help pricing my 1967 Barracuda

-

aarong5

Aaron Grimes
Reaction score
I may have decided to sell the car to help get caught up on bills and other things. my question is what would you guys honestly value the car at. and what do you think would be an honest sell it in a few days price.

it has drum manual brakes with manual steering with a little play in the wheels. some tares in the front seats and a 7 1/4 rear end. however I do have an 8 3/4 to go with it. it has a crate mancini racing 360 engine with a crate 727 trans. both that are have been in the car since 2009
the paint is 5-6 years old with some chips and a few rust bubbles starting to show on the bottom. it has new floor boards and I'm sure I am forgetting a lot of things. I spent over $20,000 fixing this car through school and am by no means expecting to get anything near that back. just trying to get a ball park from someone.

Please note these pictures are a couple years old, the steering wheel is back to original with some cracks in it. It's just cold and I don't have it cleaned up right now but other than small rust bubbles and the engine being kinda dirty thats how it looks.

Attachments

• cuda1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 221
  • cuda2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 197
  • cuda3.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 208
I looked at a solid 69 340 fastback a while back that was priced at $9500, probably your ball park!!

I tried to match it to what it was when I got it.... Some kinda gm color from the 90's I think... Sad to say haha

If only these cars were worth what we put in them. I use the same method that Oklacarcollecto suggested. I don't pay any attention to any of the eBay ads of vehicles that didn't sell. I do tend to take notice of location because it does seem to affect price. From what I've seen, B-bodies and E-bodies sell better than A-bodies. And if money was my only consideration I'd probably never even consider rebuilding a C-body. As rare as 'Lil Red Express trucks are, you almost never see one selling for over $15000. - No matter how nice. When I purchased my '67 Barracuda a few years back I gave $7000 for it. It was missing a lot of interior tinwork, needed to be totally rewired, and just a 318 904 7&1/4. Hidden under the paint was a lot of body damage and rust. Your car looks MUCH nicer. - And you've got a better drivetrain. Unless I really needed to make a quick sale, I wouldn't part with it for under $12000. I'm into mine for around $15000 right now (not including my own labor) with new quarters, fiberglass front end, 4 wheel disc brakes, upholstery, tires, wheels, fresh drivetrain including a Dana 60 (and a whole mess of other new goodies). I'd be surprised if I'd ever get my $$ back out of it. I guess we didn't choose these cars because we wanted to get rich.

Nothing jumps out that says buy me - wrong color - wheels - cut dash for aftermarket stereo - wrong radiator hoses - manual brakes with probably drums all around looks like manual steering I'm not a big fan of these anyway I prefer the notch backs sorry but looks like things were just tossed on with no plan for final outcome maybe the pictures don't do it justice If it were me buying it 5-7 K then start all over again it does appear to have several nice pieces

-
Back