Here we go...2021 12th annual NASCAR "Pick 'Em" Game

-
Well, that didn't last long. For the fifth time in six races nobody picked the race winner, #12 Ryan Blaney.

Congratulations to 'Avispa' (FABO), 'Back in Time' (FABO) and 'Yunick13' (FBBO) for correctly picking the race runner-up, #5 Kyle Larson, and grabbing the -3 runner-up bonus points.

'Avispa' (FABO) had the low net score of the week with -1.0 point.

#5 Kyle Larson was the race leader at the end of Stage 1, #18 Kyle Busch was in 2nd.
#5 Kyle Larson was the race leader at the end of Stage 2, #12 Ryan Blaney was in 2nd.

Here are the game standings following the 2021 Folds of Honor Quik Trip 500 at Atlanta Motor Speedway:
Sublime one (FABO) 25.5 L11 L4 4 10 32.5
ocdart (FABO) 28.0 L4 L11 10 4 35.0
Back in Time (FABO) 34.5 5 2 (S1-2)(S2-2) 2 28 -3 42.5
Avispa (FABO) 48.5 4 5
(S1-2)(S2-2) 10 2 -3 47.5
Snake (FABO) 49.5 L18 L11
(S1-1) 5 4 53.0
44070dart (FABO) 39.0 9 18
(S1-1) 38 5 59.5
Yunick13 (FABO) 50.5 5 9 (S1-2)(S2-2) 2 38 -3 63.5
cuda20 (FABO) 54.0 22 19 15 9 66.0
fishmens67 (FABO) 61.0 L19 L18
(S1-1) 9 5 67.0
ddpsnake (FBBO) 63.0 L18 L4
(S1-1) 5 10 69.5
riverdawg (FBBO) 58.0 L9 L19 38 9 81.5

LocuMob (FABO) 81.5 22 L2 15 28 103.0
Dart_Doctor (FABO) 106.0 L9 L22 38 15 132.5
memike (FABO) 114.5 L2 L22 28 15 136.0

Please let me know if I show either your Pole or Race picks incorrectly or if you have any questions.
Pole picks will only be shown on the point standings immediately after each of the 8 races that will have qualifying in the 2021 season.

Please post your picks for the next race and let me know if you want to "lock" them in for future weeks. I will put an "L" before either your Pole pick or your race picks to show they've been "locked".
As always, you can always make different picks each week. Your "locked" picks will always be there should you forget to post your race picks, your computer malfunctions or the site should go down temporarily.

The Food City Dirt Race at Bristol Motor Speedway is happening on Sunday, March 28th with the green flag droping at approximately 3:45 PM EDT (12:45 PM PDT). In true 'dirt race' fashion, there will be four Qualifying Heat races on Saturday, March 27th, to determine starting positions. So post your Pole Pick before the first qualifying heat race scheduled to start at 6:00 PM EDT (3:00 PM PDT).

Elliott for pole..:thumbsup: :thankyou:

DSC_7669.jpg

Just curious, Will they be driving cars that look like real race cars or those ugly Late Model Dirt Cars. Not looking for debate just want to know.

Just curious, Will they be driving cars that look like real race cars or those ugly Late Model Dirt Cars. Not looking for debate just want to know.
this was two days ago, looks like the wedge bodies

Screenshot_20210323-194515_Google.jpg

When they raced the trucks at Eldora, they used the same chassis and body. I doubt that they'd switch to a dirt late model chassis just for one race

I admit I don't follow a lot od dirt racing so I went over to the NASCAR site to read how the positions will be selected, having read the explanation, I understand even less!
Can someone clue me in?

They are treating Bristol like they would the Daytona 500. They divide the field into smaller groups, and have them race for the starting position in the main race. Usually 2 or 3 smaller groups. The smaller races are called heat races, and the main race is called the feature.

So that would be four pole winners, one for each heat, so how do You select a pole leader for this competition.

Pole will probably be won by first heat. Outside pole determined by 2nd heat. 3rd and 4th heat will determine starting positions mid pack on back.

I'm sure points will determine which heat you will race in.

Okay, I can understand that, when will We know who's in what heat? by points standing?

Okay, I can understand that, when will We know who's in what heat? by points standing?

Straight from nascar.com here's how the qualifying heat races for the Bristol Dirt Race will run:

* The starting grids for each heat will be determined by random draw, conducted in order of current team owner points standings.
* Drivers that win their heats earn 10 points, second place earns nine, third place earns eight, and so forth. Drivers earn one additional point for each position gained in their heat, but do not lose points for losing position in their heats. Ties in these combined points totals will be broken by current team owner points.

Qualifying Heat Races will be on FS1 television starting at 6:00pm EDT (3:00pm PDT), Saturday, March 27.
Tune in and get dirty!

Warning: you might need to dust your television after.

Straight from nascar.com here's how the qualifying heat races for the Bristol Dirt Race will run:

* The starting grids for each heat will be determined by random draw, conducted in order of current team owner points standings.
* Drivers that win their heats earn 10 points, second place earns nine, third place earns eight, and so forth. Drivers earn one additional point for each position gained in their heat, but do not lose points for losing position in their heats. Ties in these combined points totals will be broken by current team owner points.

Qualifying Heat Races will be on FS1 television starting at 6:00pm EDT (3:00pm PDT), Saturday, March 27.
Tune in and get dirty!

Warning: you might need to dust your television after.

Reminds me of when I crewed on a dirt car back in the late 70's in Kansas

So @ocdart , they will be racing there cup cars ?
Or wedge bodies or could it be trucks ??
My son is saying trucks, I need to do more digging.

So @ocdart , they will be racing there cup cars ?
Or wedge bodies or could it be trucks ??
My son is saying trucks, I need to do more digging.

Mike -
Trucks are racing on the Bristol dirt Saturday. Cup cars on Sunday for our game.

Television coverage of dirt practice today, all on FS1:

3:00pm EDT (Noon PDT) - Camping World Truck Series 1st practice
4:00pm EDT (1:00pm PDT) - Cup Series 1st practice
5:30pm EDT (2:30pm PDT) - Camping World Truck Series final practice
6:30pm EDT (4:30pm PDT) - Cup Series final practice

These will all re-air tomorrow (Saturday), check your local listings

-
Back