Hemidenny K member club?

-

johnparts

Slammed 1
Reaction score
So guys I would love to have discussions about my awesome K member and throw things around in our little group about things I've found out and maybe things you other members of the hemidenny k club have experienced. Alignment preferences, ride heights, racks, sway bar settings, things like that. So let's talk.

Great idea, I am very interested also. I have the Standard HemiDenny K-frame, with the Mustang II manual rack, Mustang II 2" drop spindles, the 1" sway bar option, and the optional upper shock hoops.

Jr what is your final ride height looking like right now at say the rocker? You went with paint on your parts too was that budget driven or was powder coat not an option?

I painted mine with Rustoleum hammered paint as a budget option. I ran low on spendable money and figured this is where I can cut as it is easy to touch up and the car would not be driven in the winter. Not installed in the car yet as I was reaching that point and recently switched to a different, much nicer car.

Subscribing! :-D

John, did you get my reply email? I've had some issues with the business account this weekend and some are going through and others aren't.

I will be a member of this club......hopefully sometime this year....

i have a denny kit, sitting in my house still because the car is awaiting some body work.

i'll join the club as long as denny buys the beer!

Ok so since I started this one I'll list my specs.

LA Superslammer K, Manual rack, ride height at rear K-member bolt 11", frame rail 5", 20" wheels, All speedway motors Stainless rod ends, Moog ball joints, 1" sway bar (coming soon) I will be powder coating with black/silver hammer tone hopefully. I am complementing the front with a triangulated 4 link in the rear.

IMAG0147_zpse3c121da.jpg

IMAG0145_zpse5bba6e0.jpg

IMAG0168_zpsa0fea7dd.jpg

IMAG0165_zps46af8b93.jpg

IMAG0161_zpsc2d7107d.jpg

IMAG0160_zps8d787200.jpg

Here are some pictures. I'm going to do a full install write up soon.

johnsparts, did you get the tie rod ends that Denny suggests?

johnsparts, did you get the tie rod ends that Denny suggests?

Actually that's what Denny and I were talking about today. I got what I will refer to as filler tie rods. These are 1980 Thunderbird tie rods. They are taller then stock but not quite enough to work completely so I will order the fat man tie rods. These will work to get the car rolling around the shop though. :D

Denny, is there a website for your suspension products? I will be putting together a 71 Duster with a 5.7 with A-518 for the street soon. I like the idea of eliminating the torsion bars and adjustable shocks. Also want some ideas on rear suspensions too.

Bill

Just got a e-mail from Denny,Mine is boxed and on it's way--Swifter

I am thrilled to be a member. My frame rails are at 4" AFF all the parts were ordered as specified by Denny. MII power steering R&P I welded a couple of "load transfer plates" at the UCA locations before Denny came up with the upper shock hoops. I love how tight everything tucks under the car.
I painted mine with black epoxy primer then the base color followed with clear.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000182.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 5,635
  • WP_000086.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 5,481
Got a nice surprise on Friday----HDK member here--Steve

have been collecting all the expensive parts for my 69 340 console shift 4 speed dart for the last 2 years. dennys k showed up last month. finishing 67 gt now , hope to get back to the 69 by december. nw dart

-
Back