Help make this go viral please....

-
My wife takes in Cats that have been neglected. We have them with missing legs and missing eyes. I bought a 14x10 play house she fixed into a mini house for them. Heat and air. Upstairs window with a small second floor... 20 lbs of dry food every month and to many cans to count. That does not include the Litter. and we have 5 shelter dogs.

My wife takes in Cats that have been neglected. We have them with missing legs and missing eyes. I bought a 14x10 play house she fixed into a mini house for them. Heat and air. Upstairs window with a small second floor... 20 lbs of dry food every month and to many cans to count. That does not include the Litter. and we have 5 shelter dogs.

That is super cool. God bless yall.

Here is the latest Scruff-update. The heater is 32" tall. Last weigh in at the vet he was 19 pounds. lol Hard to believe this is the same cat.

BIG SCRUFF.jpg

not a cat person but hat see any thing abused!!! need to pester your state legislators to pass a law similer to nc's sophies law!!! hurt animals here you go to jail! stuff hits my fighting side hard!!!!! ol cat looks rather healthy!! good of yall to take care of it!!!!

19 is a big cat.

Our two largest are in the 16 range and they're pretty big.

My childhood street brawler cat was 19 near the end when he was sickly.

I'm liking your new avatar.

Go loo at this pictures in the beginning of the thread. No way wouldda thought he would be this big. We didn't expect him to live.

Well he ain't saved yet. He's bleedin out of his little wewe so he may have some internal injuries. We are hopin getting him all cleaned up and fed and watered will help. He ate a ton of food and drank a lot of water and milk tonight. So that's good at least.

Don't give them milk, its actually bad for them. If its eating and drinking OK. Watch the stools for blood also urine if no traces
its probably OK .

thats a sweet heart , people can be f..g *** holes . why would you treat an creature that way . i've got a heard of rescues i've taking in . and we feed a other heard outside as well . he will be a great kiddy for you . you could name him roadrash . i've got bubba-roomba , bobo , seira , spiko , hennypenny , louie , rocket , gertrude , budnick , bambi , angie , rossco , ryley , peekaboo 2 . their funner to watch then any tv or cable show .

rrr , twenty coming at you for the kitties vet visit . paypal friends n family . no fees that way . thanks for being big hearted .

rrr , twenty coming at you for the kitties vet visit . paypal friends n family . no fees that way . thanks for being big hearted .

Thank you very much, Paul. But this thread is about three years old......as is Scruff now. He weighs over 19 pounds now. We just rescued another one that spent the last year in a small cage. She is part tabby and calico...really pretty. I certainly can throw your gift into the kitty food and vet fun but I would rather return it. I will leave it up to you. This is our newest addition. Her name was "Monroe" which we thought didn't suit her, so we call her "Medley" now, because she is a medley of color! She has opened up a good bit being out of the cage.

KITTY AND MEDLEY.jpg

rrr just use it for food or your vet fund . i've had a number of calicos over time , and rocket is the tortus shell and gertrude and angie are calicos from kitties to cats . and rocket with her kitties rossco n ryley da red .
DSC09779.JPG
DSC01377.JPG
DSC00870.JPG
DSC06841.JPG
DSC06552.JPG
DSC08091.JPG

We just got back from feeding the feral colony next door to where my wife works.

She feeds them weekday mornings and we both try to go on Saturday.

Today we had 13 takers and we know there are about 3-4 more, plus another 10 in the back yard across the street, where the only other friendly soul in that neighborhood lives.

We've caught and "fixed" all but one of the adults and most of the ones in that back yard.
We've got one more adult female to go, and then we hope the current batch of kittens is the last.

When we started a little over 2 years ago, they were literally dying in the street on a regular basis, were very aggressive with each other, lots had severe eye infections, and were unapproachable, not to mention cranking out dozens of kittens, most of which didn't make it a month.

Today they were cleaning each other, sharing food dishes, and two that I've not been able to touch let me pet them.

TNR (Trap, Neuter, Return) has worked wonders for this colony, with the help of the SPCA and a local 503c TNR clinic that only charges $25 for that and a 3 year rabies vaccine.

Good on both of you guys for giving a damn about some of God's creatures that normally get a very raw deal.

Nice cats yall! Here is the latest Scruff update. Scruff has developed "some kinda" skin allergy. We've been battling it about a year now. It's made him very skiddish and he retreats to under the bed or under "whatever" he can get under and just hides. Well........the vet "FINALLY" hit on something. Now Scruff is real happy as all his allergy sores are now completely gone and healed up. He is one happy cat now.

SCRUFF April 2019.jpg

Nice cats yall! Here is the latest Scruff update. Scruff has developed "some kinda" skin allergy. We've been battling it about a year now. It's made him very skiddish and he retreats to under the bed or under "whatever" he can get under and just hides. Well........the vet "FINALLY" hit on something. Now Scruff is real happy as all his allergy sores are now completely gone and healed up. He is one happy cat now.

View attachment 1715316989
What did they 'hit on" ??

View attachment 1715316989

He looks like he's lost some weight...

He's looking good... :thumbsup:

Sounds sorta like me. I am not anti social, but IF my nearest neighbor is 10-12 miles away, in one direction only, that is fine with me!!!
I keep a VERY small circle of friends...
But.....my wife (and by association myself as well!) has 8 cats, 2 dogs, 2 tortoises and a huge fish tank.....
All animals are rescues except the fish...

Animals - good
People - suck LOL

Jeff

He looks like he's lost some weight...

He's looking good... :thumbsup:

He has lost some weight due to the infections from the sores the allergy caused. But they have cleared completely up now.

-
Back