Help In Identifying Billet Distributor

-

opnwhlracer

Reaction score
I picked this thing up on e-bay recently for a real good price. The seller identified it as the MP billet dist., but this is a multiple piece unit with a non-stock pick up coil. I thought the MP unit was one piece with a stock pick up coil and breaker rotor. So I am turning to our resident experts here to see if we can ID this thing. There are no marks or numbers anywhere on it. It is a beautiful piece, well made and heavy duty and I would love to run it. The post office mangled the box and the cap was in a dozen pieces, so I need to get one of those for sure, and the pick up coil insulator is kind of loose so I want to get a new one of those, but I need to know what I have first. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 122
Has a top plate with a bearing fitted in.

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 126
Top part has pick up coil and advance mechanism.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 115
Bottom section drives the whole deal and that's about it. Like I said, it's a real nice piece.

Attachments

• IMG_0020.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0018.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 106
First thing is to "spring" the rotor and see which way it moves.

A small block rotates CW, so you can "spring" the rotor CW, and the advance springs will RETURN the rotor CCW

Big block is opposite, and of course the B/ RB shafts are different length

I have pretty much confirmed to myself that it's for a small block. It does spring back counterclockwise and it fits in my LA bare block in the correct position for the drive tang to engage. Here's whats left of the cap:

Attachments

• IMG_0022.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 91
-
Back