Help me buy an $80,000 car

-
I know, I'm seeing a different color diff, and trans fluid leak on the undercarraige. It sounds like a baby cam but the ac compressor is there with no condenser etc. Also some strategically sprayed undercoating as well as overspray under the rockers and rear valance. Just seeing if there anything else I've missed.

Appreciate you taking a look and pointing those things out. I know pics can hide a lot.
Look at all the pictures where they have the flexible ruler. They are pointing out defects. Honest of them, but still it's too much money for that car, IMO. Now........if it had the original drive train in this same condition, then I say yeah, now it might be worth it.

Look at all the pictures where they have the flexible ruler. They are pointing out defects. Honest of them, but still it's too much money for that car, IMO. Now........if it had the original drive train in this same condition, then I say yeah, now it might be worth it.
Are you talking about the original 318? I'd rather have a 440. I wouldn't spend 80k for ANY car with a 318 in it.
Well, maybe a Dual Ghia or something......

Are you talking about the original 318? I'd rather have a 440. I wouldn't spend 80k for ANY car with a 318 in it.
Well, maybe a Dual Ghia or something......
No I am hypothetically saying IF it was a real 440 car and IF it had the original one there.

Looks like an older resto. There are pics where the paint looks like it could use a good buff. Back bumper is crooked. Both bumpers are dented. That back lower pass side lower valance to quarter corner is wanky. Looks like you'll find mud in the lower quarters by the door. Add-on gages under the dash. Paint on trim screws. Paint on wiring. Check that drivers side rocker lap where the quarter meets. For starters.

Overall not a bad car. Just sayin' why my $80k ain't buying it.

Thank you for your observations. Looking for my retirement present to myself and there is no redo.

Here's an example of a NICE car. It's not a Mopar, and it's not a muscle car. I don't know what it's worth. It was in a museum for 61 years and looks almost new! It'll have issues as a result of sitting for so long, but it's nice. I just happen to see it on that site. I like dreaming. lol
6k Original Miles! 1963 Chevrolet Impala

-
Back