Hemidenny K member club?

-
I'm willing to go out on a limb and say Jr and Paulo speak from experience.

The weather has put delays on many things this winter along with my HDK but I'm real sure it's well worth the wait

Yes.....and as dodge71demon so blatently threatened to do, he showed
up with his wife in their menacing Subaru station wagon to retrieve his
complete HDK suspension package. He even scooped up Denny's cat
Scruffs and presented him to his cat-loving wife. Scruffs was mortified
but the rest of us had a good time. Here are two Hot Rodders as Denny
explains some of the benefits and features of the HDK setup.

Dennys022114006_zps9e9d6a3d.jpg

Denny, I know when the kit comes and you talk to people about ride height you mention drilling holes in a piece of flat steel and moving the holes till the ride is right. I have found using 2 7" turnbuckles works fast and easy.You can tweak it anywhere you want in seconds. Just a quick tip

Attachments

• Picture 174.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 663
  • Picture 175.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 668
  • Picture 154.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 715
Buy the way my wife's car is a Suzuki had a long day on Friday but well worth it got home at 7:30 and crashed around 8:30 but I was up real early with excitement to start on the HDK and wanted to get it in before the crowd gathered to stare with amazement. Everything went real smooth I'm doing a complete mockup then I will dissemble and paint everything. Here's a few pictures and yes Denny I flipped the ball joints like you advised me to do the only thing I see is that the bottom bolt of the shock tower support landed on a bump in the inner fender metal I'll probably make a step washer to compensate for this

Attachments

• DSCF0275.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 658
  • DSCF0276.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 665
  • DSCF0278.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 667
Buy the way my wife's car is a Suzuki had a long day on Friday but well worth it got home at 7:30 and crashed around 8:30 but I was up real early with excitement to start on the HDK and wanted to get it in before the crowd gathered to stare with amazement. Everything went real smooth I'm doing a complete mockup then I will dissemble and paint everything. Here's a few pictures and yes Denny I flipped the ball joints like you advised me to do the only thing I see is that the bottom bolt of the shock tower support landed on a bump in the inner fender metal I'll probably make a step washer to compensate for this

I think I understand the excitement....just like Christmas when you were 10....right?

or in your youth when you first got your hands on a big pair of.....oh well, never mind.

Denny, I know when the kit comes and you talk to people about ride height you mention drilling holes in a piece of flat steel and moving the holes till the ride is right. I have found using 2 7" turnbuckles works fast and easy.You can tweak it anywhere you want in seconds. Just a quick tip

Good tip....cheap...and works perfecto!!

BTW...NOW included with the K package is a set of shock / ride height simulators to simunlate the ride height / stance of the QA1 coilovers most common used on my package.

I like to tweek the sway bar attachment hardware by shortening up their center spacer and cutting the bottom poly bushing thickness down about 50%....then use a shorter bolt with the head coming up from the bottom.....it tucks the hardware up a tad.

curious....how long did it take you o put that in there?

More than likely , the sump is too far forward for optimum rack location. Not that it possibly cannot be used, but for maximum performance of the rack, the rack needs to as parallel as possible to the outer tie rod ends.

More than likely , the sump is too far forward for optimum rack location. Not that it possibly cannot be used, but for maximum performance of the rack, the rack needs to as parallel as possible to the outer tie rod ends.

That's how I like to set them up! :happy6: LOL

Denny, did you get a chance to drive the Barracuda?

Winter's been too long!

Sure would like to see some progress reports and photos
from HDK club member builds.

Denny and I are on our way to the Indy Cylinder Head product show
and swap meet.

If you want to see some HDK's up close and personal, we will be there
all day Saturday.

Hope to see many of you there!

Good tip....cheap...and works perfecto!!

BTW...NOW included with the K package is a set of shock / ride height simulators to simunlate the ride height / stance of the QA1 coilovers most common used on my package.

My apologies if this was stated, but which QA1 coilover are you referencing? I want to be on the lookout for a sale like the autozone 20%.

Denny and I are on our way to the Indy Cylinder Head product show
and swap meet.

If you want to see some HDK's up close and personal, we will be there
all day Saturday.

Hope to see many of you there!

I have my REBATE form filled out and I will see you there don't run and hide
if you see me coming

Hide??????? Why...she said she was 18....plus she said the money was for school

motor - tranny in for mock up

Attachments

• DSCF0284.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 473