Help!! im confused!!!!

-
balance and bearings will be the biggest thing. A turbo spins in the 100,000 rpm range (some slower and some faster) so balance and tolerances are critical. You get what you pay for.

well I guess I can start off with, I hear of 60mm turbos and 67 mm turbos, then gt45 and t60 t66. what size are they referring to exactly?? I would like to use a set of the gt45's off e bay for startes then if they fail upgrade to something better. Im planning on staying injected and running the comp 274 cam on forged internals possibly 392 stroker.
14 lbs of boost. ok now i need opinions.....
DON'T BUY EBAY CHINESE GARBAGE.

Ok in order to select a proper turbo there are must have details.

How much power are you wanting, honestly?

Drag car, street car, or street/strip car?

What rpms are you intending to spin?

Single or twin? Twins is more expensive

The car will basically be a street car and im looking for 800-1000 hp on a twin turbo set up. Max rps 6,800 Fuel injected, pump fuel. 3:55 gears and a833 non o/d 4 spd.

I could be mistaken, but that should net you well over 700hp. A 392 set up correctly should net close to 500 to the wheels alone. And if you follow the 14psi=100% increase in power rule of thumb it should net close to 1000hp. Although that is just a rule of thumb assuming everything is done perfectly and sized correctly. That's huge money. I have less than 1700 so far in my system and I have the turbos, wastegates and blow off valve. I still gotta buy all the plumbing, flanges couplers ect. I'm guessing I'll drop another 700 to 900 for the rest of it.

the turbos you posted are nice though I would like to have them they area few steps up from my garret's.

The 392 will be a very de tuned motor, running 8.5:1 compression. the 700 hp is a very realistic number on a very mild street tune and not spinning over 6500 rps. The turbos can easily net over 1000 hp if tuned for a more race application. I could probably safey bring in 800 hp by leaning it out and revving to 7500 but the egt's will go thru the roof and probably take the paint off my hood. Every thing is a compromise, just keep in mind this is a street car and not a race car. The main reason for increasing the cid was to be able to get to the gt40 turbo range and stay out of the surge zone on the compressor map other wise i think id run a pair of to4e's .60 a/r and stay with the 5.7. Going to a single gt45 could also be an option but it lacks the "wow" factor and would spool a little slower.

even with 8.5 cr, the right cam choice and head choice will net you big power. Your only talking a little over 1 point of compression. So how muchpower could you loose 30hp? (talking N/A here for just the motor) I think you will make muchmore power than you think but there is only one way to find out..........

hell my 5.7 with cam and heads (and all the other bolt ons) made 370 to the wheels in my daily driver 04 dodge ram. And if you factor in driveline loss (close to 28% for the rams) your talking almost 500 flywheel hp. And that was before I hit it with a 150 shot of nitrous. 370 to the wheels on a worn out 100,000 mile short block Is not to shabby. I think your under rating the potential of the new hemi. But hey more power is just an added bonus.

under rating the hp is fine. It will just be an added bonus when you make more power. But it's not ok when your building the rest of the drivetrain. I would hate to see someone think they are going to make 500hp ad build the trans and rear end to handle 500hp, and then find out they are making 750 or more and end up spending more money to fix all the broken driveline parts. Build it once and have it dependable that's what I'm trying to do. I just got most of the components for my fuel system and it should support way more power than I could ever want. Why so that I don't ever have to worry and not haveing enough fuel as upgrades progress down the road. Over build everything. That's my plan.

on a side note. It appears that currently we are the only 2 that are building modern hemi twin turbo a bodies. (i could be wrong but I have not seen any others) and for that reason alone we stand out from the crowd. So I can't wait to see how your build come out. Reguardless of thepower levels. We can benchtop race all day long in the end the parts that we buy will end up telling the story.

Im still working on a couple of other projects right now, have to paint this damn camero and get rid of it so i have some room in the garage then i can bring the duster home and get the engine sat in it then i will have a better idea of how to set it up. It looks like the pass side header is going to be a ***** to make due to clearance. then trying to route all the plumbing ..... oh well it will be fun when its all done. Im keeping my eyes open for a spare motor just in case also.

under rating the hp is fine. It will just be an added bonus when you make more power. But it's not ok when your building the rest of the drivetrain. I would hate to see someone think they are going to make 500hp ad build the trans and rear end to handle 500hp, and then find out they are making 750 or more and end up spending more money to fix all the broken driveline parts. Build it once and have it dependable that's what I'm trying to do. I just got most of the components for my fuel system and it should support way more power than I could ever want. Why so that I don't ever have to worry and not haveing enough fuel as upgrades progress down the road. Over build everything. That's my plan.

on a side note. It appears that currently we are the only 2 that are building modern hemi twin turbo a bodies. (i could be wrong but I have not seen any others) and for that reason alone we stand out from the crowd. So I can't wait to see how your build come out. Reguardless of thepower levels. We can benchtop race all day long in the end the parts that we buy will end up telling the story.

Well make that 3 of us now. I'm not wanting a gas guzzling big block or 2nd gen hemi any more. I'm going for a more tame street friendly 1000whp and 20mpg a body. I'm gonna do megasquirt and msd ignition to run the coils. Going to try to use a glide so I can get the best 1/8 and 1/4 performance I can get. Then add a gv od at the end of it for highway driving. I've got to be able to run deep in the 8's and drive to and from reliably. I'm like you guys, I want something unique from the rest. This should be close. I'm torn on a single 91mm to twin 76's.

-
Back