Here I go again

-

HemiPar

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a 71 Swinger that I trying to fix up as a nice daily driver.I am in need of some parts. So last weekend my son and I were out driving around the back roads to find a parts car. As my son drove, we passed a house and i just happen to look in the side yard and what do I see, A 73-76 Dart. That was last weekend. Well I was off yesterday from work so I decided to have a closer look. I stopped and talked to the owner, I asked if it were for sale. He said he would have to think about it. I asked if I could look at it, he said sure. His grandson walked with me and told me that the top comes off the car. It did not look like a vert as i walked toward it, more like a hard top. But when I got to it and looked it was a removable hard top. I guess that sometime over the life of the car a prevous owner cut the top off and made it re-attachable like the early Trailblaser's.
I checked to see what I could use from the car and I can use quite a bit. Like the front brakes big bolt pattern, factory air, and other parts as well. So we went back to the house and I told grandpa I would like to buy the car if he were to get rid of it. Well to my suprise he said he would take $300.00 :tongue9: for it the way it sits.
So all I have to do now is wait for his yard to dry out from all the rain to pick it up. It is a /6 and he said it ran but needed electrial work to get it started.
So soon I will post pics of the top and hope to see how it comes off. I did notice that at the windshield there are clamps like a ver top but not sure how the back was held in place. There is lots of rust where the top meets the car itself from puddling of the water. Also lots of bondo work.
Has anyone else ever seen our A-bodies with removable tops? And the front brakes along make it worth the 300 i will dish out for it, right? Well I should be posting pics as soon as it dries up here and I can get the thing home.
Jeff

I'd say good find. You don't get much for $300 any more these days. Take some pics of that top when you get it. This sounds interesting. You might be able to sell what you don't use as well

Would love to see that. Might be able to sell the car after you get your parts to recoupe some of your costs. (I never find these deals!)

Sounds like a winner to me! I never come across those kind of deals either. But with everything that is usable you should get more than $300 out of it. Plus what you can sell that you don't need.

I did buy the car. Just waiting for the ground to freeze to go pick it up. It does have quite a few parts and picese I can use but I will also sell what I don't need. I don't have that list yet. It has factory air that I plan to put into my car. And with the removal top, well at one time I bet it looked realy good but over the years the bondo has started to crack, peal and come off. I was hoping it had 4.5" bolt pattern but no. Oh well i guess we can't have our cake and eat it to, right? I will keep ya'll posted and put up pics when I can get it home.
Jeff

Can't wait to see pic
Keep us posted and good find Jeff

-
Back