Hemi Yes or No

-
Thank you OMM; Precisely the point I was trying to make.

You might all want to note that the modern Nascar 358 will
likely easily make more power (in the neighborhood of 800)
than any old style sub-500 cu. in. street based engine (no
power adders) be it wedge, Hemi or otherwise.

Such is how advanced the design of this dedicated piece.

:thumbup:

And also to Stroked340 You did have me thinking RPM's again nothing sounds like 340 a 7k I had lots of fun with mine.

Thanks Everyone
Bob

How about the sound of a HEMI @7500??I just read the thread,time for me to "catch up"

Thanks Guy's this has given me some good info. The whole small block Hemi thing or big block thing will never be solved thats just racing but I will say this all the big dollar real fast cars have big cubes and most have Hemi styled heads wether or not they are even mopars, so there has to be something about the Hemi that works.

Hemi's just plain get respect small blocks are allways fighting for it, some small blocks are very fast but thats not allways point.
It is all about the "valve covers":mrgreen:

Attachments

• DISTRIBUTE 003.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 207
Clyde77Springnats.jpg

In the evening at my hotel. Looking out the door of my room at Clyde
Hodges servicing Don Carlton's Hemi Colt. Less than a month after winning
the Comp title at the Springnationals, Carlton would die when he crashed
this car in a testing accident at Milan, Michigan July 5. He was my hero.
Here is the transporter Don Carlton picked up on friday,the day before that dreadfull accident.Lou built the truck for Chrysler out of Canada and went to lou for the transporter body.Carlton picked up the unlettered truck friday and passed on the next day testing for the race on sunday.The truck went back to Lou and shortly after that,the truck was sold to Martin Industries{of Sox & Martin}S&M picture given to me by Stuart P,thanks Stu!!The truck is now owned by Joe C in Great Neck NY.

Attachments

• AL TOWING 012 - Copy.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 215
  • sox-martin-truck.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 210
ok, you got me... its probably more like 475 Horse :dontknow: :lol::lol::lol:

actually the cruise nights around here are pretty entertaining. lots of serous race cars rolling around. i need to add a couple NO2 plates before i talk any smack to some of these guys....
In these parts,there is a cruze night EVERY night except Sunday & Monday:toothy9:

Attachments

• IMG_0115.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_2020.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_1070.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 198
  • GLEN COVE 2010 011 (6).jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 202
No thanks most hemi owners i've met have their heads up their arses and think because they own a hemi they're something special..NOT.. everybody and their mother has one people stuff them in everything now..maybe back in the day they might have been something not anymore...

Maybe there are more out there now but so are stroked small blocks, you say that the small block is so much better but if this is your argument then why try and build it bigger why use aftermarket heads, crank, blocks it's because bigger engines make more power period. The new heads are nothing like the OEM's sure they do this for all motors today even the Hemi but if you look at the OEM's original designs nothing even came close to the Hemi for power potential that is why that design still dominates drag racing today. Many rules have been made to bring brand X into the competion. When you compaire Mopar to Mopar there was only ever one engine that came close and that was the 6pack 440 but that motor could only run with the Hemi for a short bit and then the heads couldn't breath well enough to keep up. So as far as i'm concerned your argument comes up short like said before I would happily put my stock motor, block unported cast original heads stock crank intake and exhaust up against your small block. They just are not in the same class.

Also to say Hemi owners have thier heads up there *** sounds more like someone who wishes they could have one but just can't quite make it happen. I for one wished I could own one since I was kid and can now afford this little indulgence in my life I have worked hard to get to this point in my life. Yes I could have an engine with more power and spend less money but thats not what I want so does that make me an arrogent *** I don't think so, I enjoy all types of cars but when it comes to a muscle car this is what gets my blood pumping and the Hemi was the engine to have when I was young so thats what I got now. Hemi's rule always have and always will and those few who get to be caretakers of these original pieces of muscle history are very blessed.

Now,getting to the HEMI build in hand here,all I wish to convey to you is "BOOST IS A WONDERFULL THING!!"On pump gas & boost,,,,,,800 to 900 hp is really quite doable.Add octane & sum mo boost and guess what????!000 plus.

