Help me buy an $80,000 car

-

69conv

error 401
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
https://www.grautogallery.com/vehicles/bw3724/1970-dodge-charger-500 Looking at a 70 Charger.
1970-dodge-charger-500 (2).jpg

I know there are a lot of sharp eyes on this site, any red flags? Going to look in person Monday.

Originally a 318 car, I know nothing about the drop in 440. A little background about me. I had a 68 charger, dark green with a black vinyl top, and an all red 70 charger, so kind of a combination of my 2 cars. Wacha think?

Before I dropped 80K on anything, I'd see it in person.

...and run my hand all over any area that's prone to have body work done.

seems like a lot for an original 318 car. That's dealership up-mark alight.

68-70 are super hot now. And there's a lot of junk and cars that are lipstick on a pig on the market with people trying to cash in.

I'm not a 68-70 crazy charger guy, so that may affect my opinion, but..... I would not give anywhere near 80k for a 318 car.
Numbers matching R/T.... maybe.
I dont think you will find a numbers matching R/T that looks that good for 80 G , I might be wrong tho

What's with the parking brake stuff in this picture? Hard to see, but it looks rigged. Also, the wiper motor and wiring on the firewall don't look like 80K. Seems these dealer cars are always "smoothed over". Where's the trunk floor and floor pan pics?
1728173103880.png

That's not a 80k car. Not even close. Maybe you should start taking to some of your friends.

What's with the parking brake stuff in this picture? Hard to see, but it looks rigged. Also, the wiper motor and wiring on the firewall don't look like 80K.
Thanks for taking a look at the details. I dont mind fixing some stuff but not at that price.

What makes you say that, Rob? Do you see things wrong or is it just a lot of money for that car?

What makes you say that, Rob? Do you see things wrong or is it just a lot of money for that car?
For MY 80 grand, that thing would have to be drop dead perfect. It's not. I get the NOM engine thing, but the paint needs attention and look at the differential housing back. It's rust pitted. If you can see it in the picture, then it's BAD. What else under there is rusted? It has broken emblems, too. I didn't look at every picture, but it ain't an 80K car.

Appreciate you taking a look and pointing those things out. I know pics can hide a lot.

-
Back