Hemi MDS disable

-
I have a MDS motor in mine that's FAST XFI controlled. The MDS stuff is simply not hooked up, but still in place. I have the comp 268 xfi cam as well, and the car runs more than OK like that... I don't know about the factory ECU but I'm guessing it can be disabled there too.

Joe

I have a MDS motor in mine that's FAST XFI controlled. The MDS stuff is simply not hooked up, but still in place. I have the comp 268 xfi cam as well, and the car runs more than OK like that... I don't know about the factory ECU but I'm guessing it can be disabled there too.

Joe

Thanks Joe, is it a separate wiring harness to the solenoids you can remove or did you just cut the wiring to them?

I know there is 4 located under the intake manifold but that's about it

Dave

There is a connector near the back of the intake (if i recall) that disconnects a small harness that run to those 4 sensors. I only know because I had to take all the factory stuff off mine for my FAST harness. I dont know if just disconnecting them will throw a code with the factory ECU/harness

JOE

You can also use a Diable In-tune and just shut it off.

You can also use a Diable In-tune and just shut it off.

I would think this would be the best route, so you kill the system, (lifters, fuel, & whatever) not just disable some of the parts...

From my 300C experience and the older Diablo tuners you could disable MDS with the tuner. You can of course install non-MDS lifters if you want to completely remove the system, but the heads need to come off to do that.

From my 300C experience and the older Diablo tuners you could disable MDS with the tuner. You can of course install non-MDS lifters if you want to completely remove the system, but the heads need to come off to do that.

I am running a hotwire auto harness so hopefully leaving it disconnected will just be fine. If not, then I will have to have a diable tuned to disable it.

I do have replacement non mds lifters, valve springs etc but might save them for when I do a cam upgrade....

-
Back