck behind an idiot not going when the light turned green and an idiot lady not paying attention that rear ended me at about 25-30 mph. Sandwiched the cougar. Both 1/4's buckled, rear pushed in, front damaged. $7000 in damages. We fixed it. Nice thing about these old cars is they were built with mild steel so you can pull them back into shape with a little massaging. Yes, the original 1/4's on that cougar were pulled back perfectly.

-
Back