hi from pa

-

74Dusterkid

Reaction score
hey im craig im 16 from Pottstown PA. right before christmas my dad found a 74 duster for sale. We got it for $800 needs some work but still trying to get it to daily driver condition. heard about this site from one of my dads friends who says this really could help me get parts and assistance. hope to be posting regulary.

Yup, welcome, greta site, lots of info and helpfull people. Nice to see a young guy driving something worthy :-D

thanks and im sure we're gonna have fun with this car. and my friend wanted me to get a ford but went the mopar route. lol im gonna go to my dads house tomorrow and get better pics with my camera instead of using my phone.

nice more from pa this was originally a 318 car but the previous owner blew that up and put a 2bbl 360 in and i think it has a 904 trans with it too the rears a 8 1/4 and it also has big bolt pattern brakes thats as far as i got being its in the teens here in pa cause we just got the car last month and really havent wrenched on it too much

duster driver floor.jpg

duster floor pan.jpg

duster interior.jpg

duster passenger floor.jpg

duster passenger outside.jpg

duster rear.jpg

duster slots.jpg

Hi and welcome. I am kinda partial to the 74 Dusters. I have some parts n pcs so along the way keep me in mind. Never know I might have what ya need. Looks like a good project.

Never be afraid to ask a question on here. Its the only way ya learn.

Enjoy

-RPM

thank you i will keep that in mind cause i know im gonna need advise and parts at some point in the next couple of months like with the floor pans and stuff like that.

Welcome to the club!! I live in Barto - not more than 15 minutes from Pottstown; right off Rt100.

If you need anything, just ask.

Dan

Well Kid, you are already on the right track(we love pics).
Welcome aboard, and good luck with the Duster. Looks like a cool project.

69 Swinger1 (Small).JPG

Welcome to FABO! Good to have you. Nice car looks like a very solid starting point to work with. Good luck with your build.

yea i know were barto is, and for the hang ten pannels i couldnt tell you im all but clueless about mopars cause my dad is all about his 74 firebird i am going to get a lot more pics and better quality cause i cleaned i completely out since then i will also get the vin so i can use the decoder on the site

Looks like Hang 10 interior, but I'm pretty sure they were all sunroof/folding seat cars, right?

Edit: Just looked at an original ad, and it says the roof and seat are optional - looks like you might have a "hang 10" Duster there.

As a matter of fact, I THINK I see just a hint of the original side stripe in the second pic right at the edge of the door. Duh - now that I look, I guess that's what the line is along the body that's painted over.

well there is no sunroof on the car and if you mean folding back seat i dont think it does i gotta go look at the vin then, i will go after i get out of work tonight cause i dont wanna ruin anything that might be salvageable. the front seat is looking like a lost cause but the back is all but perfect no rips or anything just a little wet cause the car leaks like all the people i know have been telling me.

Well, I just realized that the hang 10 was only Dart Sports, so either somebody swapped the interior, or you have a unigue trim package. Take a look at the fender tag.

the car was originaly white but the other owner went to maaco or something and got it sprayed a knockoff hemi orange. all this is new information for me so thanks and im gonna have to go to work around 4 so ill get off at like 8:30 then head over to my dads for the vin and maybe a few pics

hi welcome to the site,,im in PA also im out side phily in a town called levittown, at the end of the PA turn pike,where the PA/NJ pikes meet,,

plenty of guys here to help you,,then there are the 2 mopar swap meet and car shows,one at englishtown new jersey,and the big on in july at carlisle,,about an hour from you,,over 3000 show cars,, 1100 parts vendors,,
ALL MOPAR EVENT,, good luck with your project,,360 motor you already have a good start,,

well i gotta get ready to go to work i get off work at 8:30 so i will head over and get the vin and some better pics for every one to get a better idea of what im working with just wait til you see the trunk pan or shall i say not see it lol ill get some of the motor too

...wow a set of slotted mags WITH center caps.... !!! thats a rare thing around here... most dont have center caps.

-RPM

-
Back