Hobart Welder

-

Old Tired Rebel

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I went and put this welder in layaway tonight.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/hobart-handler-reg-140-mig-welder-3812040

$479.99
$449.99

In stores only

Product Reviews
Overall Customer Rating:
rating.gif

openRatingsHistogram.gif

42 out of 43(98%)reviewers would recommend this product to a friend.
Read all 43 reviews
Write a review

Follow this product

Product Description
SKU Number: 3812040

Manufacturers Number: 500500
Brand: Hobart
Process Type: MIG, Flux Core
Welding Amperage Range: 25-140 A
Input Voltage: 115 V
Weld Thickness: 24 ga. - 1/4 inch - Single Pass
Duty Cycle: 20% @ 90 A
Product Length: 19-1/2 in.
Product Weight: 57 lb.
Warranty: Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
Product Width: 10-5/8 in.
Product Height: 12-3/8 in.

• Description
  • Reviews

View Demo

View Demo Video

View Brochure
Built with Hobart quality & durability, the Handler® 140 is Hobart's most popular wire feed welder - it is MIG ready, no additional kit required. The Handler® 140 is a wire welding package with industrial performance, operating on standard 115V household current. Extremely versatile and perfect for the welder that wants to work on auto body, household repairs, or even heavier farm projects that require extra power. Tapped voltage gives you the best possible power and arc available while welding. Includes: comfortable 10 ft. H100S2-10 MIG gun with liner, built-in gas valve, dual gauge regulator and gas hose, 10 ft. work cable with clamp, power cord with plug, extra .030 in. contact tips, sample spool of .030 in. flux-cored welding wire and 8 in. wire spool adapter.

• Welds 24 ga. up to 1/4 in. mild steel in a single pass
  • Operates off 115V household current
  • 4 voltage settings for precise set-up
  • 30 to 140 output amperage
  • Duty cycle - 20% at 90 amps
  • Dual groove, quick change drive roll
  • Self-resetting thermal overload system protection
  • Built-in contactor eases use and is an excellent safety feature which makes wire electrically "cold" when not welding
  • Manufacturers limited warranty

Congrats Cliff. No doubt you will get a lot of use and enjoyment out of it.

Thanks David and Bill. It will help me a lot

That's what I bought almost a year ago, exact same model, same place! That's cheaper than I paid, also. I love mine! Haven't been able to afford to run anything but flux with it, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

That's what I bought almost a year ago, exact same model, same place! That's cheaper than I paid, also. I love mine! Haven't been able to afford to run anything but flux with it, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Cool I have a few things to do before I can use it. Like wiring up my building and getting a few welding tools to use.

Thats what i,d buy if I could afford it.Having a daughter in college keeps me wiped out.

I'm going to have to check that layaway plan out. New house, 6 kids, and a crappy job area makes it hard to save any money for anything. I got the welder with my income tax, that's pretty much the only time I can buy anything like that. But, it would make it a lot easier if I could make payments.

thats the exact same welder i have im impressed with it. good luck with your new welder just get you some scrap and practice. you will be welding like a professional in no time.

I'm going to have to check that layaway plan out. New house, 6 kids, and a crappy job area makes it hard to save any money for anything. I got the welder with my income tax, that's pretty much the only time I can buy anything like that. But, it would make it a lot easier if I could make payments.

I put more than required down. They require 25% down and they even break it down to 3 monthly payments.

A neighbor has that welder. I have used it a few times, good little box....

I bought the same welder went in to get the millermatic and salesmen talked me int that one. Almost $200 cheaper, made by Miller and nearly the same thing. The only missing feature is the auto setting but the chart in the door of the hobart makes that easy. Enjoy

Hey Reb, Congrats on your new welder. I'm sure you'll find all sorts of uses for that sucker. I got a Lincoln MIG from Mrs Claus for Christmas and am having a blast "playing" with it. Been practicing on anything I can get my hands on!

Pat

Thanks I can't wait to get it home to start using it.

I have the same welder, bought it at northern tool on sale for $475 with cart, including shipping.
Great welder, I put the large spool of wire on it and run stargon gas 75/25.
Like any welder don't run it on an extension cord, build a nice heavy cord 10 gauge or heavier if you need the extra length.

Thanks for posting this, Cliff. I've been wondering about welders myself, but haven't taken the plunge yet. With all the positive reviews your post has generated, I think you just made my decision for me. I appreciate it!

nice !!!! the 110V is handy bcoz no special shop wiring is needed, just avoid extension cords....i have a 110V lincoln and you have seen what kind of stuff i do with it.

you definatly want the gas bottle if you can get the gas, it makes sooo much better welds and is cleaner

glad to see you moving in a good direction here :cheers::cheers:

Thanks for posting this, Cliff. I've been wondering about welders myself, but haven't taken the plunge yet. With all the positive reviews your post has generated, I think you just made my decision for me. I appreciate it!

Thanks I hope it helps and try Tractor Supply to get one they have a excellent layaway program

-
Back