Attachments

• 2009-04-25-1531-04.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 198
  • 2009-04-24-1735-00_edited.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 200
  • 7-12-09-BSD-SUN%20355[1].jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 193
  • 7-12-09-BSD-SUN%20352[1].jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 192
  • 7-9-06-BSD-Sun%20779.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 191
  • 5-21-S6%20067.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 201
  • 5-21-S6_066.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 100_4841.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 206
Hemi Itis those are some sweet pics thanks for joining the thread if you got any thoughts on my motor setup chime in I just sent the motor to the machine shop to get started still trying to pick a cam. Motor is going to be 40 over just to make sure everything is round and I am going to use new modern rods just save some money and lighten things up a bit everything else is stock even the heads, they have never been touched compression 9.8 to 1 going to run pump gas 4/speed and 4.56 gear.

Thanks
Bob

Man you are putting the presure on with those pics thats one bad azz car!!!

For one thing,I do not have my comp licence yet so I'm only allowed to go 10 oh's.The blower is UNDERDRIVEN 13% choking on a pair of holley 6109 double pumpers and 5 lbs of boost with a best of 9.9's at 135mph on pump gas.ARC in NJ recently freshened up the hemi and I bought a pair of SV1 carbs so I can turn the wick up.I street drive over 2500 miles a year!!My goal is 8 second time slips with good gas and 15 lbs of boost.OH,by the way,my junk weighs 3850 with my fat *** in the car:pirate:

Attachments

• DSCN0037r2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1724.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1722.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 202
  • SV1'S 022.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 208
  • SV1!!!!!!!!!! 004.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 206
  • SV1'S 018.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 210
  • SV1'S 017.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 200
Very cool stuff maybe we can keep this thred going for the Hemi guys to share there info would be very helpful, they have small block threds and big block threds and even the new Hemi swaps but us guys have to fit in where we can. The Hemi has it's own following and it's own unique problems and issues this would be a good place to share and maybe the newbys like me can learn a thing or two about these monsters. Hey maybe if it go's on long enough the powers that be might give us our own section.

Welcome Hemi-Itis....thanks for joining the discussion on Skypowers' thread....I'm envious of the cruise action in your area(sorry Stroked 340). Let me add...at the risk of soundin' west coastal...you got a bitchin' ride!!

Well. I have never seen carbs like that before!

Love the license plate frame LOL......

Here is a link for info on the taters pro systems sv1

And the plate frame,,,,,,this year after I get my competition licence,it should be upgraded to "BE BACK IN 8 SECONDS":mrgreen:

And for the peeps with small ah,,,er,,,ahhem,,,,BLOCKS,,,that's yer choice:jocolor:

Attachments

• IMG_1967.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1966.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1962.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 217
No need for boost to make 800-900 hp on pump gas with a Hemi, just go big. Have spoken with Tim at http://www.forhemisonly.com/index.html. 572" pump gas motor, as mild as it he can possibly build it makes over 770 hp. Claims he can get 900 on pump gas......

No need for boost to make 800-900 hp on pump gas with a Hemi, just go big. Have spoken with Tim at http://www.forhemisonly.com/index.html. 572" pump gas motor, as mild as it he can possibly build it makes over 770 hp. Claims he can get 900 on pump gas......
I agree those HP numbers can be had without boost,but I'm now a boost junkie:toothy9:But what else has the WOW factor of a blown hemi???

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1744.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_1746.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1747.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 219
For now I will be going n/a just want the nastalgic look but with me you never know I have turbo GSXR1000 so I do like the boost.

Have you ordered one yet, this place has a good rep and can build a nice one for you http://www.opelengineering.com/, there's a lot of hemis popping up in the Chicago area so not sure about the wow factor at least around here that is usually stowed upon the ford GT&GT-40's, convert judges, and yenkos that show up in my area

Have you ordered one yet, this place has a good rep and can build a nice one for you http://www.opelengineering.com/, there's a lot of hemis popping up in the Chicago area so not sure about the wow factor at least around here that is usually stowed upon the ford GT&GT-40's, convert judges, and yenkos that show up in my area

Yes I have a 66 original block, heads and crank all very nice they are going to the machine shop next week to start the build sure hope my wife dosen't read this.

Yes I have a 66 original block, heads and crank all very nice they are going to the machine shop next week to start the build sure hope my wife dosen't read this.
Don't let her on the computer.......

For now I will be going n/a just want the nastalgic look but with me you never know I have turbo GSXR1000 so I do like the boost.
That scooter is new school,I still have my old '85 GS1150 that is 1291cc,g3 cams yada yada,,,,,,,,and nitrous since 1985:pirate:

What will you use for induction???I still have my tunnel ram with 2 6109 holley's and the scoop!

-
Back