Heres a vid of something unseen

-
I have posted tons of stuff about my car and my project I am working on with it right now. It doesn't get half the attention though for some reason. I have caught a lot of flack for some of my Zaney ideas and just tried to defend my honor. I see know how tacky that can look and promise to knock off the "whining". I have Offered what I know. (Only about 273 Commando and /6s) I have asked for what I want. a Road hugging set-up for the Cali mountians and all that is undermined by my lame attitude sometimes. You are right I am as green as they come around here and still have plenty of learning to do. For that I have come to the right place I know. I feel like an *** but that is ok I am young and will forget about it one day... I signed up here for advice on my car, which is so rare that it is hard to get what I need anywhere... Including here. Oh well I am putting my nose to the grindstone now. Forgive me or not I will try harder to behave...

I wouldn't really say its something I need to forgive you for. I'm not mad, and I don't hold grudges. I just get annoyed with things sometimes. When I first joined I remember saying a few things that didn't necessarily need to be said, and I felt like an idiot when I went back later and read them. This site is here to help people out, to bring people together, for positive reasons. So when people are negative and just reem someone out for enjoying a Chevy, its like.. why?
But ya, forgiven if its what you meant.

Nice Lil' vega,Welcome to F.a.b.o.keep up the good work,nothin wrong with practicing on chevy's I learned a lot in life from working on chevys and fords,met a lot of nice people with diffrent brands of cars,all had one thing in common.....love of cars my best friend/partner of twenty some years is chevy amc guy,some of you guy's need to wise up,some of the stuff you say on the putter you wouldn't say to the man's face...you gotta go back down the road you leave behind.I'm sure you have met people who talked smack about your mopars before...wasn't very nice was it???? set an example,If i seen some guy with a chevy or ford broke down on the side of the road do you think it would stop me from offering a helping hand???I've had people in chevy's and fords help me before,never asked for anything in return just helped a fellow car enthusiast just because it was the right thing to do.any way welcome to the world's kewlest car site on the planet!!!:cheers:

Right on and thank you!,

I'll be honest, I love my Dart more then any car I have or have had BESIDES my 54 Chevy 3100 advanced design 5 window pick up due to the fact that my great frandfather drove it off the lot in 54 and it has been in the family since!!, not only has it been in the family since but every bit of work was done by a family member and it only has 50K original miles the truck means the world to me!

A-body's are by far some of the nicest cars ever propduced, I'd say the 68 Dart, 68 Cuda notch and then my 72 Vega, a 70.5 camaro, 65 chevelle those would have to be my top 5 favorite rides of all time!

Shawn.

Nice Lil' vega,Welcome to F.a.b.o.keep up the good work,nothin wrong with practicing on chevy's I learned a lot in life from working on chevys and fords,met a lot of nice people with diffrent brands of cars,all had one thing in common.....love of cars my best friend/partner of twenty some years is chevy amc guy,some of you guy's need to wise up,some of the stuff you say on the putter you wouldn't say to the man's face...you gotta go back down the road you leave behind.I'm sure you have met people who talked smack about your mopars before...wasn't very nice was it???? set an example,If i seen some guy with a chevy or ford broke down on the side of the road do you think it would stop me from offering a helping hand???I've had people in chevy's and fords help me before,never asked for anything in return just helped a fellow car enthusiast just because it was the right thing to do.any way welcome to the world's kewlest car site on the planet!!!:cheers:

One day, possibly very soon, there will be no more GM, Ford or Chrysler. All that will be left are foreign cars. With that said, I personally feel that the days of Mopar vs GM, or Mopar vs Ford etc are OVER. It is now American cars vs Foreign cars. I would never say anything negative about another man's ride just because it isn't a certain American brand.
I have owned a LOT of Chevy's in the past and was a Corvette owner for close to 25 years before I met you guys, but I have been driving Dodge trucks since 1986. When I joined here in fall of 2007, I posted on the welcome wagon and mentioned my Corvette past. I received a ton of email asking Corvette questions from members of this site asking for advice etc about Vettes, so there are a lot of closet Chevy/Ford guys here without a doubt.
Back in the 80's a friend of mine had a green 73 Vega with a built small block and a Muncie 4 speed and 12 bolt rear with a cage. Street driven car that would run 11's at CT Dragway. One of the most violent cars I've ever been in.
It was great to see the video of your Vega. I think you did a great job with it, and it sounds fantastic to me. I think some of you guys need to lighten up a bit, but that is just my opinion FWIW.

Here is a picture (front nose anyway) of my red 72 at Corvette Carlisle in 2007. Only pic I have on my computer of the car. Piece of crap to you? Maybe it is. But not to me. I love all American Muscle regardless of the brand, I just happen to choose to drive a Mopar.

Click this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ALKAaa-TU

George

dart early resto and disassembly98.JPG

well.. well.. well.. i think thy call it A hotrod!!!!!!!!! so play nice......i am proud of it .. and its not mine ..... /6!!!!!!!

It will be American against Foreign. I respect all muscle cars. Mopars are my favorite. It's funny my one buddy has a Ford Torino and my other buddy has a Chevelle. We bust each others chops but it's all in fun. Nice Vega by the way. I also had a buddy with a V8 Pinto.

Fred B

it's unfortunate that nowadays it's turning into a two-sided fight. the big three aren't that big anymore, and all of us are just trying to keep it alive. it's about the era that has sort of come and gone.... for everyone but us. i'm 20 years old, and i was raised to be part of another generation, one that didn't drive electric cars, watched reality television, and played playstation. i have an expansive record collection, i don't own a vehicle that doesn't have a V8, and my favorite smell is burnt race fuel mixed with burnt rubber. I'm holding onto what was there before my time, and trying to make it last for me for MY time. i don't like chevys, but i appreciate this car, just like anything else someone put time and energy into to make it THEIRS. most people my age don't even know what a spark plug is, and if they do, chances are they have a mechanic change them out for them. keep on keeping the past alive!

I'm the same way Happster, I have been collecting vintage Audio since I was 12 years old I honestly believe that analog is the only way to go when listening to music the only time I use MP3's is in passive listening when I'm busy doing something else like working on my car. I have a decent record collection but have since stopped collecting as I had to sell my beautiful turn table =( but it happens, I listen to a lot of tapes and older CD's ya know cd's from when they actually still tried to make s a decent recording.

I have not owned a car that wasnt A American and B a V8 accept my 54 Chevy pick up which in time will have a small block 350 in it any ways AND C 1975 or newer I will never own a car newer then 1974.

Shawn.

it's unfortunate that nowadays it's turning into a two-sided fight. the big three aren't that big anymore, and all of us are just trying to keep it alive. it's about the era that has sort of come and gone.... for everyone but us. i'm 20 years old, and i was raised to be part of another generation, one that didn't drive electric cars, watched reality television, and played playstation. i have an expansive record collection, i don't own a vehicle that doesn't have a V8, and my favorite smell is burnt race fuel mixed with burnt rubber. I'm holding onto what was there before my time, and trying to make it last for me for MY time. i don't like chevys, but i appreciate this car, just like anything else someone put time and energy into to make it THEIRS. most people my age don't even know what a spark plug is, and if they do, chances are they have a mechanic change them out for them. keep on keeping the past alive!

-
Back