Henry here

-

cli55er

Tem Greene's Nephew
Reaction score
some of you may know Tem Greene. I'm his nephew.

i have a 1970 Swinger and it has been in the family since 1989. it is in major need of TLC mechanically.

i'm currently collecting parts to replace all the overworked parts.

This car belonged to my Dad up till about a year ago.

I grew up helping my uncle work on his B bodies from time to time. some of you may know of his b5 challenger, i helped him put the dash back in it.

i also grew up with the Packard's of my Grandfather's. i have a 55 Clipper that is undergoing a restoration. a slow one.

i will need help figuring out some of the wiring on the dart...its a bit cobbled up in the engine bay. it works...but i dont like the way it looks.

the car is a driver and a local car show goer. nothing super garage queen here.

here are some very old pics of it.

Attachments

• LeesSwinger340Fr.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 112
  • LeesSwinger340IntEng.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 131
I remember your Uncle Tem....He had quite an extensive knowledge of the Mopar hobby!!

Welcome to FABO & really nice Dart 8)

Welcome, I'm sure someone here will be able to point you in the right direction to help cure your wiring woes, lots of knowledgeable members here. I can certainly relate to the "keeping it in the family" line of thinking and applaud you for that. The Swinger looks pretty nice, got any more recent pics of it?

Was Tem 68 runner on here.I remember now .He was a mod on fbbo.Knew a lot of tech. I remember he was working on a white 72 Duster

thanks to everyone for the welcome. I believe my Uncle was 69rrunner?? not sure, i'd have to search on the FBBO. he was an encyclopedia of mopar knowledge. i surely miss him. the last thing i did with him was pulled the motor out of my Packard to restore and that was all she wrote.

i did come to his rescue on the little red express. front springs were giving him a fit.

the white duster was sold, it wasn't anything valuable as far as rarity, but it did have a nice sounding motor (360 i believe).

i did go to mymopar.com and downloaded the service and carb manuals. i'll use it mostly for reference. this car is an easy one to work on, but i'll need it for the carb settings and the wiring, etc. Then there is my dad, who worked for longhorn dodge for a couple decades, so he knows what he is talking about as well.

The Packard was my first american V8 rebuild and a good one to start on....the dart seems so simple compared to that massive Packard V8. The Packard has a nice little treat for it waiting in the trunk....can you spot it. tehe. I'm in the middle of sanding the clear on it. cleared the original paint for that nice patina.

the Z3, my first hotrod.......been in 2 magazines. many many many many mods, most obvious....the supercharger.

with the 3 cars in the garage i have a nice rotation, so i dont get burnt out on any one in particular. i just rotate the work.

here are some current pics of the dart, along with it's stable mates. its a cramped garage so not the best pics, but hey you get the picture.

i'm going to start a project blog for the dart.

btw....I'm Hank

Attachments

• safsfsafas.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 90
  • hsfgdfd.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 93
  • eerergvsav.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 96
  • egrawgfevadf.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 84
  • rterrfwfwf.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 97