help! please.

-
Before deciding to ditch your EGR valve, you should properly diagnose it first to assure that it is the problem. You may end up chasin your tail if you don't diagnose first. Do you have a factory service manual for your car? I mean a CHRYSLER service manual. Not Haynes or Chilton. That would be my first move. A service manual.

often you can just take the EGR off and clean it and it will work fine again
bad gas can be due to the station running there tanks near empty and sucking all the crap off the bottom

Stroker i was thinking about getting one. where can i purchase a chrysler service book? online?

Ill pull the egr valve off and try to clean it and see if it works. the more i think about it makes alot of sense. i can replace the gasket and ill fire up the car and see if she will idle.

FIXED!!! i cleaned the EGR valve. Nothing. So we sat here for days. I was actually on here reading a forum then all of a sudden i heard the drone of a slant 6. Huh? So i go outside and my dads standing there with a smug look on his face. He figured it out. The plugs needed to be re gapped because they were all off. Some were even close to touching. SO he re gapped them but then the alternator dial was still pegged. Then we looked under the hood and we looked at eachother at the same time. The voltage regulator was HOT. It was fried. Picked up new belts and a regulator at autozone. FInally someone smart that works there he had a couple a bodies back in the day. Now she purs like a kitten.

Thank you everyone for all the help and answering my stupid questions. You have been such a great help and have been patient with me. Thank you!

Now i gotta go back to listening to my dads crap about how Fords are better blah blah blah his pony is better blah blah blah. Ford.....get real dad. Mustangs are like assholes, everyone has one. Besides its a b**** car.

my car did the same thing,it would cut off when slowing down for a turn or red light,and the amp gauge went nuts..i put in a new alternator and never had anymore trouble out of it..

-
Back