Help me win!

-
73dust340, I owe you an apology. I stepped over the line.

Your thread said, "Help Me Win!" and I took it literally.
My enthusiasm got the best of me. Please forgive me.

And I agree with 4flats, that was a classy move!

burg

I wouldn't feel bad about it, the GMC guy was the one that started stacking the deck first, if that's how he wants to play he deserves what he gets..

I'm sure a good bit of both entries votes were padded up. I know a lot of people were playing by the rules, but I've even caught some of my friends voting multiple times. That's just not how I want to win and I don't think FABO would want to be cast in that light. It's just a silly contest and I won't hold it against anyone for getting a little overzealous about helping. I just hope that they can make it more foolproof so I can enter again sometime in the future without worrying about someone gaining an unfair advantage.

I was voting for you every day when I could. It is a classy act to drop out 73dust340 and I salute you. It would be nice of Chevy guy to do the same thing,but I doubt it.

John

dropping out ,might make you sleep better, but really what would you win?

I know someone that was in a JINGLE contest and $5,000 prize

At 1st it was a close vote between 2 people. Then it got out of hand. At one time there were several computers set up to auto vote 24 hours a day. They figured out how to get around the Vote once a day.

In the end the company knew what was happening and instead of them awarding the $5,000 they gave each $500 each.

No matter if it is paper ballot's, computer voting or show of hands, the one with the most FRIENDS win in most cases

I won the Popular Hot Rodding MOTHERS picture of the month. I had summitted a photo of my Dart. I was to get a box with Mothers product.

I didn't ever receive a thing. Contacted PHR and they said they would get it sent out. Then contacted Mothers and heard nothing.

Sometimes contest are just to boost advertising effort with no payoff

I'll add My apology .here 73dust340.Got caught up in this,and I am sorry. I respect your wanting to win on your own merits.And thank you for keeping us honest and setting a good example to follow.

I'll add My apology .here 73dust340.Got caught up in this,and I am sorry. I respect your wanting to win on your own merits.

X2, next time we'll just push the thumbs up button once :)
Don't hesitate to enter it when it is finished, that is one sweet looking ride.

-
Back